NY Daily News Jets game by game predictions

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Probably two-fold:

They were announced as our first game. 

We were in similar position two years ago, and since then have both made moves, some more successful than others, to take over the AFCE, with young QB’s, post-Brady..... well, here we are.  

*For me, personally, I was born in Syracuse but grew up on Long Island, so I was around plenty of obnoxious Jets fans.... the 1/10 that aren’t Giants fans. 

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR8s0nISYFlPvEdRU05RbS0C0GsYY4mCoOcfFCuuZxTNkVp12Qj&usqp=CAU

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

didn't realize Manish wrote this till the end. It's actually somewhat reasonable coming from a mentally handicapped person like him. Except they aren't beating us. 

Depends what camp looks like - i don't know that buffalo can come out flatter than they did in 2019, but in any case.  NYJ have improved their line and if its a battle of running games and turnovers - who knows.

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Depends what camp looks like - i don't know that buffalo can come out flatter than they did in 2019, but in any case.  NYJ have improved their line and if its a battle of running games and turnovers - who knows.

Who is Darnold throwing to? Anderson isn't there anymore. Our DL/LB's will(should) dominate their OL. Their OL has some new parts and it will be hard to  develop any consistency with what figures to be very little practice time this off-season.  I think they will have a hard time running the ball because of that. Their D with Williams is good but Allen has more weapons to work with in Singletary, Brown, Beasley, and Diggs.

4 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

This is a laughable homer piece. The Jets could very easily start the season 0-8 and even go 0-10 if they can't beat Pats at home or the Dolphins. They could be a 4 win team at most. Despite the wishful thinking here, the Bills will handily beat them twice. 

Obviously Bills fans are scared shitless of this Jets team

I expect a sweep over the Jets this season. The one thing I will say is Joe Douglas appears to be a good hire. He will probably do for them what Beane has done for us. It's going to take him more than one offseason to fix that team. I hope they give Gase a 10 year contract extension. He is a "great" HC.

8 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Why do we care about the Jets game by game predictions? 

I'm getting pretty tired of Jets focused posts on a Bills message board.  Maybe its just me.

Because this is a message forum..that is what gets done here.  

Even if you don't care about it...it is football related and Bills related, why not encourage people to post anything of interest here related to the Bills or their opponents....I want as much material to read and discuss as possible....I don't want people discouraged from posting interesting things that I may not find out there myself.

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

They improved their line marginally, they’re betting on a rookie to be their WR, and they didn’t do anything of substance to address their woeful CB room. 

also, they’re run by a laughingstock of a coach.

The pro-Jets mentality of this board is the exact same thing that we saw last year where half the board expected them to destroy us. 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, Mark80 said:

Uh ... maybe because they're in our division ... I haven't had chance to look at their schedule and always like to see (granted similar non conf opponents)  ... plus ala below's comment .. and to be clear not doing this with non division team schedules, but nice to benchmark where other division teams may end up after regular season concludes.

21 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

This is a laughable homer piece.

Agreed ... 7-9 I don't see ... I just don't think Gase is that strong ... sign me up for the "under".

On 5/8/2020 at 7:13 AM, Mark80 said:

I'm getting pretty tired of Jets focused posts on a Bills message board.  Maybe its just me.

I feel like I should change my user name to Slinglin' Sam with all these Jets posts.