Frank Gore signing with Jets

Gore looked like he had cinder blocks tied to his shoes he was running that slow. The only real purpose for him on that team is to help the younger backs and be like a extra coach on the field. Gore is a warrior but his body is at the end of the rope.

Seems like he should retire and get on with his life, but I guess he still finds joy in playing football and being a part of the team.

Pretty surprising that teams are still willing to sign him after he showed a steep decline in production and effectiveness last year. I guess his locker room presence is highly valued.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well he already knows the offense and still wanted to play, and bills didn’t want him back. In shortened offseason probably the only place that fit.  Could see him getting bumped from the 53 though. 

True.  And throw in there that for some reason Gase doesn't like Bell.

I am NOT saying Gore replaces Bell.  I'm saying Gase will like having him around unless and until Frank's skill set forces him to do something else.

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

Frank Gore has now crossed over into to Joe Namath to the Jets or Johnny Unitas to the Chargers territory.

I really wished he retired and went to all his son's college games. 

I think you meant to say Rams.

1 hour ago, CableUSMC said:

I wish him well. Good guy and mentor for Motor, in his first season. I would take him over Shady any day.  

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy has been done for 5 years. I hope we play Gore 16 times this season. He’s terrible 

Exactly.  It embarrassing for Frank Gore that he just can't walk away.  And its embarrassing for the Jets that they have signed him. 

This locker room culture stuff is so overblown.  The only leaders that matter are the ones that produce on the field.  Winning breads a good culture.  These guys are getting paid well to play a game.  If you can not motivate yourself to be the best you can be, you won't be for very long.  Its that simple.  

• Like (+1) 1

My two cents is that the Jets figured that Gore would be a maturing influence on Bell.  I think he did more for Singletary's improvement than we realize.  Frank doesn't have much left physically, but he's got a lot of experience and film study in reading blocks, picking up blitzes and all the other stuff that goes with the position, and I don't think you can find anyone who works harder at it.  Not sure if he's going to be able to help Bell though.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well he already knows the offense and still wanted to play, and bills didn’t want him back. In shortened offseason probably the only place that fit.  Could see him getting bumped from the 53 though. 

I know why he would sign, I don't see a benefit for the Jets.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I know why he would sign, I don't see a benefit for the Jets.

I don’t know but Gase said something the other day about wanting to decrease Bell’s workload. Which seems kind of dumb. They also have Perine. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He needs 653 yards to get to 16k

He's not going to do it if last season was any indication.  Gore struggled to gain tough yards, he's just not strong or fast enough at this point.

54 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

age 36 he gets 2M broken down into 500K signing bonus  250k workout 1.250k salary

750k in dead cap if cut

maybe they are leaning to cutting Bell and want a vet in the room is the only silver lining I see

I think Gase saw how broken that locker room was starting to get and wants a stabilizing force in there. The Jets have been very prudent this off-season (compared to their spending spree in 2019) making smart acquisitions and trying to build a team as opposed to just trying to collect talent. Gore isn't going to be much more than a short yardage back on the field. But in the locker room he could be a great help to help the team's locker room culture. 

44 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Is his son still enrolling at UB this fall?  Was as of a year ago.

No, he was never committed there. He had an offer from UB but verbaled to FAU and then signed with Southern Miss. 

Edited by YoloinOhio