Why Chiefs Bills Primetime Is A Pipe Dream AND I WAS EXTREMELY WRONG THANK GOD

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I called Steelers SNF and Pats MNF (admittedly I thought we would be the home team). I thought for sure our Thursday game would be Dolphins or Jets.

Yea I got the nights a bit muddled but had the right teams in the mix. And I did say definitely 3 maybe 4. Good team, ascending QB, attractive looking schedule. 

On 5/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, corta765 said:

This year the Bills Chiefs game is this years version of the game that has to be at night because bills fans really want it to be. I don’t disagree with the fact the Bills Chiefs would be a great matchup and at night be a really special thing as a fan.

Unfortunately I will be very surprised if that happens at this point for three reasons.

1. The Chiefs being Super Bowl champions means every opponent the Chiefs play on the road see this is as their marquee game for the year. The Super Bowl champion always is a lucrative team for opponents hosting them and the Chiefs have a very appealing team nationally. A down team like Miami hosts KC and this would be an opportune matchup especially with Tua. Buffalo will be in fierce competition to land the game which brings me to point two...

2. KC is on the road against the Ravens, Saints, and Buccaneers. TV crews will absolutely prioritize those games ahead of Buffalo and in division Denver has a rising team while the Raiders are opening a new stadium and what a way to do it. Buffalo isn’t just competing against 7 other teams for KC at night there facing two of the NFLs bluebloods in terms of TV attention (BAL & NOLA) and a TB team with Brady which is now the most sought after team for TV after KC.

3. Sal C from WGR had Mike North from the NFL who handles the schedule who was really

interesting in regards to how the schedule is made. One of the important things he noted is that while everyone wants a home game against their top opponent at night they have to balance that teams needs and what’s fair to them. Figure KC is getting 2-3 homes games and if they go to NOLA and TB at night, is it really fair to KC to force them at night for a 5th or 6th night game that’s on the road? The Patriots did play three on the road but one was in division vs the Jets, another was a quick flight to Baltimore with only the HOU game being a longer road trip.

Overall I just dont see it at this point. I’d love it and. Buffalo certainly has a good case with the playoffs two of the last three years, a great defense, and some rising young players. But after looking into this deeper a 4:25 spot would be nice at this point.

Guess you are very surprised.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Billl said:

Is the Thursday night game considered prime time?  I guess it technically is, but gross.

Bill, a “gross”  is a unit of one hundred and forty four of something,  such as, 144  pizzas would be considered a gross of pizzas ?, thought you would like to know, ? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2020 at 12:32 PM, corta765 said:

This year the Bills Chiefs game is this years version of the game that has to be at night because bills fans really want it to be. I don’t disagree with the fact the Bills Chiefs would be a great matchup and at night be a really special thing as a fan.

Unfortunately I will be very surprised if that happens at this point for three reasons.

1. The Chiefs being Super Bowl champions means every opponent the Chiefs play on the road see this is as their marquee game for the year. The Super Bowl champion always is a lucrative team for opponents hosting them and the Chiefs have a very appealing team nationally. A down team like Miami hosts KC and this would be an opportune matchup especially with Tua. Buffalo will be in fierce competition to land the game which brings me to point two...

2. KC is on the road against the Ravens, Saints, and Buccaneers. TV crews will absolutely prioritize those games ahead of Buffalo and in division Denver has a rising team while the Raiders are opening a new stadium and what a way to do it. Buffalo isn’t just competing against 7 other teams for KC at night there facing two of the NFLs bluebloods in terms of TV attention (BAL & NOLA) and a TB team with Brady which is now the most sought after team for TV after KC.

3. Sal C from WGR had Mike North from the NFL who handles the schedule who was really

interesting in regards to how the schedule is made. One of the important things he noted is that while everyone wants a home game against their top opponent at night they have to balance that teams needs and what’s fair to them. Figure KC is getting 2-3 homes games and if they go to NOLA and TB at night, is it really fair to KC to force them at night for a 5th or 6th night game that’s on the road? The Patriots did play three on the road but one was in division vs the Jets, another was a quick flight to Baltimore with only the HOU game being a longer road trip.

Overall I just dont see it at this point. I’d love it and. Buffalo certainly has a good case with the playoffs two of the last three years, a great defense, and some rising young players. But after looking into this deeper a 4:25 spot would be nice at this point.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK6uFcurVFXK1bcbhFE96

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, corta765 said:

Unfortunately I will be very surprised if that happens at this point .

giphy.gif 

• Like (+1) 1

Welp I got this one wrong badly lol credit to everyone who argued otherwise... corta765 out ?

On 5/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, billsfan_34 said:

Eat up that crow

I’ll be attending the game ?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Welp I got this one wrong badly lol credit to everyone who argued otherwise... corta765 out ?

Be sure to bring a big sign saying Pipe Dream so we'll recognize you if the camera pans your way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Good job coming back and admitting it. So lame when people don't.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

cheers to you mate you wouldn’t believe how many come around here and make a prediction, lose, and never come back. ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1