GMFB -- Bills Love. ๐Ÿ‘€ โ€‹๐Ÿ’ช - 2021 season โ€” Is cantaloupe the offensive lineman of the fruit salad?

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

ย 

Now these guys say a lot of positives about him, but when asked what more they need to see out of Josh Allen,ย  Nate's response is just DUMB -ย "You have to be as accurate as Russell Wilson, you have to be as poised in the pocket as Aaron Rodgers, you have to have the delivery of Pat Mahomes, he doesn't have that yet...Just know there's a separation of you & the greats in the game, then once you close that gap, then our conversation about Josh Allen will change."

ย 

I completely understand the criticisms of Josh Allen, but this is a dumb take no matter how you slice it. You're saying he has to have all the best attributes of all the best QB's in the league to be considered a top tier QB? Since when is being perfect the criteria for being a top QB in the league? When he's currently playing on the same level as those guys, why does he need to then do everything they do best COMBINED just to be in that conversation?

Again, I'll be critical when he deserves it, but this is a criticism I would never throw out there. "You only have to have to win as many Super Bowls as Tom Brady, put up numbers like Peyton Manning, and rush for as many yards as Barry Sanders...THEN you can be just in the conversation!"ย ๐Ÿ˜‘

ย Everytime Nate opens his mouth I feel like he says something stupid. He is defending Lamar Jackson to the death, but Josh Allen needs to be perfect. He's an ass.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

ย Everytime Nate opens his mouth I feel like he says something stupid. He is defending Lamar Jackson to the death, but Josh Allen needs to be perfect. He's an ass.ย 

Wait were you really bothered by what Nate said about Josh?!? Did you watch the video? He already has him in his top 5 QBs and talked about the couple of things that he needs to be in the โ€œabsolutely eliteโ€ย category. Everything he said was 100% true. We are so sensitive!!!

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Wait were you really bothered by what Nate said about Josh?!? Did you watch the video? He already has him in his top 5 QBs and talked about the couple of things that he needs to be in the โ€œabsolutely eliteโ€ย category. Everything he said was 100% true. We are so sensitive!!!

ย 

Agreed.ย  BUT as I saidย  ย Nate says Joshย hasย to win against Belichick to get his real props.ย  ย  Nate is also very high on Camย 

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

ย 

"You have to have the delivery of Pat Mahomes" was a stupid statement.ย  I agree with Josh needing toย keep upย the accuracy he has already shown this year andย improveย his poise in the pocket when plays break down and he becomes Sugar-Rush Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

i was more annoyed in another segment where Peter was already crowning the Steelers AFC north champs after the Ravens lost. A steelers team that literally hasnt beaten a team with a win yet.... meanwhile last week he totally slammed the bills schedule and said the division still runs through NE even after their loss.ย 

ย 

Love the show. Love the cast.... but a little consistency from the panel please...

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

ย 

"You have to have the delivery of Pat Mahomes" was a stupid statement.ย  I agree with Josh needing toย keep upย the accuracy he has already shown this year andย improveย his poise in the pocket when plays break down and he becomes Sugar-Rush Josh.

ย 

ย 

Maybe its the Bills homer in me...

ย 

But Mahomes threw some passes the media would have criticized Josh for,ย ย 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i was more annoyed in another segment where Peter was already crowning the Steelers AFC north champs after the Ravens lost. A steelers team that literally hasnt beaten a team with a win yet.... meanwhile last week he totally slammed the bills schedule and said the division still runs through NE even after their loss.ย 

ย 

Love the show. Love the cast.... but a little consistency from the panel please...

ย 

A repeating narrative that I have mentioned a number of times.ย ย 

ย 

Rams - weak schedule and 2 more NFCE games back to back

Seattle - toughest team NE

ย 

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

ย 

Nobody is being sensitive. I dislike Nate and his takes in general. Again, Lamar Jackson has none of the 3 things he listed off that JA needs in order to be elite yet he defends LJ to the end everytime it comes up. With JA he needs to be Aaron Rogers/Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes all in one to be elite.

ย 

Relax pal.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

ย 

Agreed.ย  BUT as I saidย  ย Nate says Joshย hasย to win against Belichick to get his real props.ย  ย  Nate is also very high on Camย 

He does!! If we donโ€™t ever overcome the Pats itโ€™s not going to matter.

31 minutes ago, eball said:

ย 

His point was thatโ€™s what will take Josh into HOF territory. Thatโ€™s not an insult. Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes walk into the HOF tomorrow if they retired at the end of the season. Heโ€™s not comparing him to Tannehill or even a guy like Watson. Heโ€™s talking about what Josh needs to be in that top tier.

15 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

ย 

Nobody is being sensitive. I dislike Nate and his takes in general. Again, Lamar Jackson has none of the 3 things he listed off that JA needs in order to be elite yet he defends LJ to the end everytime it comes up. With JA he needs to be Aaron Rogers/Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes all in one to be elite.

ย 

Relax pal.ย 

Lamar Jackson has an MVP award and led the league in TDs. Heโ€™s further along than Josh right now. Heโ€™s earned the benefit of the doubt that Josh has not yet earned. Heโ€™s heading that way but he has not been an equal to Lamar 3 games into their 3rd season. Thatโ€™s not an insult. Lamar has been great. Josh looks like he might be too. We donโ€™t need to discredit Lamar (orย anybody) to prop up Josh though.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

ย 

Now these guys say a lot of positives about him, but when asked what more they need to see out of Josh Allen,ย  Nate's response is just DUMB -ย "You have to be as accurate as Russell Wilson, you have to be as poised in the pocket as Aaron Rodgers, you have to have the delivery of Pat Mahomes, he doesn't have that yet...Just know there's a separation of you & the greats in the game, then once you close that gap, then our conversation about Josh Allen will change."

ย 

I completely understand the criticisms of Josh Allen, but this is a dumb take no matter how you slice it. You're saying he has to have all the best attributes of all the best QB's in the league to be considered a top tier QB? Since when is being perfect the criteria for being a top QB in the league? When he's currently playing on the same level as those guys, why does he need to then do everything they do best COMBINED just to be in that conversation?

Again, I'll be critical when he deserves it, but this is a criticism I would never throw out there. "You only have to have to win as many Super Bowls as Tom Brady, put up numbers like Peyton Manning, and rush for as many yards as Barry Sanders...THEN you can be just in the conversation!"ย ๐Ÿ˜‘

He meant for him to be considered for MVP. Those are the attributes of MVP caliber players.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

His point was thatโ€™s what will take Josh into HOF territory. Thatโ€™s not an insult. Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes walk into the HOF tomorrow if they retired at the end of the season. Heโ€™s not comparing him to Tannehill or even a guy like Watson. Heโ€™s talking about what Josh needs to be in that top tier.

ย 

I understand what he was trying to say, but the statement "he needs to have the delivery of Pat Mahomes" is weird.ย  Josh's delivery is Josh's delivery.ย  Is he saying Josh needs to throw the ball differently?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, eball said:

ย 

I understand what he was trying to say, but the statement "he needs to have the delivery of Pat Mahomes" is weird.ย  Josh's delivery is Josh's delivery.ย  Is he saying Josh needs to throw the ball differently?

ย 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not to mention PM throws strangely five times a game.

ย 

The No Look Pass.ย  ย 

ย 

He doesn't need to match the best attributeย of the 3 best QBs currently in the game. Not one of them is the best at all 3, so why would Josh need to? As a team weย needย to continue to win, go something like 3-1 in the 4 games against the Pats***, Seahawks and Chiefs & win our division.

ย 

As for individual performance if Josh continues doing what he's doing how can he not be right there at the end of the season? He's the sole reason we're 3-0, we've scored 12 TDs this year and Josh has accounted for every single one of them(10 passing,ย 2 rushing) Of our 1,349 yards passing and rushing yards Josh has 1,122 of them(1,038 passing, 84 rushing). He's been pretty much our entire offense so far. Add to that having 2 fourth quarter comebacks already through 3 games and there's no doubt he's one of the frontrunners. All he's done so far is carried ourย offense and to date our bottom half defense through 3 games. That's what a MVP does for their team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I thought recap but they are wearing different clothesย  ย :lol:ย ย 

ย 

Burleson: "You have to be as accurate as Russell Wilson. You have to be as poised in the pocket as Aaron Rodgers. You have to have the delivery of Patย Mahomes. He doesn't have that yet ... just knowย that there is a separation between you and the greats of the game."

ย 

Burleson is going to be the last man standing in the "Josh isn't in the conversation" clique. This guy is just being obstinate for reasons I am unaware.

ย 

First off, he starts with a moronic argument. Allenย has to do everything better than everyone else just to be "in the conversation for MVP"? Does any one of those guys that are the "standards" do everything better than all of the other guys?

ย 

Second go watch some game tape with those big goofy glasses on. Even just the Rams game:

ย 

Go watch that bucket-ball to Diggs on the left side stutter route, or the right sideline vertical to Beasley.ย Were those as accurate as Wilson?

Go watch the TD to Diggsย with Donald bearing down, or the Gabe Davis crosser after pulling it down and resetting. Were those as poised as Rodgers?

Go watch that Lee Smith TD with the sub-Marino recognition-to-ball-outย time, or the 3rd and 25 to Diggs. Were those aย delivery like Mahomes?

ย 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not to mention PM throws strangely five times a game.

It does seem very clear to me that Allen is held to a weirdly higher standard as compared to his peers wrt 'bad plays'

ย 

like...all all talk vs Jets was the miss in the endzone when in the exact same game this pass was thrown lmao

ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

ย 

Burleson is going to be the last man standing in the "Josh isn't in the conversation" clique. This guy is just being obstinate for reasons I am unaware.

ย 

First off, he starts with a moronic argument. Allenย has to do everything better than everyone else just to be "in the conversation for MVP"? Does any one of those guys that are the "standards" do everything better than all of the other guys?

ย 

Second go watch some game tape with those big goofy glasses on. Even just the Rams game:

ย 

Go watch that bucket-ball to Diggs on the left side stutter route, or the right sideline vertical to Beasley.ย Were those as accurate as Wilson?

Go watch the TD to Diggsย with Donald bearing down, or the Gabe Davis crosser after pulling it down and resetting. Were those as poised as Rodgers?

Go watch that Lee Smith TD with the sub-Marino recognition-to-ball-outย time, or the 3rd and 25 to Diggs. Were those aย delivery like Mahomes?

ย 

ย 

Burleson has been on the Allen hype train since last year.

ย 

And this is all more a commentary on "MVP Vo ting" than knocks on Josh. Are you aware that to this very day, Russell Wilson has a total of ZERO mvp votes across his entire career. ZERO! He's never even received a single vote.

ย 

So with that perspective, it would make sense for analysts to say Josh has to show some ridiculous things in order to get into consideration.

ย 

Condemn the voters if you want, but that's the way it is.

Burlesonโ€™s takes on GMFB are different/less rosy than those he makes during the CBS halftime show ย where heโ€™s typically more effusive with his JA praise.

ย 

Honestly, I really wouldnโ€™t worry too much about it. Itโ€™s a talk show for entertainment purposes. During just about every segment on GMFB, someone needs to take the alternative view point so thereโ€™s actually something to discuss. Thatโ€™s the format.ย 
ย 

He likes Josh. A lot. Non issue for me.ย 

• Like (+1) 2