Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

Why are we rehashing week 1 of 2019? By the end of the year the Bills were a better team and the Jets were a worse team, to the point that they could barely beat our backups in week 17. That disparity got even bigger in the offseason. The Jets are the last team I'm worried about this year and that's with Jamal Adams still on the team. If he ends up getting traded I would argue they have the worst roster in the league.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We were scoreless before he went out and didn’t score until 3 minutes were left in the 3rd.  He also had a pick 6.  He was the best player on the field before he left.  It was an enormous loss.  It would be like losing Tre in the Steelers game. 

The ball hit Beas, a pass he should have caught, on the forearm and bounced in the air.  Kudos to Mosely for being in position to make a tackle and instead catching the ball.  He didn't cause the turnover.  The Bills did.   He recovered a fumbled snap.  Kudos to Mosely for being in position near the line of scrimmage and getting on the ball.  He didn't cause the turnover.  The Bills did.  Allen got sacked and fumbled the ball recovered by the Jets.  Mosely didn't make the sack or recover the fumble.  He benefitted from the Bills sloppiness.  His best play was the defended pass in the end zone to Smoke.  THAT was a great play.  But the impact?  OVERBLOWN.  Receivers caught passes they should catch and Allen stopped fumbling snaps from center.  Click on the link, watch the game highlights, and tell me how many times the Bills were making plays on offense and Mosely is out there chasing.  He was involved in splash plays which makes everyone believe he was dominating the entire game.  He wasn't.  Tre was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCZk9D7pcmA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Are you literally incapable of being optimistic?  Constant negativity.

I literally said we have the most talented team in the division.  When did this place become a cult? Some of you are such soccer moms.    If you don’t say the Bills are constantly awesome, you are mean and a hater?  I would argue I’m one of the most consistent and rational posters on this board.  
I also went to 7 games last year so I am spending my money on them 

the funniest thing I used to get attacked for being too much of a homer.  I would completely have blinders on and overate our players because they were Bills.  Being rational rather than a cheerleader is a much healthier way for me to watch the Bills.  I would have been in a bad place after that playoff game years ago.  

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I literally said we have the most talented team in the division.  When did this place become a cult? Some of you are such soccer moms.    If you don’t say the Bills are constantly awesome, you are mean and a hater?  I would argue I’m one of the most consistent and rational posters on this board.  
I also went to 7 games last year so I am spending my money on them 

the funniest thing I used to get attacked for being too much of a homer.  I would completely have blinders on and overate our players because they were Bills.  Being rational rather than a cheerleader is a much healthier way for me to watch the Bills.  I would have been in a bad place after that playoff game years ago.  

Stop being mean and being a hater.  Whelp gotta go drop ma kids at soccer practice.

I would agree you are a consistent poster for sure.

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah.

The whole "the Bills weren't doing squat on offense until Mosley went down" is super overblown. In reality, the Bills moved the ball with ease that game and kept making stupid mistakes. It was actually really aggravating to watch. Not because the Jets defense was stifling our offense, but because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Besides, when a team turns the ball over to you FOUR TIMES and your defense scores as well, you shouldn't lose the ball game. The Jets have only themselves to blame for losing that game...though I guess this is where the "Darnold had mono" excuse comes in, even though he was just as bad in the last game of the season against our second and third stringers.

Bottom line.....losing clubs find a way to lose.....winning clubs find a way to win

We used to be the jets....we are not anymore

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You realize a lot of this board was trashing Jackson because of his playoff game when the Ravens were moving the ball up and down the field all game and then had freaky things happen, right?   People dismiss his 500 yards because they didn’t score? So which is it? Also, if we were winning a game 16-0 and Edmunds was the best player in the field and we found out Allen had mono, what would this board being saying if the Jets won?

and I don’t even know what we’re arguing about. I  said the Jets probably won’t have made the playoffs.  But then again, they beat the Cowboys and no one had them winning that game.  I’m going out on a limb here but losing your qb for 3 games and your star MLB for 14 games isn’t good.

and you were right on Hoyer.  I’d still take my chances with Stidham over those Jets scrubs.  More a reflection of the Jets backups than Stidham.

I didn't say a thing about Jackson in the playoff game.  And why do you care what Bills fans say about other teams?  What team are you a fan of and whose team board is this?

As for what I'd be saying if Allen went down for 3 games and Edmunds went out for 14, I'd say they probably would have lost those 3 games Josh missed anyway because of how the defense performed and that Edmunds' loss had an effect but that disappointingly the coaches failed to compensate.  What I wouldn't be doing is pointing to the season opener and saying that because my QB had mono (but played lousy in the 2nd game) and a LB who missed the last quarter of that game (not to mention the fluky turnovers) were the reasons my team was going to easily beat that team the next year, which has been the point and what Bills fans have been laughing at Jets fans over.

And you saw how Stidham played in the brief time he played last year, right?  I would take the Jets' backups, but in reality, none would have won a single game.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

I didn't say a thing about Jackson in the playoff game.  And why do you care what Bills fans say about other teams?  What team are you a fan of and whose team board is this?

As for what I'd be saying if Allen went down for 3 games and Edmunds went out for 14, I'd say they probably would have lost those 3 games Josh missed anyway because of how the defense performed and that Edmunds' loss had an effect but that disappointingly the coaches failed to compensate. .

And you saw how Stidham played in the brief time he played last year, right?  I would take the Jets' backups, but in reality, none would have won a single game.

Lol, if Allen had beaten the Jets backups, we wouldn’t even be talking about how he played “lousy,” we’d be calling him a winner who “got it done.”

Every board homers a little bit for their team. That’s expected. The Jets fans think the Jets are good and the Bills aren’t good. The Bills fans think think the Bills are good and the Jets aren’t good. That’s why they play the games. Trying to convince a Jets fan that Allen is better than Darnold or a Bills fan that Darnold is better than Allen is just dumb.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

that jets team became the first to ever lose to 2 different teams that were 0-7 or worse(MIA,CIN) with Sam darnold at the helm. Sorry mono can’t cover that one up. 

i also saw our offense spot him 4 to’s and he managed 8 pts week one. Then of course there’s his whopping 13 he put up against the backups in the finale. 

Lol, you realize it took 4th quarter heroics for us to pull out wins against both those teams, and not with all new coaches and schemes!!?? 

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Lol, you realize it took 4th quarter heroics for us to pull out wins against both those teams, and not with all new coaches and schemes!!?? 

And yetttttt the Bills won. I realize it's hard for you to enjoy success because it runs counter to your crusade, but they did win. The Jets did not 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lol, if Allen had beaten the Jets backups, we wouldn’t even be talking about how he played “lousy,” we’d be calling him a winner who “got it done.”

Every board homers a little bit for their team. That’s expected. The Jets fans think the Jets are good and the Bills aren’t good. The Bills fans think think the Bills are good and the Jets aren’t good. That’s why they play the games. Trying to convince a Jets fan that Allen is better than Darnold or a Bills fan that Darnold is better than Allen is just dumb.

If Josh had led the Bills' offense to 13 points against backups in a wholly meaningless game for the Jets, I doubt it would be anywhere near that kind. 

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

One team is the only team to attain a certain dreadful feat  Literally the only team ever to lose to 2 teams that bad. The other won against each and made the dance. Stop it. You look foolish grasping that hard. 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And yetttttt the Bills won. I realize it's hard for you to enjoy success because it runs counter to your crusade, but they did win. The Jets did not 

Exactly man. Truly pathetic right? That was one of the lamest arguments I’ve ever witnessed by a poster. One team made history with those losses and the other.... just took care of their business. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There is no crusade, its reality.   Yes we won, yes i was happy, but this make believe belief that the gap between us and the Jets is as wide as the Grand Canyon is delusional. 

Like I said, we barely pulled out wins against both teams.  A Knox power run and Tre Day pick is the difference between a W and L. 

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

How is it that 'Darnold had mono' can be used to explain his performance but Allen's receivers dropping his passes somehow can't? 

There aren’t many instances (if any) of QBs getting Mono and returning in season. 

If Darnold twisted his ankle he’d still be working out and with the team. Instead he got Mono and was literally shutdown for 4 weeks. It’s also a tricky illness in the sense that it effects everyone differently as far as return to normal/energy levels. Add that to the fact that he’s a 21 year old 2nd year player learning a new offensive system and its certainly less than ideal. 

We know he played week 1 with Mono and its reasonable to assume that impacted his play to some degree. 

Bills may not belong in that pic. Division games can pit an undefeated against a winless team and it still might end up a crapshoot because division games seem to have a life unto themselves.

13 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree, the difference between the two teams is the coaching staff..... but people thinking the Bills automatically sweep the Jets are delusional. Both will be tough games if the Bills offense continues to struggle.

The difference is more than just the coaching staff.