Buffalo Bills Official 2020 Schedule

I dont understand why people think the schedule is so brutal. 

Q1 of season: Jets, Fish, Rams, and Raiders. Division games are always important but at worst thats a split. I dont think Goff can beat us. The Raiders could be trappy but still 3-1.

Q2: Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Pats.. Tannehill and Derek Henry dont put any fear into me. Chiefs will be the "true test" probably an L. Another divisional split. 5-3

Q3: Seahawks, Cards, Chargers, 49'ers. Russell still gets it done L. I think Kyler is going to get rag dolled W. Vontae quitting revenge game W. Bills beat disappointing 49ers team. 8-4

Q4: Steelers, Broncos, Pats, Fish. I dont think Ben is going to be good or healthy at this point W. Drew Lock W. AFCE on the line W. Rest L 

11-5.  

2 hours ago, Mr. K said:

I dont understand why people think the schedule is so brutal. 

Q1 of season: Jets, Fish, Rams, and Raiders. Division games are always important but at worst thats a split. I dont think Goff can beat us. The Raiders could be trappy but still 3-1.

Q2: Titans, Chiefs, Jets, Pats.. Tannehill and Derek Henry dont put any fear into me. Chiefs will be the "true test" probably an L. Another divisional split. 5-3

Q3: Seahawks, Cards, Chargers, 49'ers. Russell still gets it done L. I think Kyler is going to get rag dolled W. Vontae quitting revenge game W. Bills beat disappointing 49ers team. 8-4

Q4: Steelers, Broncos, Pats, Fish. I dont think Ben is going to be good or healthy at this point W. Drew Lock W. AFCE on the line W. Rest L 

11-5.  

Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Titans, 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams all look like they’ll be pretty good.  Throw in the Steelers (who are always in it with Big Ben and Tomlin running the show) and an improved Dolphins team, and it ain’t gonna be a cakewalk.  

21 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Titans, 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams all look like they’ll be pretty good.  Throw in the Steelers (who are always in it with Big Ben and Tomlin running the show) and an improved Dolphins team, and it ain’t gonna be a cakewalk.  

I dont expect anything to be given away by just about all of those teams. I think the Broncos, Raiders, and Rams are not going to be dominate teams or push overs either. I think they are going to be like drought Bills teams. Good at somethings bad at others and cant beat solid teams with solid players on both sides of the ball. I think that the Cardinals might look better than the Steelers. Unless Ben finds his own TB12 method to stay on the field for more than half of a season I dont think we have anything to worry about.

13 hours ago, Mr. K said:

I dont expect anything to be given away by just about all of those teams. I think the Broncos, Raiders, and Rams are not going to be dominate teams or push overs either. I think they are going to be like drought Bills teams. Good at somethings bad at others and cant beat solid teams with solid players on both sides of the ball. I think that the Cardinals might look better than the Steelers. Unless Ben finds his own TB12 method to stay on the field for more than half of a season I dont think we have anything to worry about.

What do you think the Broncos won't be good at? Lock playing as he did as a rookie is good enough for that team to make the play offs IMO. Around him they are pretty stacked.

Edited by GunnerBill

On 5/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, eball said:

The Bills will be rightfully favored in at least 5 of the 6 games...and perhaps all 6 by the time the late MNF game at the Pats*** rolls around.  Nothing is "easy" but even for someone who likes to play the role of pessimist do you really disagree with that?

Right now the Bills +5.5/+6 week 1 

You start off with (2) division games-never easy 

You play a very talented Rams team that is one year removed from the super bowl 

You play the Raiders in their first Sunday home game in Vegas 

You go on the road to play the Titans who were in AFC Champ Game last year 

You play the world champs at home on Thursday night 

You see how it can get fishy?

If the Bill start 2-2 (split division games and Rams Raiders) it can very easily turn into 2-4. 

Then you are pretty much playing for your season the next two weeks @ Jets and vs Pats.

The key for all the AFC East teams is to win your division games. I think it’s going to be tough to go over .500 against AFC W and NFC W. The AFC South and AFC North games are going to be no cake walk either. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Right now the Bills +5.5/+6 week 1 

You start off with (2) division games-never easy 

You play a very talented Rams team that is one year removed from the super bowl 

You play the Raiders in their first Sunday home game in Vegas 

You go on the road to play the Titans who were in AFC Champ Game last year 

You play the world champs at home on Thursday night 

You see how it can get fishy?

If the Bill start 2-2 (split division games and Rams Raiders) it can very easily turn into 2-4. 

Then you are pretty much playing for your season the next two weeks @ Jets and vs Pats.

The key for all the AFC East teams is to win your division games. I think it’s going to be tough to go over .500 against AFC W and NFC W. The AFC South and AFC North games are going to be no cake walk either. 

The Rams aren’t winning 8 games this year. 

@JetsFan20 crazy things happen but you're forgetting the Bills are no longer a "question mark" -- they are in their 4th year under McD and Beane.  They're probably in the top 5-6 teams league-wide in terms of stability.  Barring major injuries no reason to believe they won't start at least 3-1 with that schedule.  I see 3-3 as the "worst case scenario" through 6 but more likely we're talking 4-2 or perhaps 5-1.  Not being overzealous here...just looking at what the predictions will be and knowing the teams' rosters.

23 minutes ago, eball said:

@JetsFan20 crazy things happen but you're forgetting the Bills are no longer a "question mark" -- they are in their 4th year under McD and Beane.  They're probably in the top 5-6 teams league-wide in terms of stability.  Barring major injuries no reason to believe they won't start at least 3-1 with that schedule.  I see 3-3 as the "worst case scenario" through 6 but more likely we're talking 4-2 or perhaps 5-1.  Not being overzealous here...just looking at what the predictions will be and knowing the teams' rosters.

The Bills have been a losing team for a long time. It takes more than clinching 2 wild card spots and subsequently a couple of first round exits before they gain the benefit of the doubt. I understand the optimism, but I’m not sold that the Bills are good enough to just roll through those first four games.

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Bills have been a losing team for a long time. It takes more than clinching 2 wild card spots and subsequently a couple of first round exits before they gain the benefit of the doubt. I understand the optimism, but I’m not sold that the Bills are good enough to just roll through those first four games.

I think a lot of us here are optimistic, but still cautious, until as you say - we prove year in/year out this team (and mainly Josh Allen) can be trusted.

That said, if Josh Allen makes any semblance of a jump, this team is very talented, very deep and very well coached.

Week 1 Jets will be interesting because I have no idea what y'all are.  Darnold could be solid but you'll be trotting out a brand new OL with two new WR's, one being a rookie.  Our defense was Top 5 last year and our DL should be much better this year.    On offense, i'd be very disappointed if we can't hang a decent number on your defense. I think your defense is solid, but i don't think the Jets revamped secondary should be able to contain Diggs, Brown and Beasley.

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

Well, you're a Jets fan.  The Bills have been a winning team over the past three seasons with two playoff appearances and enter year 4 of the current regime with the best roster, top to bottom, in the AFC East.  It's really not debatable.  Only the Pats*** have an edge in coaching.  We'll see how it all plays out.

Bills really need to start out 4-0 to have a great season imo.  10-6 or better should be very achievable but it is a tough schedule overall, and I don't expect the Jets and Dolphins to be quite as inept this year.  The Steelers, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Cards and Rams aren't considered elite teams either.  So thats 10 very winnable games against mostly average teams.  

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What do you think the Broncos won't be good at? Lock playing as he did as a rookie is good enough for that team to make the play offs IMO. Around him they are pretty stacked.

I just feel like Lock isnt going to get it done for them quite yet. I liked him at Mizzou too, he can put the ball all over the place. I'm not sure why but I just feel like the Broncos are going to fall apart.

8 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I just feel like Lock isnt going to get it done for them quite yet. I liked him at Mizzou too, he can put the ball all over the place. I'm not sure why but I just feel like the Broncos are going to fall apart.

Nah they are a good team. He can be a game manager and they will still be above .500 IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

Unpopular opinion here but I see an 8-8/9-7 season here. Just too tough of a schedule.

Which would prolly be enough to win the division and host a winnable playoff game. I’ll still take it even if it means slightly worse record than last year 

On 5/13/2020 at 4:24 AM, CommonCents said:

The Rams aren’t winning 8 games this year. 

I see no reason why they can't win at least 8. They have talent. Goff has shown he can be a game manager. They won 9 games last year. I expect them to win 9 or 10.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I see no reason why they can't win at least 8. They have talent. Goff has shown he can be a game manager. They won 9 games last year. I expect them to win 9 or 10.

I think folks heard that Goff struggled last year and assumed that they went 6-10. 

If Goff and McVay expand that offense and change things up, they are right back in the playoff mix.

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think folks heard that Goff struggled last year and assumed that they went 6-10. 

If Goff and McVay expand that offense and change things up, they are right back in the playoff mix.

Their defense was head-scratchingly bad, too.  They've got the players, for sure.