Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

They're right.  If Darnold and Mosley both played (a full game), Jets would have won.  

But it's a mute point, now.

They didn’t play and they lost. They also got 2 lucky random turnovers including a weird pick 6. We could have put 21 on them in the first half alone if that was Josh with his later season experience. Speculation is great.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I agree.  Love the username, too!!!!

Thanks Gugny.  I was a big Paup fan back in the day.  He was the NFL Defensive player of the year in 1995.  I believe he had at least 15 sacks.  And he had another great year in 1996.  He was just dominant rushing off the edge in our 3-4 defense.  Just loved the way he played the game.  Hurt his groin real bad in 1997 and left after that season for Jacksonville's money.  I still wear his Jersey occasionally for big games.  Had that since the start of the 96 season.  Fun to reminisce.  We all have our favorite Bills.  I was always a big Terrence McGhee fan.  I liked Willis McGhahee a lot also.  Had two of his jerseys.  One home and one away.  Had a solid career.  If only he had not had that horrible knee injury against the Buckeyes in the Nat Championship game.  He could have been one of the best RB's ever.  But that's football.  

Jet fans already have their excuse etched in stone this year, coronavirus. How they can ignore they have the worst HC in the division and still pump their chests I'll never know. Very few are reasonable, but for the most part, they acted the same as they did last year. Allen gets a ton of hate over there, but it's mostly salty hate. Nitpicking Allen's mistakes and ignoring things he did do that Darnold can't is commonplace there. The one comparison between the two that's been thrown around is the fire Allen brings whereas Darnold looks like he's wondering why he's there. Case in point, in Miami, Darnold does very little after a botched snap, what did Allen do in Dallas on 4th and 1?

Another thing the Jet fans ignored was when Singletary was in, things turned around. And no, I don't believe for a second Mosely would have made a difference. A lot of Jet fans make excuses because they're terrified of Darnold failing. Gase could very well ruin him

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

It seems far too familiar hearing them talk up their skill position players going into this year.... Definitely sounds a lot like us pre-2019/20 trying to convince ourselves that our players "might" actually be good.

I don't think Bell/Gore and Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Herndon are scaring too many DC's.    Darnold "could" step up, and Bell "could" regain his form, and with a better OL, Mims "could" be a rookie revelation while Perriman "could" have found himself late last year.....but that's a lot of "could's".

The Jets are vastly improved this off-season.  

They fortified the oline, recievers, RBs, have a stud on defense returning in Mosley, shored up their dline and secondary. 

Their GM has been impressive.  Their offense is about as scary as ours, which isnt saying much. 

Both ours teams have much to prove on offense.  If Darnold shows out Allen this year the Jets will most likely take the division and vice versa. 

32 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Thanks Gugny.  I was a big Paup fan back in the day.  He was the NFL Defensive player of the year in 1995.  I believe he had at least 15 sacks.  And he had another great year in 1996.  He was just dominant rushing off the edge in our 3-4 defense.  Just loved the way he played the game.  Hurt his groin real bad in 1997 and left after that season for Jacksonville's money.  I still wear his Jersey occasionally for big games.  Had that since the start of the 96 season.  Fun to reminisce.  We all have our favorite Bills.  I was always a big Terrence McGhee fan.  I liked Willis McGhahee a lot also.  Had two of his jerseys.  One home and one away.  Had a solid career.  If only he had not had that horrible knee injury against the Buckeyes in the Nat Championship game.  He could have been one of the best RB's ever.  But that's football.  

I loved Paup.  My son was born in 2003 and I tried like hell to have his middle name be Bryce.  Lost that battle!!  Loved McGee and McGahee, too.  McGahee got a bad rap here, but I thought he was great and was happy to see him carve out a nice career.  Had a soft spot for him coming back from that devastating knee injury, and I'm in Alex Smith's corner for the same reason.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

They fortified the oline, recievers, RBs, have a stud on defense returning in Mosley, shored up their dline and secondary. 

Their GM has been impressive.  Their offense is about as scary as ours, which isnt saying much. 

Both ours teams have much to prove on offense.  If Darnold shows out Allen this year the Jets will most likely take the division and vice versa. 

Lol.. full stop.  Nobody, except apparently you, thinks an OL with a year together, two young RBs with Diggs, Brown and Beasley is anywhere equivalent to an OL that will be playing together for their first time, two aging RBs with Mims, Crowder and Perriman. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Lol.. full stop.  Nobody, except apparently you, thinks an OL with a year together, two young RBs with Diggs, Brown and Beasley is anywhere equivalent to an OL that will be playing together for their first time, two aging RBs with Mims, Crowder and Perriman. 

I don't care how you feel about these players with your emotional attachment, I'm talking about overall offensive production.

Buffalo absolutely did not scare anyone on offense last year and right now will not scare anyone on offense going into this year. They haven't done anything extraordinary to make anyone fear them. Both offenses ranked in the bottom third of the league and both offenses have third-year quarterbacks who haven't really impressed anyone.

Every weakness the Jets had last year their new GM addressed.  I wouldn't call a 28 year old Le'Veon Bell aging as he just turned 28 in February and sat out a whole year. And yes darnold was hurt and missed multiple weeks, of course that has an effect on your offense. 

The bottom line is both teams added pieces that they needed, both teams have third-year quarterbacks, both teams have good defenses and both teams finished in the bottom third of all NFL teams on offense.

Whichever quarterback looks better for their respective team is probably going to be the team that wins the AFC East. You'd be foolish to fall asleep on the Jets or think they didn't make big moves this offseason and improve the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I don't care how you feel about these players with your emotional attachment, I'm talking about overall offensive production.

Buffalo absolutely did not scare anyone on offense last year and right now will not scare anyone on offense going into this year. They haven't done anything extraordinary to make anyone fear them. Both offenses ranked in the bottom third of the league and both offenses have third-year quarterbacks who haven't really impressed anyone.

Every weakness the Jets had last year their new GM addressed.  I wouldn't call a 28 year old Le'Veon Bell aging as he just turned 28 in February and sat out a whole year. And yes darnold was hurt and missed multiple weeks, of course that has an effect on your offense. 

The bottom line is both teams added pieces that they needed, both teams have third-year quarterbacks, both teams have good defenses and both teams finished in the bottom third of all NFL teams on offense.

Whichever quarterback looks better for their respective team is probably going to be the team that wins the AFC East. You'd be foolish to fall asleep on the Jets or think they didn't make big moves this offseason and improve the roster.

Again, any objective NFL talent evaluator would look at our offense and the Jets offense and say they are not at all comparable heading into the 2020 season.  

“Every weakness the Jets had, their GM addressed...” oh, ok, like bolstering their pass catchers?.... Let me guess, you’re going to tell me how amazing rookie Mims will be and how Perriman is an upgrade over Anderson?

Regardless, that WR unit doesn’t come close to Diggs, Brown and Beasley.  

Their OL is where ours was entering last year... which is fine... but with zero cohesion heading into the season.  

I’ll take Singletary and Moss over what’s left of Bell, Gore and the addition of Perine.  

Herndon could rival Knox if Knox doesn’t step up... I’ll give you that. 

I actually like Darnold and think the Jets could be a .500 team, but your hot take is trying way too hard. 

Edited by SCBills

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Again, any objective NFL talent evaluator would look at our offense and the Jets offense and say they are not at all comparable heading into the 2020 season.  

“Every weakness the Jets had, their GM addressed...” oh, ok, like bolstering their pass catchers?.... Let me guess, you’re going to tell me how amazing rookie Mims will be and how Perriman is an upgrade over Anderson?

Regardless, that WR unit doesn’t come close to Diggs, Brown and Beasley.  

Their OL is where ours was entering last year... which is fine... but with zero cohesion heading into the season.  

I’ll take Singletary and Moss over what’s left of Bell, Gore and the addition of Perine.  

Herndon could rival Knox if Knox doesn’t step up... I’ll give you that. 

I actually like Darnold and think the Jets could be a .500 team, but your hot take is trying way too hard. 

Hmmm, well they can't be a. 500 team, they could be a  .470 or .529

Again...what did our offense do last year that you place them so far ahead of the Jets?  

36 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Again...what did our offense do last year that you place them so far ahead of the Jets?  

Most of what our offense did last year is more on potential. Brown and Beasley both had great years as good as any year they've had before. Singletary had a good rookie year showing himself to be a great weapon on the ground for the future. Knox is the most questionable but showed plenty of promise needing to get rid of his drops but if he does he'll be a great weapon himself.

Now with the offseason moves brining in Diggs gives us not only a 3rd proven quality WR but a really good one and that helps out all the other starting WR as well. The difference with the Jets is obvious we brought in a known quality WR and the rookies are at most being asked to be the 4th WR in the group. The Jets on the other hand are hoping their rookie becomes one of their top weapons right away.

50 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Not sure about that far, but from a talent perspective, he is right about there being very little comparison between both teams this year. I think some of our struggles last year were playcalling and being too conservative with a lead. I'm hoping McDermott won't make the same mistake this year, or Daboll whichever one was responsible. Both the Jets and Bills last year had issues offensively. That being said, I think Gase will again show he's the inferior coach.

2 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

This season still has 16 regular season games so 8-8 is .500. Or do you mean when 17-game season kicks in? But even so, are you sure they can’t be .500 in this case?

They could have a tie game in a 17-game season and end up with 8-8-1, which is .500. Or maybe 3 ties, or 5 ties, ...., you get the idea. ?

Edited by syhuang

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not sure about that far, but from a talent perspective, he is right about there being very little comparison between both teams this year. I think some of our struggles last year were playcalling and being too conservative with a lead. I'm hoping McDermott won't make the same mistake this year, or Daboll whichever one was responsible. Both the Jets and Bills last year had issues offensively. That being said, I think Gase will again show he's the inferior coach.

Heading into the 2018 offseason the Bills/Jets were in a very similar spot from a talent standpoint. Since then the Bills have done a much better job.

#1 Buffalo had more draft capital and used it better than the Jets (NYJ had to trade 3 2nd round picks to move up to get Darnold). Add that to a high 3rd round puck wasted on Jachai Polite in 2019 and that’s a lot of premium draft picks flushed away. 

#2 NYJ handed out some awful contracts:

Enunwa, Josh Bellamy, and Trumaine Johnson account for over 30MM against the cap in 2020

CJ Mosely, Lev Bell, and Henry Anderson account for almost 40MM

You look at all these teams (Bills, Eagles, Rams, Cardinals, Browns, Ravens) that were able to surround their young QBs with great talent on their rookie deals. It’s unbelievable how badly the Jets messed this up. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

You do know that Mosley is still not 100% after that hamstring injury last year.

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

They're right.  If Darnold and Mosley both played (a full game), Jets would have won.  

But it's a mute point, now.

Although I think the Mosley injury was brought on by the Bills play calling. They were really overworking him and made him move around quite a bit and I think eventually his body started to break down. It was a groin injury correct? 

9 hours ago, Rico said:

Yep. ***** Kansas City, ***** the Chiefs, and ***** each and every one of those ***** who do the Tomahawk Chop.

Any organization that gives $20M/year to a serial woman beater isn’t worth respecting 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JetsFan20 said:

Heading into the 2018 offseason the Bills/Jets were in a very similar spot from a talent standpoint. Since then the Bills have done a much better job.

#1 Buffalo had more draft capital and used it better than the Jets (NYJ had to trade 3 2nd round picks to move up to get Darnold). Add that to a high 3rd round puck wasted on Jachai Polite in 2019 and that’s a lot of premium draft picks flushed away. 

#2 NYJ handed out some awful contracts:

Enunwa, Josh Bellamy, and Trumaine Johnson account for over 30MM against the cap in 2020

CJ Mosely, Lev Bell, and Henry Anderson account for almost 40MM

You look at all these teams (Bills, Eagles, Rams, Cardinals, Browns, Ravens) that were able to surround their young QBs with great talent on their rookie deals. It’s unbelievable how badly the Jets messed this up. 

Yeah, Bell's contract was an asinine decision by your former GM. From what I saw last year, he looked quite unmotivated for someone that just got a huge payday

12 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Jets are very Metsy heading into this year. You can talk yourself into thinking they can be good, but it requires a leap of faith. 

If these things happen the Jets will be good:

1) Gase becomes a good coach 

2) Darnold makes a jump and becomes a consistent QB

3) Perriman puts it all together and plays like he did the last five weeks of 2019

4) Offensive Line additions work unit is much improved

5) Denzel Mims gives the offense starter production as a rookie 

6) Lev Bell has a bounce back year

7) Chris Herndon  has a bounce back year 

? Quinnen Williams becomes a monster in the middle of the D

9) Pierre Desir has a bounce back year

10) One of the young CBs emerges 

11) CJ Mosely has a bounce back year 

12) Jabari Zuniga gives the Jets some juice off the edge 

Could a couple of these things happen? Sure, but the chances of everything coming up aces is not good. 

I have to say, your a very reasonable Jets fan. Didn’t think there were any out there.

7 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

The jets are improved but you do realize the Bills are vastly improved as well. Defensive line, receiving core, and line backers (depth and special teams) is much better than last year. 

14 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah, Bell's contract was an asinine decision by your former GM. From what I saw last year, he looked quite unmotivated for someone that just got a huge payday

He's the guy who dumps his girlfriend (Steelers) because he thinks he can do better, gets a new girl (Jest), and then realizes that he made a huge mistake and wishes he had his old girl back again.