New Game Jersey shopping ?

Not the sexiest topic, but am in the market for a new game jersey. I’m looking specifically for one with sewn on numbers and custom name patch. I’ve surfed for hrs on team, NFL and Fanatics sites and cant find one. Can someone help a brother out? TIA

Edited by Jistafan

19 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

DHGATE

Does DHGATE do quality stuff? Been thinking about getting my Diggs from them.  It's always a roll of the dice with those sites but when you hit the right one they are sweet.  Got my Freddy some years back from a China site and it is awesome.  When I tried to get a Watkins it was stitched but absolute crap.  Which was foreshadowing I guess...

If you’re looking for a licensed one, the Nike Game version is a heat-pressed vinyl/silicone, at ~$99. The Limited is a standard cut jersey with sewn twill name & numbers at ~$175. The Elite is a game cut jersey (close, although still not what the players wear on the field) with sewn name & numbers at ~$300.

You can try other sites and knock-offs at your own risk wrt quality, ethics of copyright law, etc. 

I actually messaged a company out of Colorado yesterday about ordering a set of twill names / numbers for a Kelly-era jersey whose numbers have started to peel off. Can then have a seamstress see them on. I don’t know if they’re still in business, or if they’re currently furloughed, or what. https://www.propatchesusa.com/#b

Edited by UConn James

I love their hockey stuff the most, but lately the football stuff is really good. My Allen jersey is ?. My Kyle too. Years years years back the FJax was a lighter shade of blue but stitching excellent.

I hate $75replica jerseys. They don’t last long and they are uncomfortable. For $40 you can’t beat it. Just realize that a 7 yr old boy is working 13 hour shifts to make sure you get it on time.

But that’s for another forum—

28 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I love their hockey stuff the most, but lately the football stuff is really good. My Allen jersey is ?. My Kyle too. Years years years back the FJax was a lighter shade of blue but stitching excellent.

I hate $75replica jerseys. They don’t last long and they are uncomfortable. For $40 you can’t beat it. Just realize that a 7 yr old boy is working 13 hour shifts to make sure you get it on time.

But that’s for another forum—

I hear ya, picked up a decent Owens and Moulds off eBay a few years back very cheap (also ugly dark blue era)  when they were the reebok knockoffs. Freddy and Thurman are good ones I got from China a longer while back.  Prob 7 jerseys total.  Gotta be stitched and gotta be close to the real thing.

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Like (+1) 1

Just take a min and find something on ebay thats legit and then change the name. 

DHGate is full of different vendors supplying product for a generic picture. 

Even the 300 jerseys can be found for a third by hunting a little. 

Dont forget, these knockoffs of the 94 teams that look so terrible look different because up until 2001 Bills jerseys were screen printed, not sewn. 

Knockoffs fall apart after a dry clean, and you shouldnt wash your jersey anyway so we wont even discuss how terrible they look after. 

Knockoffs, while have come a long way, still stick out like sore thumbs because their numbers are poofy, letters are way too big and thick, word mark is a weird font, and the material just looks incorrect.

And thats IF you manage to get the right shade of blue, one that doesnt have black instead of navy blue, non patriots number font, and the name spelled correctly. 

The gist is, you get what you pay for. If you want to wear something to the game thats almost the right colors and spill mustard on it - then i guess you at least have an argument. 

Some people just dont care, and thats the best argument for knockoffs imo.

People complain about the $100 nike game jersey cut. If you go to NFL.com you can get what they call a ProLine jersey thats identical to the old reebok jersey cut and it can be customized as well. This jersey is cheaper than the nike and looks better than knockoffs. 

Granted, i care way more than most BUT i dont want to walk around wearing something most people can tell I paid 40 bucks for that looks CLOSE to how it should. 

Edited by gobills1212

18 hours ago, Jistafan said:

Not the sexiest topic, but am in the market for a new game jersey. I’m looking specifically for one with sewn on numbers and custom name patch. I’ve surfed for hrs on team, NFL and Fanatics sites and cant find one. Can someone help a brother out? TIA

everywhere (Fanatics, NFL, and *****) appears sold out of Diggs and White jerseys in normal sizes.  I think they will have more closer to the season.  

15 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Just take a min and find something on ebay thats legit and then change the name. 

DHGate is full of different vendors supplying product for a generic picture. 

Even the 300 jerseys can be found for a third by hunting a little. 

Dont forget, these knockoffs of the 94 teams that look so terrible look different because up until 2001 Bills jerseys were screen printed, not sewn. 

Knockoffs fall apart after a dry clean, and you shouldnt wash your jersey anyway so we wont even discuss how terrible they look after. 

Knockoffs, while have come a long way, still stick out like sore thumbs because their numbers are poofy, letters are way too big and thick, word mark is a weird font, and the material just looks incorrect.

And thats IF you manage to get the right shade of blue, one that doesnt have black instead of navy blue, non patriots number font, and the name spelled correctly. 

The gist is, you get what you pay for. If you want to wear something to the game thats almost the right colors and spill mustard on it - then i guess you at least have an argument. 

Some people just dont care, and thats the best argument for knockoffs imo.

People complain about the $100 nike game jersey cut. If you go to NFL.com you can get what they call a ProLine jersey thats identical to the old reebok jersey cut and it can be customized as well. This jersey is cheaper than the nike and looks better than knockoffs. 

Granted, i care way more than most BUT i dont want to walk around wearing something most people can tell I paid 40 bucks for that looks CLOSE to how it should. 

the ProLine jerseys on NFL, Fanatics, (which I think even makes some of its own legit jerseys) and *****  look great.  Better than the Nike ones, IMO.  

Edited by RyanC883

Side note and Pro Tip for anyone who maybe doesnt feel comfortable rocking a jersey as a grown man, or finds it unreasonable spending $100+ on a novelty shirt worn a couple times a year:

Fanatics.com has a cool t-shirt product which has a customizable name and number on the back. If you watch for sales (like the 65% sale ON NOW) you can get them for $29. Good quality t-shirt and quality screen printing. You can get 3 for the price of a jersey.

I usually pick up a couple of random Bills each year during these sales. May order a "Bennett 55" or "Mueller 41" today to add to the collection.

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/buffalo-bills-nfl-pro-line-any-name-and-number-logo-personalized-t-shirt-royal/

eAFSsii.jpg

MLCEk3k.jpg

j6Ju3OG.jpg

Xq5NeVd.jpg

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Jistafan said:

Jistafan is jistanass. 1st post in 3 years and doesn’t bother to return to follow up. So, for jistalameposter, I will. Thanks, folks for the suggestions. 

Thread.

• Haha (+1) 2