Jetnation sure does not lack any confidence

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/152094-jets-open-season-in-buffalo-per-manish/

I'm also so sick of hearing them say how they woulda won if Darnold wasn't dying of mono and how Mosley getting inured allowed Buffalo to come back in the 4th. The Jet offense did nothing that game.  They only scored because of flukey turnover.  We at least moved the ball on their defense pretty well, all game long.

Edited by saundena
Spelling

6 minutes ago, saundena said:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/152094-jets-open-season-in-buffalo-per-manish/

I'm also so sick of hearing them say how they woulda won if Darnold wasn't dying of mono and how Mosley getting inured allowed Buffalo to come back in the 4th. The Jet offense did nothing that game.  They only scored because of flukey turnover.  We at least moved the ball on their defense pretty well, all game long.

Usually the team that turns it over 4 times loses. Winning that game was the fluke. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh's turnovers that game really were flukes. That batted pass INT might have been the only batted pass he threw all year. (Not literally, but close to it). Meanwhile, Darnold had like 6 of them batted down in that game, all falling harmlessly to the turf. The other INT, which Cole volleyed up to Mosely who was about 10 feet away, was also incredibly fluky. The Jets couldn't win that game despite extraordinary luck themselves, forget about a MLB missing a quarter. 

Josh turned the ball over 13 times last season. A third of his total turnover production came in one game on fluke plays versus the Jets, and they still couldn't win. They ***** suck, their coach ***** sucks, their QB is promising but timid right now and will not be able to handle our defense, just like he couldn't last season, and they still don't have an offensive line or WRs, or presence on the outsides of their defense. Their unnoteworthy fanbase's spewing of irrational garbage doesn't even deserve our glance 

I mean really. outside of that game, Josh had 9 turnovers in 15 games. Sam had 16 in 12. This shows that it was luck, and reversion took place as the course of the season played out, and ours went in a positive direction while theirs tanked. the Jests were the lucky ones that Sunday, and still couldn't manage to pull out the game, at home. They seriously ***** suck and are pathetic 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It seems far too familiar hearing them talk up their skill position players going into this year.... Definitely sounds a lot like us pre-2019/20 trying to convince ourselves that our players "might" actually be good.

I don't think Bell/Gore and Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Herndon are scaring too many DC's.    Darnold "could" step up, and Bell "could" regain his form, and with a better OL, Mims "could" be a rookie revelation while Perriman "could" have found himself late last year.....but that's a lot of "could's".

32 minutes ago, saundena said:

They're right.  If Darnold and Mosley both played (a full game), Jets would have won.  

But it's a mute point, now.

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Usually the team that turns it over 4 times loses. Winning that game was the fluke. 

Or a demonstration of what a complete flaming pile of poo that Jets team was.... 

Also, the best part of that thread is the Manish hatred. 

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Bills were -3 in turnovers that game, but if I remember correctly the Jets “fumbled” on a wide receiver lateral on the last play of the game deep in their own half of the field, so practically Buffalo played a -4 turnover game.

There were 12 games last year with a turnover differential of 4 or more, and the team in the negative lost all 12 of those games. Average margin of victory was over 19 points.

it funny Jets fans try to find the silver lining in that game, when the fact is they were unable to do what literally every other team (even Jacksonville!) that was spotted four turnovers was able to do: handily beat their opponent.

(and the Jets defense scored 8 points! Has a team ever lost with a +4 turnover margin and 8 defensive points scored???)

Edited by Ecmic82
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I mean, you’re not wrong. We had no business winning that game really. There were several games like that last year. But they say good teams find ways to win

• Like (+1) 7

38 minutes ago, saundena said:

I mean buffalo had 4 decent drives in the first half.  2 fluky INTs, a bobbled snap, a classic allen fumble (he needs work on those), even an unsportsmanlike conduct to knock them out of FG range.  Not moving the ball?  They had almost 200 yards at half.  

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, saundena said:

The best part about that stupid mono argument they have is that Josh was not the same player that game as he was after the week 4 Pats loss either.  Josh went on to account for 21 more TDs and just 3 turnovers from week 5 on, second only to Lamar too in TD's.  

Not to mention, they are grossly over exaggerating the condition of Darnold week 1.  

F the Jets...cant wait to curb stomp them and watch our deep DL dominate that poor OL and put Darnold on his back in between the plays our secondary is feasting on him seeing ghosts and picking off his passes.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6

If w can get the same kind of defensive performance from week one last year we win this game easily. Remember a few things:
1. The Bills QB is Josh Allen
2. Josh Allen is very bad. Contain Allen and force him to make plays out of the pocket,
3. Greg Williams is very good.
4. Our defense is very good.
5. Our QB will not be playing with mono.
6. Our offense only needs to be slightly terrible to have a chance of winning.
We start 1 and 0 and on September 14 I expect to see many we are going to the super bowl threads on this forum. I will look forward too that.

The above comes from a poster on ganggreen.com. LOL they are delusional

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You are wrong, two teams played under the same circumstances, and one failed to perform well enough during all four quarters, so the other team won, it just showed how bad the jets team was, that and injures are not an excuse, next man up.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They're right.  If Darnold and Mosley both played (a full game), Jets would have won.  

But it's a mute point, now.

That's kind of hard to say the Bills were moving the ball throughout the game with some flukey turnovers biting them in the 1st half. Hard to say how well Darnold would of done since he never played the Bills 1st team defense without Mono I guess but his performance against the backups wasn't exactly inspiring.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are wrong, two teams played under the same circumstances, and one failed to perform well enough during all four quarters, so the other team won, it just showed how bad the jets team was, that and injures are not an excuse, next man up.  

You are ignoring 50 years of football history with this take. The Bills stole that victory, which was awesome. But the Jets fans are right, they should have won that game.

Also, injuries aren’t an excuse, unless Josh gets hurt in the 4th Q in a close game against the Pats, then it’s “we would have won if Josh didn’t get cheapshotted!!!!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

They have a point on Mosley, though. He was flying all over the field making plays for them. I think it did play a factor in the Bills coming back.

• Like (+1) 4

Neither Allen or Darnold have shown that cold blooded killer instinct to put the dagger into their good friends heart when playing against each other.

Maybe that’s a Millennial/Generation Z psychological thing that just prevents either from really TKO the other.

2018 - Allen couldn’t put Darnold away up 14-3

2019 - Darnold couldn’t put Allen away up 16-0

i get that...some of my worst golf or poker is against my best friends...just don’t want to embarrass them or pulverize them.

i expect many close games between the great friends.  Based partially on their unwillingness to finish the other off.

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You are ignoring 50 years of football history with this take. The Bills stole that victory, which was awesome. But the Jets fans are right, they should have won that game.

Also, injuries aren’t an excuse, unless Josh gets hurt in the 4th Q in a close game against the Pats, then it’s “we would have won if Josh didn’t get cheapshotted!!!!”

just busting your chops, dude ?, I’ll work on my sarcasm more,   but is still showed how poor a team the jets were to lose that game, so we ended up the better team that day,  and I agree on the pats game, it was an intensional head shot. And imo injures are sometimes a valid excuse, just not always the full reason for a loss,  just razing those that love to say “injuries are not an excuse” 

A sixteen point lead erased, we’ve been on the other side too... for much the same reasons, as you know. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1