Who shows up out of shape?

ESPN did a recent article showing how some of the players on certain teams were staying in shape and that got me thinking...

With players currently distancing themselves and having to train and workout at home I'm curious who shows up out of shape both within and out of the Bill's organization. If I had to guess I'd say Derick Henry and within the Bill's organization I'd say Star.

So I'm not saying this is for sure going to happen but if you had to choose one player to show up out of shape who will it be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Can we expand this to include coaches?

Lol, knock yourself out but I dont think that is much of a guess Matt Patricia, BB, basically any current or ex Patriots coach

In relative terms, quite a few of them.

Having said that, I think they will all be fit enough to avoid any sort of sanctions/being in the proverbial doghouse.

They will probably all be pretty fit, but not necessarily in the shape the coaches want them to be.

• Like (+1) 1

Only the guys who want to be cut, no room for error this up coming season.

28 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

ESPN did a recent article showing how some of the players on certain teams were staying in shape and that got me thinking...

With players currently distancing themselves and having to train and workout at home I'm curious who shows up out of shape both within and out of the Bill's organization. If I had to guess I'd say Derick Henry and within the Bill's organization I'd say Star.

So I'm not saying this is for sure going to happen but if you had to choose one player to show up out of shape who will it be.

On the Bills? Josh Allen.

Everybody.   3 points:

1)  the old saw about "football shape."  I heard an ex player say the issue is not a guy's fitness.  Its whether he is fit enuf to avoid injury to himself and others.  Talked about guys laying on the ground in camp so others had to avoid them.  Guys too tired and then rolling up on the legs of linemen, etc.

2)  Another podcast said this is why teams are loading up on camp WRs.  Since everybody will be out of football shape, need to keep fresh legs so all the QBs can get plenty of real full speed routes to throw to.  Dont need the usual CB/WR ratio this year.

3)  even the guys working out probably arent doing it in pads. 

This season is gonna be a war of attrition.  NFL should increase roster sizes and game-day rosters for the whole season.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 3

The fans, who have been staying home eating all day and will have a tough time fitting into the seats at New Era.  

Who won't be coming in out of shape:  NY Jets D players-every morning their phone rings & on the other end is some guy banging a trash can and screaming at them to get out of bed and work out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3