Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

I'm not quite sure how Fromm will do on the professional level. If he's a supposed "fit" for Daboll, that would imply the FO picked him because of that. Doesn't really mean he'll go far and it definitely doesn't mean he'll replace Allen.

Just relating that fans' particular take. I think Allen likely will be a franchise qb. I'm a UGA fan, so I like Fromm, but I don't think he's in the same talent category as Allen. He is bright and a natural leader.

I think Fromm was a great pick.  I live down south now and watch plenty of SEC Football and the guy is much better on the field than a bad day at the combine.  

That said, if he were the “perfect” fit for our system, I would think Beane would’ve made more of an effort to grab him, instead of simply taking him because the value was too much to pass up.  

That’s if we’re believing Beane to be entirely truthful about the selection, which I have no reason to believe he’s not. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Just relating that fans' particular take. I think Allen likely will be a franchise qb. I'm a UGA fan, so I like Fromm, but I don't think he's in the same talent category as Allen. He is bright and a natural leader.

I watched him play a few times, and you're right, he is quite smart and he had quite a college career. And yes, Allen is a franchise QB for sure. I don't think the Bills have had a QB since Flutie get this much attention

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

When he pulled up limp breaking up a pass, I was quite happy.

He was having a tremendous day

For some reason Mosley gets fired up more for the Bills than any other team. I live in NJ so I get all the Jets news. Last year he mentioned prior to the week one matchup how he hates us. Says their is a lot of trash talking between the teams. He gave the whole "we hate them and they hate us" speech. When its Pats or Dolphins week their isn't a peep out of him at least not on the level that he talks about the Bills.

23 hours ago, Ecmic82 said:

Bills were -3 in turnovers that game, but if I remember correctly the Jets “fumbled” on a wide receiver lateral on the last play of the game deep in their own half of the field, so practically Buffalo played a -4 turnover game.

There were 12 games last year with a turnover differential of 4 or more, and the team in the negative lost all 12 of those games. Average margin of victory was over 19 points.

it funny Jets fans try to find the silver lining in that game, when the fact is they were unable to do what literally every other team (even Jacksonville!) that was spotted four turnovers was able to do: handily beat their opponent.

(and the Jets defense scored 8 points! Has a team ever lost with a +4 turnover margin and 8 defensive points scored???)

The Jets had one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the game.  They have worked on it over the off-season but we will see if it is enough.

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It must really suck to be a jet fan......the pats are on their way down finally......the bills have made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years and are trending up....Miami seems to have gotten a clue and just drafted their qb finally

Then you have the jets.....who will probably be good for around 2 wins for everybody in the AFC East

I'm a happy Jets fan because I think we have the best QB in the division and we're under new management that actually knows what it is doing.  I think things are looking promising.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Jets had one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the game.  They have worked on it over the off-season but we will see if it is enough.

I'm a happy Jets fan because I think we have the best QB in the division and we're under new management that actually knows what it is doing.  I think things are looking promising.

With an abbreviated offseason starting off with two of the top 3 Defenses from last season in your first two games might be kind of rough.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

As long as Gase is your HC things will never be promising.

Just now, Warcodered said:

With an abbreviated offseason starting off with two of the top 3 Defenses from last season in your first two games might be kind of rough.

It's hard for me to argue.  Would this be a bad time to bring up that Sam is undefeated in Buffalo?  Otherwise, I got nothing.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Hope springs eternal (every year for a jets fan)

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

It's hard for me to argue.  Would this be a bad time to bring up that Sam is undefeated in Buffalo?  Otherwise, I got nothing.

The only reason why Sam is "undefeated" is because you were playing our backups at the end of the year sir

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Given that 1 of the 2 times he's played here we really didn't care and played our back-ups no not really. Though I'm sure that'll of been nice while it lasted.

Technically you can say the same about Josh in Metlife he's 2-0 counting the Giants.

Edited by Warcodered

14 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think it's pretty clear that Allen is the better QB, but I suppose there's no use arguing that to a Jets fan.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The last thing Darnold has ever appeared to have is competitive fire. He always appears to be either going down for or waking up from a nap. 

You're right.  This guy just doesn't give a crap.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

You're right.  This guy just doesn't give a crap.

Pull up Darnold botching the snap in Miami and what he did after, then pull up Allen's botched snap in Dallas on thanksgiving and then maybe you'll see the difference? There's a reason we say Allen has more fire. We can also nitpick ourselves

40 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Come now.  It was bad, but it wasn't historically bad.  It was 28th last year (the Bills were 21st). 

32 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Sure, go ahead.  We'll bring up that Matt Barkley is undefeated in Jersey.

42 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

He beat the 90 mil dead cap Bills by 4 points, and then barely scraped a one score victory against our 2nd and 3rd stringers, with essentially zero of our first stringers playing,and certainly nobody CARING. That doesn't really make me fear Sam Darnold haha and sheds some light on how disingenuous it is to say he's "undefeated in Buffalo"

Now, I do like Sam Darnold as a QB and a person. But the Jets are not scary right now. That could change, especially given your new GM seems to know what he's doing.

Edited by arcane

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

He beat the 90 mil dead cap Bills by 4 points, and then barely scraped a one score victory against our 2nd and 3rd stringers, with essentially zero of our first stringers playing,and certainly nobody CARING. That doesn't really make me fear Sam Darnold haha and sheds some light on how disingenuous it is to say he's "undefeated in Buffalo"

Now, I do like Sam Darnold as a QB and a person. But the Jets are not scary right now. That could change, especially given your new GM seems to know what he's doing.

I was trying to be funny.  The Bills have a better and deeper roster.  But I wasn't kidding when I said I'd rather have Darnold.  Only time will tell.