NFL schedule tonight - expect all NFCW to start the year

Mods, I didn’t see in a search, but the Syracuse article this morning citing John Clayton to expect all inter conference games for the first month.  I’ve   Been hearing this on the radio for awhile and it makes sense so if the season is postponed or some games canceled would be the inter conference games.

I would go farther and even sense they could place the AFCW in October and stack the AFCE games last to preserve the ability to evaluate each division with greater accuracy.  It’s all speculation, and don’t think Clayton knows something other than a logical conclusion.  Feel free to chime in on the topic since we’ll find out tonight at 8 pm EST.

Does make some sense. I would also guess that they will look to do 2 home and 2 away consecutively, to reduce travelling for the teams. For those first 4 games.

Edited by Buddo
Added last sentence for clarification.

39 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Does make some sense. I would also guess that they will look to do 2 home and 2 away consecutively, to reduce travelling for the teams. For those first 4 games.

This makes sense and for the Bills sake I hope so. Could you imagine open at home week 1, fly out west week 2, then home again week 3, go out west again week 4. They should do the same for AFCE vs AFCW games as well.

Sounds good to me. We started with two on the road last season, so maybe we'll get SEA and Rams at home for week 1/2 (with limited fans). Then two away at Arizona and SF for week 3/4. By the time we return home for week 5, maybe it will be safe for full attendance again. #optimism.      

I was thinking a few days back....?

I would prefer that we get rid of the second AFC East games.  
   I realize it would mean playing harder games against NFCW. This is a double edged sword. I’m old enough to remember a certain SB team that consistently played in an abysmal AFCE( excepting ‘Fins from time to time) and kept getting its arse handed to it in the big game. I’m a firm believer in battle testing.
    Last year was our “ Cake year”. I want this team to beat good teams consistently. Why? Because I’m sick of hearing blunt about us from national guys consistently. I’m in Clt listening to non Bills sports radio and our roster is getting props but JA isn’t. I realize it’s on him but I believe he’s ready. 
     The other edge of the sword is the better record but I’m all I on this team and believe they can do it. We still win the East because all AFCE teams will run the same gauntlet. 
     Another consideration is the fact that how the West looks now might not be how they look when we play them. San Fran with a SB hangover is a real possibility early in the season. Especially if they beat the Fins and and Jets before us and have too high an opinion of themselves. 
IMHO

Chef, that’s exactly what’s being purported by several outlets, not just Clayton.  NFLR just put out from a tie breaker perspective should start with in conference games not opposing division, meaning for us the Titans and Steelers, then the NFCW, then AFCW, then all AFCE at the end.  Papa’s reasoning is common opponents is one of the tie breakers so the games that matter the least are the Titans and Steelers.

I can see that logic.

1 hour ago, chef4131 said:

I believe the NFL is preparing in case the beginning of the season gets postponed, this way the early games are non-conference 

That’s exactly what’s going on.  People can’t seem to get their heads around it.  It’s a conspiracy to screw the Bills

It sounds like it will be NFC West and then Steelers/Titans.

I’d imagine that the AFC West follows right after and then the AFC East will be the last 6 games. 

If that’s the case get through the first 6 at 3-3. Go 3-1 vs. the AFC West (this will be tough) and 5-1 in the division. That leaves you a game (or maybe even 2) that you can drop and still win the division. 10 wins should win the division this year and maybe even 9.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Can someone explain to me why starting with the NFC games in case the season is postponed makes any sense?

Is it just in case (for example) they can't play until November, so they need to cut 4 games at that point? Because to me planning for an October start makes the most sense. 

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Can someone explain to me why starting with the NFC games in case the season is postponed makes any sense?

Is it just in case (for example) they can't play until November, so they need to cut 4 games at that point? Because to me planning for an October start makes the most sense. 

Correct.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If that’s the case get through the first 6 at 3-3. Go 3-1 vs. the AFC West (this will be tough) and 5-1 in the division. That leaves you a game (or maybe even 2) that you can drop and still win the division. 10 wins should win the division this year and maybe even 9.

I have us losing to the Niners and Titans, but I think we handle the Cards, Rams and Steelers easily... and we’ll upset the Seachickens.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Correct.

I have us losing to the Niners and Titans, but I think we handle the Cards, Rams and Steelers easily... and we’ll upset the Seachickens.

I wouldn't call a win over Seattle especially at home an upset. Wilson is a great QB but the team overall isn't what they used to be. Besides the Bills are ready to put on their big boy pants and start smacking around the tougher competition.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't call a win over Seattle especially at home an upset. Wilson is a great QB but the team overall isn't what they used to be. Besides the Bills are ready to put on their big boy pants and start smacking around the tougher competition.

True, I think we’ll be listed as the underdogs though (by 2 or 3 points)

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Non conference games are least important to tie breakers. Therefore if two teams tie at 7-6 make sure you can compare as similar as possible schedules