Frank Gore signing with Jets

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He needs 653 yards to get to 16k

I don't think he is getting it. He fell short of 653 last season and he got 163 rushing attempts in a more legit time share for half of the season. The Jets have Lev Bell who is still a 3 down RB and will get most of the snaps. I guess it is possible but I think his snaps go down to less than 130 and if that's the case I don't see him surpassing last years rushing yards total with 30+ less carries to do so. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't think he is getting it. He fell short of 653 last season and he got 163 rushing attempts in a more legit time share for half of the season. The Jets have Lev Bell who is still a 3 down RB and will get most of the snaps. I guess it is possible but I think his snaps go down to less than 130 and if that's the case I don't see him surpassing last years rushing yards total with 30+ less carries to do so. 

Never, ever underestimate the stupidity of one Adam Gase...

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Ultimately killing Frank Gore rather than Bell bodes well for the Jets. I dont think he has enough left in the tank to make that strategy viable. Think it's much more about fixing that lockerroom and building culture. 

I'm not sure if a locker room that has Leveon Bell in it .. and is led by Adam Gase .. is fixable.

Frank just wants some easy money.  And good for him, I say.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, eball said:

He apparently wanted Buffalo to re-sign him.

well thats a given, we dont even need a source.

He was essentially out of the league if it wasn't for this late surprise signing

He will start out and look good. If they limit his touches to no more than 5 a game over the first 8 games, he will have something left for 3 caries a game over the last 8. Gore is absolutely nothing to fear. Sure handed short yardage guy, or a guy to run out the clock with. Having Gore run for 10+ times a game early In the season  means he will look old and slow sooner than later. 

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not sure if a locker room that has Leveon Bell in it .. and is led by Adam Gase .. is fixable.

Frank just wants some easy money.  And good for him, I say.

Agreed. Especially if he's taking it from the Jets.

Frank Gore has now crossed over into to Joe Namath to the Rams or Johnny Unitas to the Chargers territory.

I really wished he retired and went to all his son's college games. 

Edited by jwhit34
correction

You think he'll spill the beans on our offensive attacks and fronts?

Hmm wonder if there's a legal binding contract with the player not too mention things(playbooks) to other coaches about former team or is it just loyalty and respect thing?