How many draft picks make the 53 man roster to start the season??

Epeneza and RB are locks.

The most interesting will be fight for WR spots. 

McKenzie, Rayray, Easley are expendable, goodbye.

Foster is another thing. I still remember his 1st season flashes. Although his 2nd season was absolutely disappointment he has a speed and ability to make big plays in NFL. I would give him last chance.

Roberts is  only returner and nothing special. Yes, reliable, no fumbles,  but I don't remember a TD return or any long return from him all season. Why to spend a WR spot on this mediocrity?

Duke is my fan favourite last season, but now I woud give the road for 2 young draftees.

The situation is a bit similar to Haushka/young kicker and Barkley/Fromm. If rookies are little inferior to old guys today keep in mind that rookies will impove in future and oldsters will deteriorate 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Im going to say over four. The truth is we could have all seven make the roster. How much they contribute is another thing. But to have late round prospects every year earning spots on this stacked of a team. That truly shows the importance of not trading late round picks to move up in the draft. So lets look at each draft pick.

2nd round: AJ Epensa DE... roster lock ... We were lucky to get him at this slot. Im personally glad we didnt trade up. Awesome pick.

3rd round: Zach Moss RB...roster lock... We all wanted the bills to draft a RB. I personally wanted Dillon, Akers, Gibson, Moss then Perine in that order. But this guy is a beast and we got great value for him in the 3rd. 

4th round: Gabe Davis WR... roster lock ... He probably pushes Robert Foster off the roster or on the trading block/Practice Squad. Deep threat also should be gunner on punt teams. Foster is facing a make or break situation now.

5th round: Jake "from state" Fromm QB ... roster lock ... He wont play a down other than preseason. But there's no way we risk him trying to put him on the practice squad.

So he makes the roster by default. This will be Matt Barkleys last year here. Great pick may be traded in the future for a higher draft pick then we spent on him.

6th round: Tyler Bass K ...  I think he replaces Hauska this year. But he's not a lock... I will say he goes to the PS for the sake of arguments. Still a good pick.

6th round: Isaiah Hodgens WR ... I'll say he makes the roster.... Great pick ... Big body wr with great hands. He runs good routes. I think he pushes Duke Williams off the roster this year. 

7th round: Dane Jackson CB ... I'll say he doesn't make the roster if EJ Gaines stays healthy.... So that would mean he'll make it by default actually. Competitive player who wraps up and makes the tackle in front of him. Plays the ball in the air well enough to break up alot of passes. Awesome pick in the 7th round.

Yes our best opportunity to win with Allen on his rookie deal. But consistently drafting late round gems is what makes dynasties.

So I've got five draft picks making the roster. (Six if you think EJ gets hurt before the season).

How many do you think make our deepest roster in a long time??

Go Bills!!!

Agree mostly. Fromm was a fifth round pick. It’s not unusual at all for fifth round QBs to land on the PS. 

4 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Epeneza and RB are locks.

The most interesting will be fight for WR spots. 

McKenzie, Rayray, Easley are expendable, goodbye.

Foster is another thing. I still remember his 1st season flashes. Although his 2nd season was absolutely disappointment he has a speed and ability to make big plays in NFL. I would give him last chance.

Roberts is  only returner and nothing special. Yes, reliable, no fumbles,  but I don't remember a TD return or any long return from him all season. Why to spend a WR spot on this mediocrity?

Duke is my fan favourite last season, but now I woud give the road for 2 young draftees.

The situation is a bit similar to Haushka/young kicker and Barkley/Fromm. If rookies are little inferior to old guys today keep in mind that rookies will impove in future and oldsters will deteriorate 

Roberts was an all pro returner - while not having a TD return does not make him a bad returner.  There is value to sure hands and a good return average.

That said, if a rookie can deliver the same then bye to Roberts.  The tie goes to a rookie who can return and be the 6th WR.

Epenesa, Moss, Fromm, Bass. So 4.

I dont think Davis is a lock, simply due to the lack of rookie camps and OTAs. It will be tougher on rookies who need to learn the offense and build chemistry.

I think Davis and Hodgens make the PS.

Jackson gets released.

I don't know if any are locks after Epenesa and Moss. But they all have a chance to make the final roster. I have a feeling that Hodgins will be a better pro than Davis. He seems to be the right kind of WR that Allen needs. A big target. Like Duke, Hodgins doesn't get much separation. But, unlike Duke, the young man CATCHES EVERYTHING. I can see Josh giving Hodgins a chance to make a play on the ball.

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Roberts was an all pro returner - while not having a TD return does not make him a bad returner.  There is value to sure hands and a good return average.

That said, if a rookie can deliver the same then bye to Roberts.  The tie goes to a rookie who can return and be the 6th WR.

My biggest grip about the entire draft, this team didn't get faster.

I wanted them to draft a better version of McKenzie.  Someone that can stretch the field, run some Jet sweeps, and be the returner.  Like a Hardman from KC.

Roberts taking up a spot on this team kind of irritates me, not because he isn't decent at what he does, it's just so little in today's NFL.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, billsfan89 said:

Hodges is on the bubble, not sure if he can beat out Mackenzie, Foster and Duke. Dane Jackson is likely to be on the PS. Moss, AJ, Davis, Fromm and Bass are likely to all make the roster. 

I’m going to say Hodges and Dane PS.  The other 5 can potentially make the team.  I will account for an IR player out of those 5, so 4 make the team of our draft picks.

If there is one or two CB injuries in camp Dane can make the team.  If he makes the team I think he could do surprisingly well.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Epenesa, Moss, Fromm, Bass. So 4.

I dont think Davis is a lock, simply due to the lack of rookie camps and OTAs. It will be tougher on rookies who need to learn the offense and build chemistry.

I think Davis and Hodgens make the PS.

Jackson gets released.

I don’t think they would have drafted Davis in the 4th if they didn’t plan on keeping him on the roster. Guess we will have to see how he compares to Foster.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:17 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agree mostly. Fromm was a fifth round pick. It’s not unusual at all for fifth round QBs to land on the PS. 

It is when they played on top college football teams and played in bowl games every year......it was just a year ago where this guy was being talked about as a high pick......

On 5/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. They all make it except Jackson. Fromm will be our backup, Bass our new kicker. Both wrs make it as Foster, RayRay and Easley say goodbye.

I think this is the ideal. However if the off-season is shortened in any way, I bet one of those new WRs ends up on the practice squad with Jackson just due to reps. Easley and RayRay are most definitely gone.