Week 1 NFL Lines: Bills (-7) vs Jets

9 hours ago, Billl said:

Bills straight up against KC on Thursday night.

For as HUUUUUUUUGE as this game is, ‘Even’ doesn’t surprise me. Both teams are playing on a short week (notoriously bad games) and KC is the traveling team. We couldn’t have hoped for a better scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

are the titans going to suffer from a long playoff run and start slow?  they are very well coached with a top defense and vet qb coming back with a better run game and added defensive pieces.  broncos went all in on offense for drew lock but i think that defense is not what it was a couple years ago. i'd take the titans right now in this one

18 minutes ago, dogbyte said:

The Dolphins are on the road at NE not at home.

Good catch.. the graphic is wrong. Made it 3 pages with no one picking up on that lol. 

Obviously that explains the line, should have looked up to confirm dolphins were actually at home when I saw it because it made no sense.

Edited by Process

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

are the titans going to suffer from a long playoff run and start slow?  they are very well coached with a top defense and vet qb coming back with a better run game and added defensive pieces.  broncos went all in on offense for drew lock but i think that defense is not what it was a couple years ago. i'd take the titans right now in this one

Tennessee got where they got last year because Ryan Tannehill was the best QB in the league for a stretch but the postseason is closer to what Tannehill is for his first 5 years in the league.

Denver also had a better defense than Tennessee last season and gets Chubb back. I can see the like for Denver here, especially at Denver.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

For as HUUUUUUUUGE as this game is, ‘Even’ doesn’t surprise me. Both teams are playing on a short week (notoriously bad games) and KC is the traveling team. We couldn’t have hoped for a better scenario.

As a Chiefs fan, I completely disagree.  I couldn’t have picked a worse scenario.

I knew that game would be TNF.  It just seemed inevitable.  That one has ‘Buffalo’s coming out party’ written all over it.  I saw that game as a coin flip before the schedule came out.  With it being Thursday night, I think Buffalo either wins convincingly (most likely) or totally melts down and gets torched.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Bufflow4 said:

That KC spread shows that the Bills are getting respect from a source that actually matters, with the oddsmakers literally putting money on the line. 

On 5/10/2020 at 5:03 AM, Billl said:

As a Chiefs fan, I completely disagree.  I couldn’t have picked a worse scenario.

I knew that game would be TNF.  It just seemed inevitable.  That one has ‘Buffalo’s coming out party’ written all over it.  I saw that game as a coin flip before the schedule came out.  With it being Thursday night, I think Buffalo either wins convincingly (most likely) or totally melts down and gets torched.

Go find the last time the Bills got torched

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Meh i don't consider that torched in the slightest, we were leading at one point...it was competitive

Competitive?  Or the score was close?  They bludgeoned us

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It was 11-7 at half. You want to call that torched go ahead

They beat us down.  I know what I saw.  I tend to refrain from using the halftime score to explain what happened in a football game.  They obliterated us in the 2nd half.  We had 2 decent drives in the first half.  We had one td drive on our first possession of the 2nd half.....then couldn’t move the ball for the rest of the game.  

if you look at the headlines and recaps regarding the game, you’ll see that the world pretty much agrees.  We got beat down. 

I think we’re just debating what being “torched” is.  We didn’t show up that day.  We played our worst game of the year by far imo.  We wanted no part of the.  They destroyed us on both sides of the trenches

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Meh i don't consider that torched in the slightest, we were leading at one point...it was competitive

The Texans led the Chiefs at one point in the playoffs, too.  That game was still a blowout.  You lose by 18 in the NFL, that qualifies as a beating.