Frank Gore signing with Jets

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If someone wanted to pay me a few Mil to come in and be a "good guy" and take a few carries, sure! I'd do it every year I could until the phone stopped ringing.

You have to actually make it past the LOS.  just kidding, bud.  He may be reaching for #2, but he’d have to be used a lot for that to happen.  I can’t remember how much farther ahead Payton is from Gore.  Either way he’s getting a gold jacket probably even in the first year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

You have to actually make it past the LOS.  just kidding, bud.  He may be reaching for #2, but he’d have to be used a lot for that to happen.  I can’t remember how much farther ahead Payton is from Gore.  Either way he’s getting a gold jacket probably even in the first year.

Then why did the Jets sign Gore? ?

50 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Then why did the Jets sign Gore? ?

No argument Dawk.  Because the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets, and the Pfish are not managing a team well like the Bills, and still will give it to the Patsies, not because they had a great draft or a good FA, and blew it on spending, but they are the Pats.  Until they are unseated, they are not unseated,

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Frank Gore will certainly be enshrined in Canton one day.  But first ballot?  Isn't that a bit generous?  He has been a very good player (and a good guy) throughout his career.  But he certainly did not transcend the game of football.  I don't think he was ever the dominant RB of his era.  A very good player.  But not at the level of Emmit Smith Barry Sanders or Walter Payton.  The amount of yards he has gotten mean something.  But a lot of that is because he has played for a long time.

Where would you put him on the all time great list of RB's?  Better and more talented then Thurman?  What about AP?  What about Terrell Davis-4 great years and he is in the Hall?  Chris Johnson?  Jamal Lewis?  Curtis Martin?  Just saying.  Where does Frank stand?  

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s probably a decent place for him. That locker room lacks some heart. Gore can’t play anymore but he’s an ideal veteran option for a team that’s lost otherwise. I didn’t think I’d say that signing Frank Gore was a good signing for someone but think that it is for the Jets.

7 hours ago, eball said:

I hear ya, but it just seems odd for him.  I guess he's a little delusional as to how much he has left in the tank.  It will be funny to see Jests fans implode when Gase starts giving Gore carries at the expense of Bell.

Wow, everyone shoveling dirt on Gore (yet a wooden leg like DiMarco gets endless love??)...

Devonta Freeman (smiler yards, carries, YPC), and Bell himself (only 790 yards on a whopping 245 carries at 3.2 per) should think ab out hanging it up as well.

"Captain" McCoy was available to help stabilize that Jets locker room....

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, everyone shoveling dirt on Gore (yet a wooden leg like DiMarco gets endless love??)...

Devonta Freeman (smiler yards, carries, YPC), and Bell himself (only 790 yards on a whopping 245 carries at 3.2 per) should think ab out hanging it up as well.

"Captain" McCoy was available to help stabilize that Jets locker room....

If you find me saying good things about DiMarco please feel free to add them here. I‘ve been trying to cut him for years lol!! Just because he can’t play doesn’t mean that Gore can anymore. Those 2 things aren’t intertwined. Neither can play 

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm not sure if a locker room that has Leveon Bell in it .. and is led by Adam Gase .. is fixable.

Frank just wants some easy money.  And good for him, I say.

Exactly, if he wanted to build culture he could retire and become a coach. I’m not doubting Gore as a mentor, but it’s ridiculous how little he contributes as a running back at this point. 

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It looks like he's getting a head start on his coaching career at a player's salary instead of entry level coaching pay.

Good point, I just can’t believe anyone would sign him as a player. 

I hope it isn’t just the Jets wanting to pick his brain about the Bills playbook as the Bills have the same offensive coordinator 3rd year in a row.It is actually weird typing that and shows one of the reasons the Bills have become solid...Go Bills!!