2020 Bills vs. 1999 Bills

2020 Bills vs. 1999 Bills  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is better?

On 5/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, Raleigh • √eff said:

99 D was better

No. 99 Passrush was better but the 20 secondary is better. Overall the 20 defense is better because it is deeper at most positions. The 20 offense is definitely better on paper but needs to prove it. 

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

No. 99 Passrush was better but the 20 secondary is better. Overall the 20 defense is better because it is deeper at most positions. The 20 offense is definitely better on paper but needs to prove it. 

I'm not sure. Bills had #1 passing D in the league in 99 with 167 /ypg. I get it the passing game was different back then but 2nd closest was 179 / ypg. Winfield, Schulz, Henry Jones were some bad dudes. Thomas Smith was not quite Tre White level, but he was definitely a lockdown guy. I love the this 20 defense, but that 99 D line. Bruce, Hansen, Marcellus Wiley with Ted Washington and Pat Williams on the inside. Sam Cowart imo was the best ILB that year, better than Ray Lewis. That 99 defense just played a very physical brand of defense. This 2020 defense has a lot of potential, but that 99 D was something special.

Edited by Raleigh • √eff