Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

5 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

LOL:

From my recollection, we only scored on very random turnovers, and the Bills were driving the field the entire game. Once they decided to use Singletery, we were done for. They definitely seemed to out match us all game long, and it caught up to us by the end of the game. I think if this game went a couple more quarters, they would have doubled us up on points.

who posted that?

....you?

The Jets are very Metsy heading into this year. You can talk yourself into thinking they can be good, but it requires a leap of faith. 

If these things happen the Jets will be good:

1) Gase becomes a good coach 

2) Darnold makes a jump and becomes a consistent QB

3) Perriman puts it all together and plays like he did the last five weeks of 2019

4) Offensive Line additions work unit is much improved

5) Denzel Mims gives the offense starter production as a rookie 

6) Lev Bell has a bounce back year

7) Chris Herndon  has a bounce back year 

? Quinnen Williams becomes a monster in the middle of the D

9) Pierre Desir has a bounce back year

10) One of the young CBs emerges 

11) CJ Mosely has a bounce back year 

12) Jabari Zuniga gives the Jets some juice off the edge 

Could a couple of these things happen? Sure, but the chances of everything coming up aces is not good. 

Edited by JetsFan20
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

The Jets are very Metsy heading into this year. You can talk yourself into thinking they can be good, but it requires a leap of faith. 

If these things happen the Jets will be good:

1) Gase becomes a good coach 

2) Darnold makes a jump and becomes a consistent QB

3) Perriman puts it all together and plays like he did the last five weeks of 2019

4) Offensive Line additions work unit is much improved

5) Denzel Mims gives the offense starter production as a rookie 

6) Lev Bell has a bounce back year

7) Chris Herndon  has a bounce back year 

? Quinnen Williams becomes a monster in the middle of the D

9) Pierre Desir has a bounce back year

10) One of the young CBs emerges 

11) CJ Mosely has a bounce back year 

12) Jabari Zuniga gives the Jets some juice off the edge 

Could a couple of these things happen? Sure, but the chances of everything coming up aces is not good. 

You can lay out this exact same kind of argument for the Sabres every year. It's a very frustrating place to be in. Relentless homers/optimists will drive you up a wall and are technically right in their estimation of possibilities, but you know deep in your heart that the chances of everything coming to gether are miniscule. 

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

....you?

He was copying a comment from the Jet forum. Some fan apparently paid attention to the actual game as it was going on.

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

You can lay out this exact same kind of argument for the Sabres every year. It's a very frustrating place to be in. Relentless homers/optimists will drive you up a wall and are technically right in their estimation of possibilities, but you know deep in your heart that the chances of everything coming to gether are miniscule. 

He was copying a comment from the Jet forum. Some fan apparently paid attention to the actual game as it was going on.

Right and it might just be a coincidence but he did that essentially immediately after it was posted there like within a minute or two.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I mean, you’re not wrong. We had no business winning that game really. There were several games like that last year. But they say good teams find ways to win

That’s just it. In years past we always  found ways to lose a handful a games every year. “If we didn’t have that fumble, or that call, or...” 

You either do it or you don’t, no amount of would coulda changes that. 

Now we’re on the other side and people say “well, we shouldn’t have won because this or that...” 

They can’t all be blow outs, they’re not always going to be pretty. And both teams are a play or two away from the L or the W. I’m glad to be on the other side. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, saundena said:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/152094-jets-open-season-in-buffalo-per-manish/

I'm also so sick of hearing them say how they woulda won if Darnold wasn't dying of mono and how Mosley getting inured allowed Buffalo to come back in the 4th. The Jet offense did nothing that game.  They only scored because of flukey turnover.  We at least moved the ball on their defense pretty well, all game long.

I been arguing  with Jets fans since last year until they banned for life for no reason at all. Point being Jets are sooooo delusional about Darnold like he the next Brady. I like Darnold but they are really think he is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Allen. Jets fan are the worst. There will be no team that we will play in the regular season that i enjoy the Bills beating more than the Jets

Edited by Protocal69

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

wtf is it with Chiefs fans on this messageboard lmao

Yep. ***** Kansas City, ***** the Chiefs, and ***** each and every one of those ***** who do the Tomahawk Chop.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

They're right.  If Darnold and Mosley both played (a full game), Jets would have won.  

But it's a mute point, now.

I will state great teams find ways to wins against inferior talent when the better team has a down day. We found a way to win. If the team that has one offensive score is talking about the other team being lucky then forget them.

24 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I been argue with Jets fans since last year until they banned for life for no reason at all. Point being Jets are sooooo delusional about Darnold like his the next Brady. I like Darnold but they are really think he is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Allen. Jets fan are the worst. There will be no team that we will play in the regular season that i enjoy the Bills beating more than the Jets

I think there is a lot of cautious optimism not just around Darnold, but also around Joe Douglas. It remains to be seen, but for the first time in a while it looks like someone in the building actually knows what he’s doing. 

Unfortunately the previous GM did a lot of damage last offseason not only with Adam Gase hire, but also handing out some awful contracts that limited what they could do this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like the Jets draft. I think the GM knows how to find talent. 
I am not sold on Gase. If he wins then everyone will like him, but if he starts slow, there will be a mutiny.

Darnold is ok, he is never going to be much more than he is. 

Darnold is only 22 and has had to deal with a bad oline, non-existent running game, and mediocre pass catchers. Add that to the fact that he got sick with Mono last year right before season started. I think the fact that he’s kept his head above water is a positive. 

It’s certainly reasonable to think the kid can get a lot better.  Will he?  We shall see. 

Edited by JetsFan20
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Darnold is only 22 and has had to deal with a bad oline, non-existent running game, and mediocre pass catchers. Add that to the fact that he got sick with Mono last year right before season started. I think the fact that he’s kept his head above water is a positive. 

It’s certainly reasonable to think the kid can get a lot better.  Will he?  We shall see. 

Darnold is the new Jay Cutler in terms of caring about the game. 

I love how that thread lasts 5 pages and they all seem to remember how injuries cost them the first game but they all conveniently forget to mention how their RED HOT qb lit up our 2nd and 3rd strong defense for 13 pts in the finale. 

that “surging” jets team beat our freaking backups by 7..... ONE FRIGGIN SCORE.... come on man.  

35 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I love how that thread lasts 5 pages and they all seem to remember how injuries cost them the first game but they all conveniently forget to mention how their RED HOT qb lit up our 2nd and 3rd strong defense for 13 pts in the finale. 

that “surging” jets team beat our freaking backups by 7..... ONE FRIGGIN SCORE.... come on man.  

Also, the second team this century to (effectively) record a +4 turnover margin and have their defense score at least 8 points and STILL lose the game (game 1 vs Bills). And that's looked at as encouraging ?.

(Unfortunately, the first team to do that this century was a Bills team)

Edited by Ecmic82