Alex Smith- Happy 36th Birthda- doing drills and Throwing

I cannot believe this guy recovery. His wife posted this video on his birthday to show how far he has come. Pretty remarkable he is able to move that way given the extent of his injury. 

Mods- Thought this might be worth its own conversation. Feel free to merge with either two Alex Smith threads from this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I cannot believe this guy recovery. His wife posted this video on his birthday to show how far he has come. Pretty remarkable he is able to move that way given the extent of his injury. 

Mods- Thought this might be worth its own conversation. Feel free to merge with either two Alex Smith threads from this weekend. 

Wow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Yeah, I watched that E60 episode about him. It was gross.  His leg looked like a half eaten turkey leg.  He came close to losing his life as well as his leg.

Exactly, it would be foolish to attempt a return. He's made 173M over his career. He was lucky he didn't die from that infection or have the leg amputated. That was a war injury. Any front office or broadcast booth would hire in a heartbeat. Be smart here Alex. You're too good a guy to reinjure it and never walk again.....

• Like (+1) 1

Kudos to Alex, talk about a determined SOB, good on him? 
I will admit I kinda cringed a little watching him..

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Kudos to Alex, talk about a determined SOB, good on him? 
I will admit I kinda cringed a little watching him..

Where I cringed was the last few seconds of the clip. Alex taking off to run with it was enough to say "hell no" if I was a GM. I thought a heard a "SNAP".

18 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

I dont see any NFL team wanting him. He was average and could only do a few things and some of the best coaches even had to dump him b/c his ceiling was hit.

He took the 49ers to the Superbowl and had a bunch of good years in KC. Without the injury he'd be starting somewhere or at least one of the most coveted backups in the league.

• Like (+1) 1