I'm not worried.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Process said:

True

- bills were lucky to win week one last year

Also true

- Jets barely beat the bills backups in what was a meaningfulless game to buffalo

- bills have a much better roster

- bills have a much better coaching staff

- bills are clearly the better team in almost every way

I'm not worried.

FIFY.  And good point.  injuries happen so what happened to Mosley is just the breaks.  But the Bills would have beaten them in the season-ender so no net change last year.

• Like (+1) 1

It must really suck to be a jet fan......the pats are on their way down finally......the bills have made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years and are trending up....Miami seems to have gotten a clue and just drafted their qb finally

Then you have the jets.....who will probably be good for around 2 wins for everybody in the AFC East

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I expect another down for year for them and Gase to be fired after the season... but they could easily turn it around in one year with the right HC hire for the 2021 season because they have their QB in place for a long time, IMO.

The problem for them is....they dont make good decisions in that department.

They don’t seem that overconfident to me. I mean there are some dumb things being said on there (I.e. the Jets got a lot better and the Bills are treading water). If you call acquiring the best WR in the division “treading water” sure I guess. The Bills will be about a 6 point favorite and SHOULD cover imo. The shorter the offseason the more the early season favors the Bills. They are returning their whole OL, QB and coaching staff. Those are the areas that take the most time to come together. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They don’t seem that overconfident to me. I mean there are some dumb things being said on there (I.e. the Jets got a lot better and the Bills are treading water). If you call acquiring the best WR in the division “treading water” sure I guess. The Bills will be about a 6 point favorite and SHOULD cover imo. The shorter the offseason the more the early season favors the Bills. They are returning their whole OL, QB and coaching staff. Those are the areas that take the most time to come together. 

Right the most change the Bills have is on D-line and several of the guys they brought in already have familiarity with the system.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Good point. They've also signed a number of free agents already familiar with McD's system. (Well, posted at same time as Warcodered. Hence, the echo, but it's still a relevant observation.)

Edited by Dr. Who

I have some empathy for Jets fans.  We were looking for hope not so long ago as well and grasping at any activity as our ticket to the post season....glad we are past that phase for the time being.

I thought Joe Douglas did a serviceable job in the draft this year.  In addition to the core of Darnold, Bell -- they stole the strategy from Beane of signing some mid tier OL in bulk to upgrade and added Becton in the Draft.  I think Mims was a good pick as well...however I don't necessarily think they made substantial improvements.  I think the Bills are pretty significantly improved even accounting for the losses of Lawson, Phillips and Alexander on D....

For the Jets, I think Gase is their "Rex Ryan" coach....a name with experience but just not a good fit for the team and actually a deterrent to progress.  I thought Gase was going to be a good head coach when Miami got him -- I was really wrong.

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They just aren’t very good. I think Darnold is pretty good. Adams is great. Mosley is a nice player too. They have Adam Gase as their head coach and no weapons. They are another 6ish win team.

I think it all kinds of starts and ends there. They could clearly beat us in a game, it's the NFL...but as long as mr. magoo is their HC, i see no actual sustained success for them.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

If w can get the same kind of defensive performance from week one last year we win this game easily. Remember a few things:
1. The Bills QB is Josh Allen
2. Josh Allen is very bad. Contain Allen and force him to make plays out of the pocket,
3. Greg Williams is very good.
4. Our defense is very good.
5. Our QB will not be playing with mono.
6. Our offense only needs to be slightly terrible to have a chance of winning.
We start 1 and 0 and on September 14 I expect to see many we are going to the super bowl threads on this forum. I will look forward too that.

The above comes from a poster on ganggreen.com. LOL they are delusional

7. Our coach is Gase.

How come that didn't make the cut?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

7. Our coach is Gase.

How come that didn't make the cut?

Why let reality ruin a delusional post. Also no mention of how the Bills D is better. Darnold will be seeing ghosts (part 2) as well as eating New Era turf all day long.  A very early prediction.... Sabres 24 Islanders 7.

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

I mean, you’re not wrong. We had no business winning that game really. There were several games like that last year. But they say good teams find ways to win

Didn't the Jets also miss a PAT and a couple of FGs?

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Usually the team that turns it over 4 times loses. Winning that game was the fluke. 

Or Adam Gase and the Jets are just that bad.  The Bills won because thy were the better team.  No fluke.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Neither Allen or Darnold have shown that cold blooded killer instinct to put the dagger into their good friends heart when playing against each other.

Maybe that’s a Millennial/Generation Z psychological thing that just prevents either from really TKO the other.

2018 - Allen couldn’t put Darnold away up 14-3

2019 - Darnold couldn’t put Allen away up 16-0

i get that...some of my worst golf or poker is against my best friends...just don’t want to embarrass them or pulverize them.

i expect many close games between the great friends.  Based partially on their unwillingness to finish the other off.

You realize that they don't face each other on the field, right? Allen doesn't face Darnold, he faces the Jets defense. You think the fact that they are friends means he doesn't play as hard against the Jets defense?

• Like (+1) 2