Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

3 hours ago, MassHog said:

The funniest thing about this is that they are saying they are a better team. Look at the jets roster and tell me which positions the Jets have better players than the bills. Maybe only Adams. 

I think Le'Veon has the edge if the Jets have any semblance of an O-line this year. Dont get me wrong, though, I love Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I think Le'Veon has the edge if the Jets have any semblance of an O-line this year. Dont get me wrong, though, I love Singletary.

I would say that Adams and Bell are their 2 players better than our players at the same position. Although Adams is better than Hyde and Poyer, but the combination Hyde and Poyer are better than Adams and Maye duo. It is crazy, I would not take any of their other positions over ours. Also.... Allen>Darnold

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Le’veon is horrible and is only there for the paycheque. What a calamitous contract that was. He’ll be out of the league after his next one year deal.

7 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Jets had one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the game.  They have worked on it over the off-season but we will see if it is enough.

I'm a happy Jets fan because I think we have the best QB in the division and we're under new management that actually knows what it is doing.  I think things are looking promising.

So darnold manages 8 freaking points week one while being spotted 4 to’s and then a whopping 13 against our 2nd and 3rd stringers and this is the dude that claims the top of the mantle in the division? Good lord. 

... I find it hilarious that the whole jets board conveniently forgets about that week 17 game where the WHITE HOT darnold lit up the bills backups for 13 pts. What a performance.  Can we forget about mono and mosely for a second and let that soak in? 

matt freaking barkley has now blown the doors off the jets once and then played their golden boy to one score while tossing to our backups. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

11 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, but this fella is convinced Allen is a disaster, so if you factor that presupposition into his analysis, you'll see why he thinks the Jets are a formidable challenge for the Bills.

Darnold isnt too far behind...he's knocking on the bust door too.

The AFC East has the hardest schedules in the NFL this year, without quarterback performance we aren't going to win, they aren't going to win. 

In my opinion the winner of this division comes down to Buffalo or the Jets.

On paper of course we have the better coaching staff and the better roster.....but thats just paper. Nothing is proven and it's all speculation.  

Our shortcomings from last year have been addressed as well as the Jets.  I believe both teams had a really solid draft.  The only real questionable move I think the Jets made with signing Gore while already having two backs.  I would assume it's to get as much inside information about our system and personnel as possible.

No team in the AFC East is going to be capable of winning with the schedules we are facing without having offensive performance.

I feel the bills and the Jets have the most two complete rosters with the most continuity, and the team whose offense performs better, AKA which quarterback performs better, is most likely going to determine who wins the Division.

If the Jets have had a ***** draft and didn't go after and address the major holes they had, which historically in the past they haven't, this new GM they have seems pretty good, this wouldn't even be a question for me.

It's just funny to me the hypocrisy I see all the time on this board.  People say the Jets draft picks sucked and they're not proven but ours without even taking the field or somehow studs.

Last year too many or wide receivers with trash and couldn't get open and are the reason Allen couldn't produce but this year the addition of one wide receiver has somehow drastically changed the Outlook have our receiving Corps, who many believe are the best Trio or one of the best trios in the NFL. (i believe our wide receivers weren't the problem at all, and stated it many times) 

My point is right now going off of what both teams actually did last year and how both address the needs they needed to this offseason, it's going to come down to which team's offense produces more consistently and better.

At this point in my opinion it's a coin toss.

Edited by TwistofFate

9 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

The AFC East has the hardest schedules in the NFL this year, without quarterback performance we aren't going to win, they aren't going to win. 

On paper of course we have the better coaching staff and the better roster.....but thats just paper. Nothing is proven and it's all speculation.  

Our shortcomings from last year have been addressed as well as the Jets.  I believe both teams had a really solid draft.  The only real questionable move I think the Jets made with signing Gore while already having two backs.  I would assume it's to get as much inside information about our system and personnel as possible.

No team in the AFC East is going to be capable of winning with the schedules we are facing without having offensive performance.

I feel the bills and the Jets have the most two complete rosters with the most continuity, and the team whose offense performs better, AKA which quarterback performs better, is most likely going to determine who wins the Division.

If the Jets have had a ***** draft and didn't go after and address the major holes they had, which historically in the past they haven't, this new GM they have seems pretty good, this wouldn't even be a question for me.

It's just funny to me the hypocrisy I see all the time on this board.  People say the Jets draft picks sucked and they're not proven but ours without even taking the field or somehow studs.

Last year too many or wide receivers with trash and couldn't get open and are the reason Allen couldn't produce but this year the addition of one wide receiver has somehow drastically changed the Outlook have our receiving Corps, who many believe are the best Trio or one of the best trios in the NFL. (i believe our wide receivers weren't the problem at all, and stated it many times) 

My point is right now going off of what both teams actually did last year and how both address the needs they needed to this offseason, it's going to come down to which team's offense produces more consistently and better.

I haven't specifically been paying attention to comments on the Jets' draft, but my sense is that most folks on this board think the new Jets' GM has done a pretty good job. So I'm not sure where you're getting the belief that their draft is strongly ridiculed. And I think you mistake natural enthusiasm for new toys for arrogant certitude regarding our own draft. Both teams had good drafts, I think, but no one will know for sure, obviously, for a number of years. My own guess is that Moss is going to have the most immediate impact. I also think most on this board believe Darnold is fairly good; a few prefer him to Allen. So, if you believe both are bad (though apparently Allen is abysmal) in the end it's a wash, because many here think both are good. (I am one of those. I just think you are way off on Allen, though I am not ready to proclaim him a lock franchise qb.) My surmise on the wr corps is that folks think DIggs is a genuine #1 which allows Brown and Beasley to properly slot in as the #2 and #3. It becomes a geometric rather than an arithmetically incremental addition. The rookies have a chance to fill out the bottom of the depth chart and offer some red zone potential. Seems to me wr drops were a problem, so we differ again. You did not mention coaching. I think the Gase factor is real. Fella just isn't good at head coach and I surmise that is a real edge for Buffalo. In general, however, I think we have a stronger roster. I agree with those who believe we are and should be the favorite to take the division. I have been a fan for nearly fifty years. Dennis Shaw was the qb when I first remember watching with any degree of intelligence. Frankly, this current roster is easily one of the best we've had in twenty-five years. Of course, that's not saying much perhaps and if you think the qb is trash, the overall quality is severely downgraded given the importance of the position.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

The Jets really like Darnold. If he has a bad year this year I think they are going to pin the blame on Gase and hire someone to try to fix him. 

4 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Jets really like Darnold. If he has a bad year this year I think they are going to pin the blame on Gase and hire someone to try to fix him. 

I see them not picking up his fifth year option and bringing in someone to compete for a starting job in year 4.

The Bills really like Allen too, but i don't see them picking up his 5th year if he doesn't take big strides this year either. 

Its the same story forever in this division.   For whatever reason they all suck at finding franchise guys. Its been the Achilles Heel for 20+ years and allowed the Pats to run roughshod over the entire division.

Edited by TwistofFate

46 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I see them not picking up his fifth year option and bringing in someone to compete for a starting job in year 4.

The Bills really like Allen too, but i don't see them picking up his 5th year if he doesn't take big strides this year either. 

Its the same story forever in this division.   For whatever reason they all suck at finding franchise guys. Its been the Achilles Heel for 20+ years and allowed the Pats to run roughshod over the entire division.

I think it’s 80-90 percent the 5th year option is picked up on Darnold/Allen. 

1) The 5th year option only guarantees $ for injury

2) Its still good value for a starting QB

It’s likely they are going to give these guys the full 5 years to show something like Winston and Mariota before pulling the plug. 

This isn’t a Trubisky situation where they are complete busts holding back a ready-made team. Did you watch the Bears last year? Trubisky was a special kind of terrible. 

8 hours ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

I think gangreen fans also forget that in the last game the Bills basically benched the whole team.

Nobody is putting too much stock in that game.  But I'll take Sam over Josh and we now have a GM who is building a roster, unlike the last couple of guys.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Nobody is putting too much stock in that game.  But I'll take Sam over Josh and we now have a GM who is building a roster, unlike the last couple of guys.

The Bills have the better roster because they have hit on more draft picks. McCagnan and Idzik had about a 10 percent hit rate. 

12 hours ago, MassHog said:

I would say that Adams and Bell are their 2 players better than our players at the same position. Although Adams is better than Hyde and Poyer, but the combination Hyde and Poyer are better than Adams and Maye duo. It is crazy, I would not take any of their other positions over ours. Also.... Allen>Darnold

With the Jets finally building a line I think it will become apparent this year that Darnold is the better player.  We shall see.

14 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Bills have the better roster because they have hit on more draft picks. McCagnan and Idzik had about a 10 percent hit rate. 

image.png.742c14de8efedfa792c3b8ea38fa747e.png

Edited by Bruce Harper

13 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not sure you should judge all Jets fans off of that dude.

@Bruce Harper Go back home and tell Maxman that he is bum and coward for banning Mastenpark because him and Sar couldnt take me calling out them hypocrites of Jets fans over there. They both need to get out there feelings. Also tell 14 in Green that all that tough talk don’t make him right either. 

16 hours ago, FLFan said:

Yeah, but there is a general obnoxiousness and immaturity associated with most of the Jets fans posts that annoys me.  

Nah it's the condescension. The whole "oh how we sophisticated urbanites even deign to devote a thought to those inbred double-wide dwelling toothless upstate rubes." I used to think there was nothing that could change that attitude... except maybe a plague resulting from being stacked like human cordwood toward the sky, but I'm recently disabused of the notion.