Italian Sausage

Irv

What's your preference - sausage patties or links?  I prefer patties with grilled onions and peppers.  Not very original.  Any advice on how to serve them?  

Edited by Irv

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

From the guy who has a tub of pig intestines in his fridge.....links 100%

Pigs must fear you! 

I’m a little nervous myself.......

• Haha (+1) 2

Links or crumbled.  Rarely a patty.  

Links are often cooked in a pot with peppers and onions.  

We get the bulk stuff that’s typically used for patties, and pre-cook it in a frying pan.  Then we crumble it up and use it in sausage roll, or mix it into spaghetti sauce.  

now I’m hungry. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Irv said:

What's your preference - sausage patties or links?  I prefer patties with grilled onions and peppers.  Not very original.  Any advice on how to serve them?  

Links with traditional onions and peppers either pan fried or the wife sometimes tosses them in the oven. Also works good as an alternative to meatballs with pasta and sauce.  I'll do the patties on the grill instead of a burger from time to time too. 

Links are my preference. And as Chef has already mentioned, they should be in intestines, not collagen casings.

But a good patty can be fine on a grill if all you have are round rolls.

Since I no longer have my sausage making equipment, I will sometimes just make sausage patties out of pork I have ground at the store.

One more thing. Slices from a link should NOT be put on a pizza. Ground, or crumbled sausage is the way to go.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Spicy Gianelli grilled up with some Weber’s mustard.  You don’t even really need bread.  I serve this or grilled kielbasa in this manner at my sexy pool parties.  Always a hit.

One of Johnny's party's... I had to do a little fact checking:

5e69f0a9b068a-1-5e68d91507945__700.jpg

Claim:

"Sixteen girls were impregnated after a boy ***** in a swimming pool."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/girls-impregnated-swimming-in-pool/

Unfortunately, that's NOT true.  Bummer.

Enjoy your Italian sausages!

• Haha (+1) 2