Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

25 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’d take Allen over Darnold Right now and I love Sam. I wanted the Jets to draft Allen back in 2018.

Interesting.  I didn't like Darnold, but I absolutely did not want Allen.  Was pleasantly surprised/wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I’d take Allen over Darnold Right now and I love Sam. I wanted the Jets to draft Allen back in 2018.

In the end I feel like both QBs will end up having good/great careers. Allen has been put in a much better situation in terms of coaching, continuity, and overall team talent. For what Danold has had to overcome he still appears to have a bright future. Allen vs Darnold is gonna end up being a great rivalry. 

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Nah it's the condescension. The whole "oh how we sophisticated urbanites even deign to devote a thought to those inbred double-wide dwelling toothless upstate rubes." I used to think there was nothing that could change that attitude... except maybe a plague resulting from being stacked like human cordwood toward the sky, but I'm recently disabused of the notion.

Dude WTF.

• Like (+1) 1

A fanbase confident before the season?  Shocking!!! On paper, we have the most talented team in the division.  But it is crazy how some of you are discounting the other teams.  Would we have made the playoffs if Allen got mono and missed 3 games and Edmunds missed 14???

i do think the Jets did a poor job building around Darnold though.  If he had our receiving core, they would be really skill.  I think those games are going to really tough but it is better to play them early.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I think it’s 80-90 percent the 5th year option is picked up on Darnold/Allen. 

1) The 5th year option only guarantees $ for injury

2) Its still good value for a starting QB

It’s likely they are going to give these guys the full 5 years to show something like Winston and Mariota before pulling the plug. 

This isn’t a Trubisky situation where they are complete busts holding back a ready-made team. Did you watch the Bears last year? Trubisky was a special kind of terrible. 

Fully guaranteed under the new CBA.

4 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

With the Jets finally building a line I think it will become apparent this year that Darnold is the better player.  We shall see.

We won't know how good Darnold is until Gase is fired and he has legit receivers. Who's his #1 receiver this year, Perriman? Mims? That receiving corps is almost as bad as the Bills in 2018 with Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones as our top 2. If Darnold cleans up his dumb interceptions and gets a real offense around him he could be a top 10 QB. Unfortunately for you I think it will be at least 2 seasons before those changes happen.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A fanbase confident before the season?  Shocking!!! On paper, we have the most talented team in the division.  But it is crazy how some of you are discounting the other teams.  Would we have made the playoffs if Allen got mono and missed 3 games and Edmunds missed 14???

i do think the Jets did a poor job building around Darnold though.  If he had our receiving core, they would be really skill.  I think those games are going to really tough but it is better to play them early.

Valid points, except I believe the Bills had better depth at key positions. Despite the bad showing against the Patriots and other mistakes made, Allen did show improvement. No reason to think he won't show even more this season

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Would the Cheaters have made the playoffs if Brady missed 3 games and Hightower missed 14?  Do you think the Jets make the playoffs if Darnold played in those 3 games and Mosley played the entire season? 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Would the Cheaters have made the playoffs if Brady missed 3 games and Hightower missed 14?  Do you think the Jets make the playoffs if Darnold played in those 3 games and Mosley played the entire season? 

Hoyer is better than the scrubs the Jets had.  I think they were down to their 3rd stringer.  But no I don’t think the Jets would have made the playoffs. But Darnold definitely played better down the stretch and so did that team.  

and the Bills game completely flipped when Mosley went out.  

I like Darnold a lot. I also like Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye and Ashtyn Davis. Denzel Mims might be really good. Beyond that? Meh.

To be successful in football, you need to be able to protect your quarterback, and you need to be able to negatively affect the other team's quarterback. I'm not convinced that the Jets' offensive line will be good. They added bodies there, sure, but not very impressive ones. Becton may be good, but the free agents? Blech. Are they expecting George Fant, for instance, to be a starting tackle? Yikes. And as far as affecting the other team's quarterback? They still have no legitimate edge rushers and an absolutely awful cornerback room.

Combine their lack of protection for their quarterback and lack of ability to affect the OTHER team's quarterback with the fact that their head coach and defensive coordinators are giant pricks and they have foolish, giant contracts being paid to a running back and a still-injured off-ball linebacker and you have the recipe for a 7-9 football team at best.

And honestly, it's all a shame, because again...I like Darnold. I think the Jets are doing him a giant disservice so far with the poor protection and lackluster weapons and never-was head coach. Oh well. 

I expect a much brighter future for the Dolphins than the Jets. In my mind, the Jets are your 4th place finishers in the AFC East this year, leading to the firing of Gase, and then the hiring of a new coach who will want to bring in all of his own guys, perpetuating the constant rebuilding cycle that we Bills fans are familiar with and wasting more years of Darnold's career.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I like Darnold a lot. I also like Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye and Ashtyn Davis. Denzel Mims might be really good. Beyond that? Meh.

To be successful in football, you need to be able to protect your quarterback, and you need to be able to negatively affect the other team's quarterback. I'm not convinced that the Jets' offensive line will be good. They added bodies there, sure, but not very impressive ones. Becton may be good, but the free agents? Blech. Are they expecting George Fant, for instance, to be a starting tackle? Yikes. And as far as affecting the other team's quarterback? They still have no legitimate edge rushers and an absolutely awful cornerback room.

Combine their lack of protection for their quarterback and lack of ability to affect the OTHER team's quarterback with the fact that their head coach and defensive coordinators are giant pricks and they have foolish, giant contracts being paid to a running back and a still-injured off-ball linebacker and you have the recipe for a 7-9 football team at best.

And honestly, it's all a shame, because again...I like Darnold. I think the Jets are doing him a giant disservice so far with the poor protection and lackluster weapons and never-was head coach. Oh well. 

This I can agree with. Don't really have anything against Darnold in terms of how he is as a person. But having that poster child for Arkham Asylum for a HC is really stunting his growth

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hoyer is better than the scrubs the Jets had.  I think they were down to their 3rd stringer.  But no I don’t think the Jets would have made the playoffs. But Darnold definitely played better down the stretch and so did that team.  

Not really.  The Bills were moving the rock well when Mosely was in the game.  The Bills were sloppy with the rock.  Mosely made plays, I'm not denying that, but I think his presence or lack of presence is overblown.  The game flipped when the Bills - as they had in the first half - sustained drives, but as they did not do in the first half, stopped giving the ball away.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Not really.  The Bills were moving the rock well when Mosely was in the game.  The Bills were sloppy with the rock.  Mosely made plays, I'm not denying that, but I think his presence or lack of presence is overblown.  The game flipped when the Bills - as they had in the first half - sustained drives, but as they did not do in the first half, stopped giving the ball away.

We were scoreless before he went out and didn’t score until 3 minutes were left in the 3rd.  He also had a pick 6.  He was the best player on the field before he left.  It was an enormous loss.  It would be like losing Tre in the Steelers game. 

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hoyer wasn't with the Cheaters last year.  And the Bills were marching up and down the field on the Jets, only being stopped by some of the flukiest turnovers I've seen.  Even still, had the Bills dropped that game, they would have won the season-ender if they played their starters.  BTWE Darnold missed 3 of the harder games (well 2 at least, against the Cheaters and Eagles while the Browns game debatable) that they likely would have lost anyway.

3 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Yeah.

The whole "the Bills weren't doing squat on offense until Mosley went down" is super overblown. In reality, the Bills moved the ball with ease that game and kept making stupid mistakes. It was actually really aggravating to watch. Not because the Jets defense was stifling our offense, but because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Besides, when a team turns the ball over to you FOUR TIMES and your defense scores as well, you shouldn't lose the ball game. The Jets have only themselves to blame for losing that game...though I guess this is where the "Darnold had mono" excuse comes in, even though he was just as bad in the last game of the season against our second and third stringers.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

that jets team became the first to ever lose to 2 different teams that were 0-7 or worse(MIA,CIN) with Sam darnold at the helm. Sorry mono can’t cover that one up. 

i also saw our offense spot him 4 to’s and he managed 8 pts week one. Then of course there’s his whopping 13 he put up against the backups in the finale. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

54 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you literally incapable of being optimistic?  Constant negativity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Are you literally incapable of being optimistic?  Constant negativity.

Funny you mention this. I just told him the other day that his need to constantly downplay last years 10 wins at every turn is honestly just weird. Literally going out of his way to make sure we all know how easy and flukey the schedule was. We all really need to understand that! 

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah.

The whole "the Bills weren't doing squat on offense until Mosley went down" is super overblown. In reality, the Bills moved the ball with ease that game and kept making stupid mistakes. It was actually really aggravating to watch. Not because the Jets defense was stifling our offense, but because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Besides, when a team turns the ball over to you FOUR TIMES and your defense scores as well, you shouldn't lose the ball game. The Jets have only themselves to blame for losing that game...though I guess this is where the "Darnold had mono" excuse comes in, even though he was just as bad in the last game of the season against our second and third stringers.

This 100%. they were moving the ball just fine. Flukey tipped passes and awkward fumbles. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Funny you mention this. I just told him the other day that his need to constantly downplay last years 10 wins at every turn is honestly just weird. Literally going out of his way to make sure we all know how easy and flukey the schedule was. We all really need to understand that! 

Right?  It's almost as if some people are angry we won games with an easy schedule...should we instead have lost them?  Would love to hear the usual offenders' comments then.  Damned if ya do, damned if ya dont!

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hoyer wasn't with the Cheaters last year.  And the Bills were marching up and down the field on the Jets, only being stopped by some of the flukiest turnovers I've seen.  Even still, had the Bills dropped that game, they would have won the season-ender if they played their starters.  BTWE Darnold missed 3 of the harder games (well 2 at least, against the Cheaters and Eagles while the Browns game debatable) that they likely would have lost anyway.

You realize a lot of this board was trashing Jackson because of his playoff game when the Ravens were moving the ball up and down the field all game and then had freaky things happen, right?   People dismiss his 500 yards because they didn’t score? So which is it? Also, if we were winning a game 16-0 and Edmunds was the best player in the field and we found out Allen had mono, what would this board being saying if the Jets won?

and I don’t even know what we’re arguing about. I  said the Jets probably won’t have made the playoffs.  But then again, they beat the Cowboys and no one had them winning that game.  I’m going out on a limb here but losing your qb for 3 games and your star MLB for 14 games isn’t good.

and you were right on Hoyer.  I’d still take my chances with Stidham over those Jets scrubs.  More a reflection of the Jets backups than Stidham.

Edited by C.Biscuit97