I Can't Wait 'Til The Home Opener!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If I wasn't clear, I'm saying that I think there's about a 50% chance that there is no regular season, at all. If there is a season, it will likely be with either no crowds, or significantly diminished crowds. The chances of the season happening with full crowds is, IMO, very slim.

Generally when you give percentages you want them to equal 100%.  My guess at this point is the season will start on time without crowds.  Maybe by the time the 2nd half of the season starts they'll do a lottery system or something and fill 25% of the stadium requiring every 4th seat or so.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Generally when you give percentages you want them to equal 100%.  My guess at this point is the season will start on time without crowds.  Maybe by the time the 2nd half of the season starts they'll do a lottery system or something and fill 25% of the stadium requiring every 4th seat or so.

Guys there are plenty of other posts where you could give your opinion on what type of season we are looking at.  This post is a tradition here at TBD.  Rich sends down the countdown as soon as the schedule comes out.  It gives everybody something to look forward to.   Not everybody shares your gloom and doom predictions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

Guys there are plenty of other posts where you could give your opinion on what type of season we are looking at.  This post is a tradition here at TBD.  Rich sends down the countdown as soon as the schedule comes out.  It gives everybody something to look forward to.   Not everybody shares your gloom and doom predictions.

I've been on this forum for years, and I know the tradition very well. My post seemed pretty relevant to the conversation, to me, but I certainly didn't want to crap in anyone's corn flakes. The thing of it is, my predictions-- about anything, really-- are almost always wrong.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I've been on this forum for years, and I know the tradition very well. My post seemed pretty relevant to the conversation, to me, but I certainly didn't want to crap in anyone's corn flakes. The thing of it is, my predictions-- about anything, really-- are almost always wrong.

While I understand your prediction, I do genuinely believe it is wrong. Friendly avatar bet? Winner picks an embarrassing avatar for the loser? Maybe the terms could be something like, if the season happens, and half or more games have half or more attendance, I win. Or something. Or not, your call. I just feel equally strongly that it's happening and there will be fans, though maybe not full capacity each week.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, arcane said:

While I understand your prediction, I do genuinely believe it is wrong. Friendly avatar bet? Winner picks an embarrassing avatar for the loser? Maybe the terms could be something like, if the season happens, and half or more games have half or more attendance, I win. Or something. Or not, your call. I just feel equally strongly that it's happening and there will be fans, though maybe not full capacity each week.

No thanks you on the bet. That's a bet I would not want to win. I don't ever feel comfortable about betting against the Bills, and that's what it would feel like. If the season goes on as expected, believe the Bills are very well positioned for this season. I've said many times in other threads that continuity has a greater value this season than in those past, with many teams having a clumsy start. And,  look at the rest of the division. Even the Pats* are going to struggle to install their system with so much turnover. The Bills have continuity and a really good team. 

I really, really, really hope you are right.

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

No thanks you on the bet. That's a bet I would not want to win. I don't ever feel comfortable about betting against the Bills, and that's what it would feel like. If the season goes on as expected, believe the Bills are very well positioned for this season. I've said many times in other threads that continuity has a greater value this season than in those past, with many teams having a clumsy start. And,  look at the rest of the division. Even the Pats* are going to struggle to install their system with so much turnover. The Bills have continuity and a really good team. 

I really, really, really hope you are right.

Fair enough!

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Even if the NFL doesn't prevent people from going to games, $100 says the LA Chargers will be playing without fans anyway.

Traditions come in many forms.  :)

• Haha (+1) 1