Why Chiefs Bills Primetime Is A Pipe Dream AND I WAS EXTREMELY WRONG THANK GOD

5 hours ago, teef said:

I’d rather have sex with them, but we all have our thing. 

Sadly (for YOU), I’m pretty sure they would rather bake cookies. Take what you can get!   

• Haha (+1) 1

I attend a Chiefs/Bills night game quite a few years ago, guessing 80's.  My sole memory of the game is a fan crawling out on the net support guide wire at the entrance end of the field.  I  was mad because I didn't come to the game to see some drunk fall to his death.  The guy made it all the way out to the net, turned around, and came back.  He came down on top of one of the boxes roof, and was promptly arrested.  Don't even remember who won........

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What is your problem with Pinto Ron?

No problem with PR. I googled and he seems like a kind of Bills fan who can be everyone's friend. He even has a wikipedia page.

It's just that the condiment dousing... blech.

Shots out of the bowling bowl is cool though.

5 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I attend a Chiefs/Bills night game quite a few years ago, guessing 80's.  My sole memory of the game is a fan crawling out on the net support guide wire at the entrance end of the field.  I  was mad because I didn't come to the game to see some drunk fall to his death.  The guy made it all the way out to the net, turned around, and came back.  He came down on top of one of the boxes roof, and was promptly arrested.  Don't even remember who won........

My dad was there too. He has told me that story a few times!  

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If there are no fans at game (or 1/6) does it matter when it is played?  Empty stadiums are as boring during night as day.

Exactly, I don’t care about how many prime time games are on the schedule whatsoever. Every game could be a 1pm start, and I’d be thrilled if fans are filling the stadium at 1pm every Sunday. 

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

on defense i'm still not sure on the browns. on offense they could be explosive. i agree on coaching last year i had never heard of kitchens before but even stefanski has been a career vikings guy and joe woods seems like just a guy.  i still dont know about their coaching.  

The Browns should be great on offense when looking at it on paper, but I think the Browns will be trash as usual. The coaching is an upgrade over Kitchens, but nothing to write home about. This team still has no leadership. Mayfield isn’t a leader, Beckham and Landry are a train wreck of drama. It’s still a terrible locker room, and a losing formula. I said the same thing last season, and I’m sticking with it this year.  So many people told me I was full of it, and they were too talented to fail. 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Give me every Bills game at 1pm on Sunday and I’m a happy man

I almost feel like the 1pm lovers would be happy if the drought was still going on so they can continually watch them at 1:00 every Sunday instead of being a good team and relevant and having primetime games. The drought really spoiled the 1pm loving crowd. Wow

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, corta765 said:

This year the Bills Chiefs game is this years version of the game that has to be at night because bills fans really want it to be. I don’t disagree with the fact the Bills Chiefs would be a great matchup and at night be a really special thing as a fan.

Unfortunately I will be very surprised if that happens at this point for three reasons.

1. The Chiefs being Super Bowl champions means every opponent the Chiefs play on the road see this is as their marquee game for the year. The Super Bowl champion always is a lucrative team for opponents hosting them and the Chiefs have a very appealing team nationally. A down team like Miami hosts KC and this would be an opportune matchup especially with Tua. Buffalo will be in fierce competition to land the game which brings me to point two...

2. KC is on the road against the Ravens, Saints, and Buccaneers. TV crews will absolutely prioritize those games ahead of Buffalo and in division Denver has a rising team while the Raiders are opening a new stadium and what a way to do it. Buffalo isn’t just competing against 7 other teams for KC at night there facing two of the NFLs bluebloods in terms of TV attention (BAL & NOLA) and a TB team with Brady which is now the most sought after team for TV after KC.

3. Sal C from WGR had Mike North from the NFL who handles the schedule who was really

interesting in regards to how the schedule is made. One of the important things he noted is that while everyone wants a home game against their top opponent at night they have to balance that teams needs and what’s fair to them. Figure KC is getting 2-3 homes games and if they go to NOLA and TB at night, is it really fair to KC to force them at night for a 5th or 6th night game that’s on the road? The Patriots did play three on the road but one was in division vs the Jets, another was a quick flight to Baltimore with only the HOU game being a longer road trip.

Overall I just dont see it at this point. I’d love it and. Buffalo certainly has a good case with the playoffs two of the last three years, a great defense, and some rising young players. But after looking into this deeper a 4:25 spot would be nice at this point.

Winning the the super bowl means 5 national TV games and a bunch of 425 games

Road  buffal, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tampa bay

home New England, Pittsburgh, Houston, Atlanta 

these are games that that will make up 4 of them

a division game will make it 5 

2 of KC divisional games in 425 slot.

Fox will want yo see a KC and Atlanta looks to better than Carolina but still questions.

i could see a trade happening where KC at TB/NO being a FOX 425 game and other on NBC

PIT, BAL, and buffalo games..one at 425, one on nbc, one on ESPN.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I almost feel like the 1pm lovers would be happy if the drought was still going on so they can continually watch them at 1:00 every Sunday instead of being a good team and relevant and having primetime games. The drought really spoiled the 1pm loving crowd. Wow

agreed. My buddy is a Dallas fan and 1pm games are a treat because Of the national exposure. I think one of the worst parts of the drought is it fostered a segment of fans who its all tailgating and partying at 1pm every week. Team success eh they just care about their party and it shows when stadium talk pops up.

honestly you could play the bills on the moon at 3 am and I’d watch. I just want them to win. If you get good you get exposure and that means non 1 pm games. For me there fun I get if you don’t care for them but the active outrage is insane 

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

The Browns should be great on offense when looking at it on paper, but I think the Browns will be trash as usual. The coaching is an upgrade over Kitchens, but nothing to write home about. This team still has no leadership. Mayfield isn’t a leader, Beckham and Landry are a train wreck of drama. It’s still a terrible locker room, and a losing formula. I said the same thing last season, and I’m sticking with it this year.  So many people told me I was full of it, and they were too talented to fail. 

a giant stuffed teddy bear would be an upgrade over Freddie Kitchens-Sink.

If the schedule structure is true, out of Miami, Buffalo, NE, or NYJ who do the cheifs play in primetime?  They are not going 4 weeks in a row out of a primetime game.  Buffalo is the best game.  Ne with Stidham and no weapons is not as compelling.

23 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Who wouldn't want 2 young up and coming gunslingers. They'll find a place for it on primetime. 

Um.....ONE up and coming gunslinger.  The other guy has kind of already arrived, you know, having won a leauge MVP and Super Bowl MVP.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1