Why Chiefs Bills Primetime Is A Pipe Dream AND I WAS EXTREMELY WRONG THANK GOD

This year the Bills Chiefs game is this years version of the game that has to be at night because bills fans really want it to be. I don’t disagree with the fact the Bills Chiefs would be a great matchup and at night be a really special thing as a fan.

Unfortunately I will be very surprised if that happens at this point for three reasons.

1. The Chiefs being Super Bowl champions means every opponent the Chiefs play on the road see this is as their marquee game for the year. The Super Bowl champion always is a lucrative team for opponents hosting them and the Chiefs have a very appealing team nationally. A down team like Miami hosts KC and this would be an opportune matchup especially with Tua. Buffalo will be in fierce competition to land the game which brings me to point two...

2. KC is on the road against the Ravens, Saints, and Buccaneers. TV crews will absolutely prioritize those games ahead of Buffalo and in division Denver has a rising team while the Raiders are opening a new stadium and what a way to do it. Buffalo isn’t just competing against 7 other teams for KC at night there facing two of the NFLs bluebloods in terms of TV attention (BAL & NOLA) and a TB team with Brady which is now the most sought after team for TV after KC.

3. Sal C from WGR had Mike North from the NFL who handles the schedule who was really

interesting in regards to how the schedule is made. One of the important things he noted is that while everyone wants a home game against their top opponent at night they have to balance that teams needs and what’s fair to them. Figure KC is getting 2-3 homes games and if they go to NOLA and TB at night, is it really fair to KC to force them at night for a 5th or 6th night game that’s on the road? The Patriots did play three on the road but one was in division vs the Jets, another was a quick flight to Baltimore with only the HOU game being a longer road trip.

Overall I just dont see it at this point. I’d love it and. Buffalo certainly has a good case with the playoffs two of the last three years, a great defense, and some rising young players. But after looking into this deeper a 4:25 spot would be nice at this point.

Edited by corta765
  • Haha (+1) 11

I say schedule it like week 13-15 with the SNF flex as an option depending on records 

makes the most sense to me if one team flops keep it at 1pm

damn u warcoded 2 secs before I posted my take

Edited by mikemac2001
  • Haha (+1) 3

Fine by me if you think it's a pipe dream.

I would rather play EVERY East Coast game and 1pm on Sunday's and get it over thing.

Nothing you can do about a 4pm starts from being on the road in other time zones.

• Like (+1) 4

55 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

This game is almost a guarantee prime time game. The head of scheduling was on One Bills Live and said that it was on their radar as a hot ticket game. 

Who wouldn't want 2 young up and coming gunslingers. They'll find a place for it on primetime. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

maybe im the only one, but I like sunday at 1.

You’re Far from the only one. But an all 1:00pm game start season is reserved for 6-10 teams and below. 

It USED to be our domain..

Allen’s twisting, turning ‘Want To’ on 3rd & 1 conversion off a fumble in Dallas sealed our fate to prime time.

dammit, Josh..?

?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think these folks took notice last year that Buffalo is a compelling team for PrimeTime games. When you look around the NFL, there really aren’t that many interesting teams. Buffalo has some buzz now as an AFC East favorite as well. I prefer the 1pm games like most others, but I’d say there is a very high likelihood we see this one at night.

6 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

maybe im the only one, but I like sunday at 1.

Clearwater, you’re not the only one.  I love Sundays at 1 pm as I can watch with my kids, make dinner, and have a nice family meal with the 4 pm game on in the background.  I hate night games as I get up at 5 am, so makes for a long day with maybe 4 hours sleep.  4 pm games are great so the West games will be fun this year, and the national games will still be there at 4 pm.

• Like (+1) 2

The problem with the OP is it only looks at things from the KC perspective. I think the networks are going to want to get the Bills on tv this year. I think we get 2 or 3 games. They are going to be looking for the most enticing match ups.

Chiefs @ Bills - SNF

Bills @ 49ers - TNF

Seahawks @ Bills OR Bills @ Jets - MNF

They are my predictions.

14 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

My pipe dream is Shakira and Jennifer Aniston coming over to help me bake cookies.

Good luck with yours though.

I’d rather have sex with them, but we all have our thing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1