Why Chiefs Bills Primetime Is A Pipe Dream AND I WAS EXTREMELY WRONG THANK GOD

7 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

maybe im the only one, but I like sunday at 1.

Just because people want 1 or 2 night games, doesnt mean they dont like 1pm games. I think everybody likes 1pm games. They also like something different once in a while.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The problem with the OP is it only looks at things from the KC perspective. I think the networks are going to want to get the Bills on tv this year. I think we get 2 or 3 games. They are going to be looking for the most enticing match ups.

Chiefs @ Bills - SNF

Bills @ 49ers - TNF

Seahawks @ Bills OR Bills @ Jets - MNF

They are my predictions.

The OP makes good points, but I understand you’re side on KC.  The Pats is my guess as a lock for a night game as everyone wants to see the Bills or any other AFCE team unseats the Cheats.

6 hours ago, elijah said:

@corta765 If I recall, you had very good and in depth schedule predictions last year. Do you have them anywhere this year?

The COVID crisis kinda killed my ability to predict. I did a post back in March but I’ve been working from home and truthfully haven’t been on the way I like. I appreciate the kind remarks.

this was my latest mock schedule 

777C2404-CDC2-4B9E-94C6-A0CE4C2AE067.jpeg

17 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Just because people want 1 or 2 night games, doesnt mean they dont like 1pm games. I think everybody likes 1pm games. They also like something different once in a while.

Great point. People forget 1pm games are preferred by teams because it keeps a routine and are the best to prepare for. Coaches don’t want a ton of night games despite how fun they are because it throws off the plans for the week.

43 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

My pipe dream is Shakira and Jennifer Aniston coming over to help me bake cookies.

Good luck with yours though.

I’d prefer if they danced in front of me like the halftime show

The OP has good points! While I would personally love a prime time night game with KC it won’t bug me if it’s at 1:00! Having the next day off is not an option in my case. So getting home a lot earlier from the game sounds good too.

Either way that game is a must see!!!

with how bad some of the monday night games have been you have to think they will be going for more surefire ratings numbers. bills being one them based on the cowboys thanksgiving day numbers. jets, and browns got two mnf games last year and i would doubt they get any this year.  But who knows. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

with how bad some of the monday night games have been you have to think they will be going for more surefire ratings numbers. bills being one them based on the cowboys thanksgiving day numbers. jets, and browns got two mnf games last year and i would doubt they get any this year.  But who knows. 

I think the Browns will. They have players with name recognition. Baker and OBJ are stories. I actually think the Browns will be good this year too, whereas I was always sceptical last year because I never liked the coaching hire.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Browns will. They have players with name recognition. Baker and OBJ are stories. I actually think the Browns will be good this year too, whereas I was always sceptical last year because I never liked the coaching hire.

on defense i'm still not sure on the browns. on offense they could be explosive. i agree on coaching last year i had never heard of kitchens before but even stefanski has been a career vikings guy and joe woods seems like just a guy.  i still dont know about their coaching.  

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

on defense i'm still not sure on the browns. on offense they could be explosive. i agree on coaching last year i had never heard of kitchens before but even stefanski has been a career vikings guy and joe woods seems like just a guy.  i still dont know about their coaching.  

With trash coaching, a tough schedule and their best player suspended the final 6 weeks they went 6-10 and beat Baltimore and Buffalo. I'm not arguing Stefanski is the second coming, but playing the NFC East rather than the NFC West is worth a win or two before they start so he only has to be semi-capable to have them in the 8 to 10 win conversation. I think the Browns are a genuine playoff contender in 2020 in a way I was never convinced on in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With trash coaching, a tough schedule and their best player suspended the final 6 weeks they went 6-10 and beat Baltimore and Buffalo. I'm not arguing Stefanski is the second coming, but playing the NFC East rather than the NFC West is worth a win or two before they start so he only has to be semi-capable to have them in the 8 to 10 win conversation. I think the Browns are a genuine playoff contender in 2020 in a way I was never convinced on in 2019.

agreed. The Browns and Jets did what they should’ve done in 2018 like buffalo which is build a solid line to give your young QB time. They went for splash Buffalo went for substance and the results showed. This year I do think Cleveland wins 9-10 and is playoff caliber 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

i think the browns did great adding those two tackles. still unsure about the defense. the secondary has a ton of talent but thos lbs...ehh.  the d line is another year older but def some talent there.  I gues i see an umprovement but as far as a wild card they will be in the mix but still have the colts, titans, steelers, as far as wc favorites(one of those afc south teams getting a wc) and browns could be the next team in. there are 3 wcs next year right?

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i think the browns did great adding those two tackles. still unsure about the defense. the secondary has a ton of talent but thos lbs...ehh.  the d line is another year older but def some talent there.  I gues i see an umprovement but as far as a wild card they will be in the mix but still have the colts, titans, steelers, as far as wc favorites(one of those afc south teams getting a wc) and browns could be the next team in. there are 3 wcs next year right?

The Browns will win more games than the Colts. Book it.

Yea, 3 wildcards.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Browns will win more games than the Colts. Book it.

Yea, 3 wildcards.

i dont know that colts team looks good to me. rivers behind that line with jonathan taylor.  secondary is certainly suspect though but front seven is legit. for now i'd give them the edge

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i dont know that colts team looks good to me. rivers behind that line with jonathan taylor.  secondary is certainly suspect though but front seven is legit. for now i'd give them the edge

I don't think Rivers can still play. He looked done to me last year. I have been a big Rivers fan but I think he is finished. I love the Taylor pick and I like Pittman too but the Colts to me are that well built, well structured, solid on both lines and well coached football team that just lacks real difference makers. Maybe Taylor can be that. I just think they lose games that an elite talent or two would win them. Not dissimilar to the Bills in some ways.... but I see more potential breakout difference makers on our roster than on theirs.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Rivers can still play. He looked done to me last year. I have been a big Rivers fan but I think he is finished. I love the Taylor pick and I like Pittman too but the Colts to me are that well built, well structured, solid on both lines and well coached football team that just lacks real difference makers. Maybe Taylor can be that. I just think they lose games that an elite talent or two would win them. Not dissimilar to the Bills in some ways.... but I see more potential breakout difference makers on our roster than on theirs.

rivers was slinging it last year but i think the new situation could be a good thing. the chargers never seem to win close games. always lose those coin flip games. i'd say the colts are better coached right now.