Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

40 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets starters vs. the Bills starters were about even maybe slightly in favor of the Bills. But the Jets built a top heavy team in 2019 susceptible to injuries due to lack of depth. The Bills roster was built to be deep on both lines and have a lot of roster flexibility. The Jets sustained a few key injuries and their team fell apart. That's poor roster construction in the NFL esp when you have a QB on a rookie deal. 

Accurate.  Jets starters vs Bills starters in 2019 were probably pretty close, with us having a better OL and coaching.   

They built up their OL and depth this past year to be where we were last year, while we continued to draft well, add Diggs, bolster our DL and stay a year or two ahead of them in building a contender. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Without that hit, it would have been 3rd and 18 from the Buffalo 46.  Allen may have played the worst game I’ve seen a QB play since Peterman’s debacle.  If Josh had another quarter, he may have surpassed that.   (The link to the condensed version of the game is below).  The first quarter was absolutely the worst display of QBing I’ve ever seen, bar none.  I challenge anyone to watch it again and say otherwise.

That game wound up costing me a lot of money.  I remember it well.  He was missing receivers by yards on swing passes, deep balls, and sideline routes.  He took horrific sacks where he looked completely lost on the field.  He fumbled twice (one was waived off because of a penalty).  It was abysmal.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/game/patriots-at-bills-on-09292019?condensed=true

How did this game end up costing you a lot of money? I bet this one totally Bills side and didn't lose that much, the price was great

25 minutes ago, Billl said:

The game where he was 13-28 with 0 TDs and 3 INTs and a fumble?  Probably not.

Almost certainly.

They were on their second consecutive drive deep into Pats territory, and Allen is one of the best RZ QBs in the game.

Very good chance they punch it in instead of turning it over on downs from inside the 5.

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

Without that hit, it would have been 3rd and 18 from the Buffalo 46.  Allen may have played the worst game I’ve seen a QB play since Peterman’s debacle.  If Josh had another quarter, he may have surpassed that.   (The link to the condensed version of the game is below).  The first quarter was absolutely the worst display of QBing I’ve ever seen, bar none.  I challenge anyone to watch it again and say otherwise.

That game wound up costing me a lot of money.  I remember it well.  He was missing receivers by yards on swing passes, deep balls, and sideline routes.  He took horrific sacks where he looked completely lost on the field.  He fumbled twice (one was waived off because of a penalty).  It was abysmal.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/game/patriots-at-bills-on-09292019?condensed=true

You’re overstating, and you’re forgetting that they got inside the 5 and didn’t score right after that.

Was there a series Allen played in 2019 where they didn’t score from inside the 5?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

And if Josh Allen had not been knocked out of the first Pats game with a questionable head shot, we likely would have been 4-0 after week 4.  

I agree.  Love the username, too!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

How did this game end up costing you a lot of money? I bet this one totally Bills side and didn't lose that much, the price was great

I put a pretty sizeable bet on the Bills to win the AFCE before the season.  If they had won that game, I believe they would have played their starters in week 17, beat the Jets, and finished tied with New England.  They would have been 5-1 in the division and won the tie breaker.

Just now, Billl said:

I put a pretty sizeable bet on the Bills to win the AFCE before the season.  If they had won that game, I believe they would have played their starters in week 17, beat the Jets, and finished tied with New England.  They would have been 5-1 in the division and won the tie breaker.

lmao that's a stretch to say that game cost you 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, GoBills808 said:

lmao that's a stretch to say that game cost you 

For sure, but it’s not a stretch to say that’s why it’s burned into my memory.  Things work both ways, but you always remember the losses better.  I had a much larger bet on the Bills winning over 6.5 games, and I remember feeling like stealing the week 1 Jets game iced that one.  (It still didn’t pay as much as the division win would have, though.)

Just now, Billl said:

For sure, but it’s not a stretch to say that’s why it’s burned into my memory.  Things work both ways, but you always remember the losses better.  I had a much larger bet on the Bills winning over 6.5 games, and I remember feeling like stealing the week 1 Jets game iced that one.  (It still didn’t pay as much as the division win would have, though.)

I spread over 22 units on the moneyline that week and didn't blink iirc, I think I was getting like +275 at WORST...plus they covered so basically a wash

Just had a hard time believing a Bills fan could have lost too much on that game in particular. I remember thinking it was a lock at the time and it turned out to be exactly that. Could have been the highlight of the season wagering-wise tbh

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I spread over 22 units on the moneyline that week and didn't blink iirc, I think I was getting like +275 at WORST...plus they covered so basically a wash

Just had a hard time believing a Bills fan could have lost too much on that game in particular. I remember thinking it was a lock at the time and it turned out to be exactly that. Could have been the highlight of the season wagering-wise tbh

I’m a Chiefs fan.  I became a Bills follower because of the two bets I placed prior to the season, and I didn’t have any action on any individual Buffalo games last season.  Going into the season, I saw NE as a 10-6 team and Buffalo as an 8 or 9 win team.  When I made the bet, Buffalo was +1700, so I put $250 on them.  That number dropped to around 1200 by the time the season started IIRC.  Their win total was 6.5 and I pounded the hell out of that.  It moved to 7 and might have even touched 7.5 at one point.

New England shocked me by looking like a juggernaut to start the season, but they wound up being about who I expected by the time the season ended.  I vastly underestimated their defense and special teams’ ability to pull games out of the fire.  I’m not the first guy to get burned betting against BB, but I still feel like it was a good value at those odds.

How could they not? They got Spags!

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

When you watch sports for long enough you realize that there are infinite shoulda woulda scenarios for every team. Enjoy the wins, accept the losses and move on.

Losing is unacceptable!

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They got inside the 15 because Barkley hit on a 28 yard pass on 3rd and 8 the play after Allen got knocked out of the game.... think it’s a little much to say they win that game if Allen stays in but still like their chances better with Allen in there than Barkley obviously.

Allen was terrific all year on 3rd and longs. 

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They got inside the 15 because Barkley hit on a 28 yard pass on 3rd and 8 the play after Allen got knocked out of the game.... think it’s a little much to say they win that game if Allen stays in but still like their chances better with Allen in there than Barkley obviously.

That play was also called DPI. Nice ball by Matt but pretty fair to assume they get the 3rd down conversion there regardless.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Agreed. I don't know a ton about Darnold, but anyone questioning Allen's competitive fire needs to pay closer attention.

The last thing Darnold has ever appeared to have is competitive fire. He always appears to be either going down for or waking up from a nap. 

• Haha (+1) 3

LOL:

From my recollection, we only scored on very random turnovers, and the Bills were driving the field the entire game. Once they decided to use Singletery, we were done for. They definitely seemed to out match us all game long, and it caught up to us by the end of the game. I think if this game went a couple more quarters, they would have doubled us up on points.

who posted that?