Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

23 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah, Bell's contract was an asinine decision by your former GM. From what I saw last year, he looked quite unmotivated for someone that just got a huge payday

I didn’t hate it at the time, but Bell has definitely lost his burst. 

I will say he still has some of the best hands I have ever seen from a RB. In his prime he could have probably been an elite slot receiver.

33 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I didn’t hate it at the time, but Bell has definitely lost his burst. 

I will say he still has some of the best hands I have ever seen from a RB. In his prime he could have probably been an elite slot receiver.

I'm not sure what it is - but i don't think he fits what gase wants to do either.

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

The Jets are vastly improved this off-season.  

They fortified the oline, recievers, RBs, have a stud on defense returning in Mosley, shored up their dline and secondary. 

Their GM has been impressive.  Their offense is about as scary as ours, which isnt saying much. 

Both ours teams have much to prove on offense.  If Darnold shows out Allen this year the Jets will most likely take the division and vice versa. 

The oline was the big thing holding them back last year, and they put some heavy investment into it - Fant, McGovern, Becton.  I don't personally love Fant (and hate him at 10m aav), but its an improvement. 

I think Mims will play right away, but he's drafted in the 2nd round - there's typically a reason a player slips (route running, separation etc) - so expect him to contribute, but i wouldn't pencil him in for 75/1000/8 his rookie year. 

Regarding the Defense - Mosley coming back healthy is big and i wouldn't understate his contribution, and i think you also hope williams has a bigger impact.  The concerns for me on defense would come down to the secondary - it just doesn't look anything like a top level unit outside of Adams (who wants an extension).  

Yeah, he's one of few RBs that underestimate the value of a good OL. I know that's what his lack of production will attribute to to some people. But at the same time, Gase never did put much stock in a team's running game. He had it made with Ajayi in Miami

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah, Bell's contract was an asinine decision by your former GM. From what I saw last year, he looked quite unmotivated for someone that just got a huge payday

He looked pretty good in week 1 but started fizzling out.  They'd get out of that contract in a heartbeat if they could . Terrible signing.  

Just now, JerseyBills said:

He looked pretty good in week 1 but started fizzling out.  They'd get out of that contract in a heartbeat if they could . Terrible signing.  

Was watching a clip on YouTube yesterday that had Deion Sanders in it feeling pity for the Jets because of their first 4 games. He ended it with saying Bell doesn't want to play for the Jets

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Hmmm, well they can't be a. 500 team, they could be a  .470 or .529

Again...what did our offense do last year that you place them so far ahead of the Jets?  

I don’t know why you keep focusing on last year?  Last year, the only real difference was our OL being average, while there’s was bottom of the league.  

Since then, they’ve rebuilt their OL.  Could be an average unit this year but that’s still a year behind us, where our rebuilt OL from last year now has a year of cohesion under its belt.  That’s big for an OL.  

They added Gore and Perine to Bell.  
We added Moss to pair with Singletary.  

They have meh TE’s.  (Herndon has potential)
We have meh TE’s. (Knox has potential)

They lost Robbie, replaced with Perriman and added Mims to go with Crowder for their Top 3.  

We bring back Brown and Beasley while adding one of the top 10 WRs in the league, Diggs, for our Top 3. 

On Defense:  

Our secondary is better. 

If Moseley is 100%, it’s a push at LB. 

Our DL is better. 

Talent wise, the teams, on paper, aren’t close.  If both Allen and Darnold take the next step, Allen has more to work with. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Was watching a clip on YouTube yesterday that had Deion Sanders in it feeling pity for the Jets because of their first 4 games. He ended it with saying Bell doesn't want to play for the Jets

?? 

Yea , they'll be lucky to win 1 of the first 4.  I love Gore , we all do , happy he got another contract but why bring a 37 y.o to a RB room with a veteran leader already established in Bell? If Bell needs to be motivated and learn how to do things right at this stage in his career , he's a lost cause imo. 

And wth is this fascination with Gase ? Without Manning he has been brutal and guys like Tannehil, Devante Parker completely turned around their careers after cutting ties with Gase. Reminds me of Ralph in the 2000s 

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

?? 

Yea , they'll be lucky to win 1 of the first 4.  I love Gore , we all do , happy he got another contract but why bring a 37 y.o to a RB room with a veteran leader already established in Bell? If Bell needs to be motivated and learn how to do things right at this stage in his career , he's a lost cause imo. 

And wth is this fascination with Gase ? Without Manning he has been brutal and guys like Tannehil, Devante Parker completely turned around their careers after cutting ties with Gase. Reminds me of Ralph in the 2000s 

Gase is just a pass happy OC. Kinda reminds me of Kevin Gilbride in that they both fail to use common sense. Gase getting that "quarterback whisperer" title really ended up being a detriment to that whole franchise. I was kinda relieved when McCarthy was turned down.

19 hours ago, FireChans said:

Usually the team that turns it over 4 times loses. Winning that game was the fluke. 

I agree except pretty much all those turnovers we had in the first half were fluky as heck. One bounces off of Beasley right into the hands of Mosley for a TD?? One fumbled snap?? Another tipped ball I think? Bills dominated the game in yardage. That's why eventually once we stopped shooting ourselves in the foot we came back and won. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I agree except pretty much all those turnovers we had in the first half were fluky as heck. One bounces off of Beasley right into the hands of Mosley for a TD?? One fumbled snap?? Another tipped ball I think? Bills dominated the game in yardage. That's why eventually once we stopped shooting ourselves in the foot we came back and won. 

Oh no doubt. Play that game 9/10 times and we win it. Play that game with the Bills coughing up 4 TO’s and 9/10 times we lose.

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Hmmm, well they can't be a. 500 team, they could be a  .470 or .529

Again...what did our offense do last year that you place them so far ahead of the Jets? 

Last year is last year.  This year they added a top-10 WR to a group that had an 1,100 yard #1 (who will now be the #2) WR and an 800 yard #3 WR.  They drafted a bruising RB to complement Singletary, who averaged 5.1 YPC last year.  And they returned the OL intact, when continuity is the most important thing for an OL, especially in what will likely be an abbreviated off-/pre-season. 

What did the Jets do?  They lost their best WR and signed a guy who has been a journeyman #3 WR in Perriman.  They drafted a late 2nd round rookie who has a long way to go to prove he's the #1 WR they need.  And they signed a couple average OL in FA, but drafted an OT high.  Will that be enough?

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I mean, you’re not wrong. We had no business winning that game really. There were several games like that last year. But they say good teams find ways to win

It's like the MNF game against Dallas back in 2007 or whatever year that was. No way Dallas should have won that game based on the turnovers and defensive and special teams TD's the Bills had in that game. But fluky plays aside, Dallas was the clear better team and they won.

• Like (+1) 1

The game against the Jets last year was as fluky as anything I’ve ever seen.  We absolutely should have lost that game, but it had nothing to do with being outplayed.  

I do enjoy Jets fans pointing to that game as some kind of indicator and then having selective amnesia about how a non-mono-Darnold-led Jets team could barely beat our backups in the final week of the season.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I don’t know why you keep focusing on last year?  Last year, the only real difference was our OL being average, while there’s was bottom of the league.  

Since then, they’ve rebuilt their OL.  Could be an average unit this year but that’s still a year behind us, where our rebuilt OL from last year now has a year of cohesion under its belt.  That’s big for an OL.  

They added Gore and Perine to Bell.  
We added Moss to pair with Singletary.  

They have meh TE’s.  (Herndon has potential)
We have meh TE’s. (Knox has potential)

They lost Robbie, replaced with Perriman and added Mims to go with Crowder for their Top 3.  

We bring back Brown and Beasley while adding one of the top 10 WRs in the league, Diggs, for our Top 3. 

On Defense:  

Our secondary is better. 

If Moseley is 100%, it’s a push at LB. 

Our DL is better. 

Talent wise, the teams, on paper, aren’t close.  If both Allen and Darnold take the next step, Allen has more to work with. 

Yes, but this fella is convinced Allen is a disaster, so if you factor that presupposition into his analysis, you'll see why he thinks the Jets are a formidable challenge for the Bills.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The game against the Jets last year was as fluky as anything I’ve ever seen.  We absolutely should have lost that game, but it had nothing to do with being outplayed.  

I do enjoy Jets fans pointing to that game as some kind of indicator and then having selective amnesia about how a non-mono-Darnold-led Jets team could barely beat our backups in the final week of the season.  

I read some of the posts on Jetnation from time to time. There's a guy on there named Sar that will insist the Jets won the first game regardless. And oh my god, he piles on excuse after excuse. He even gets on Jet fans nerves

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, but this fella is convinced Allen is a disaster, so if you factor that presupposition into his analysis, you'll see why he thinks the Jets are a formidable challenge for the Bills.

Lol I love these people, especially Jet fans, talking about how bad and inaccurate Allen is. Darnold threw more picks in 19 (in practically 5 less games) yet Allen is inaccurate. Then the others that obviously didn't watch any Bills games say the same thing. Taking the narrative from college analysis and using the "your defense carried you in to the playoffs"

Edited by buffalo2218

5 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Lol I love these people, especially Jet fans, talking about how bad and inaccurate Allen is. Darnold threw more picks in 19 yet Allen is inaccurate. Then the others that obviously didn't watch any Bills games say the same thing. Taking the narrative from college analysis and using the "your defense carried you in to the playoffs"

Unfortunately, Twistoffate is a Bills fan. His only silver lining is that Fromm is supposedly the perfect qb for Daboll's system, so when Allen is exposed as awful qb, the season is not quite wrecked. Most of the Allen haters (er, skeptics) were pretty quiet when the NFL schedule seemed to indicate that Bills are viewed as exciting, up-and-coming team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Unfortunately, Twistoffate is a Bills fan. His only silver lining is that Fromm is supposedly the perfect qb for Daboll's system, so when Allen is exposed as awful qb, the season is not quite wrecked. Most of the Allen haters (er, skeptics) were pretty quiet when the NFL schedule seemed to indicate that Bills are viewed as exciting, up-and-coming team. 

I'm not quite sure how Fromm will do on the professional level. If he's a supposed "fit" for Daboll, that would imply the FO picked him because of that. Doesn't really mean he'll go far and it definitely doesn't mean he'll replace Allen.