Frank Gore signing with Jets

That’s probably a decent place for him. That locker room lacks some heart. Gore can’t play anymore but he’s an ideal veteran option for a team that’s lost otherwise. I didn’t think I’d say that signing Frank Gore was a good signing for someone but think that it is for the Jets.

• Like (+1) 10

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s probably a decent place for him. That locker room lacks some heart. Gore can’t play anymore but he’s an ideal veteran option for a team that’s lost otherwise. I didn’t think I’d say that signing Frank Gore was a good signing for someone but think that it is for the Jets.

I hear ya, but it just seems odd for him.  I guess he's a little delusional as to how much he has left in the tank.  It will be funny to see Jests fans implode when Gase starts giving Gore carries at the expense of Bell.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, eball said:

I hear ya, but it just seems odd for him.  I guess he's a little delusional as to how much he has left in the tank.  It will be funny to see Jests fans implode when Gase starts giving Gore carries at the expense of Bell.

Ultimately killing Frank Gore rather than Bell bodes well for the Jets. I dont think he has enough left in the tank to make that strategy viable. Think it's much more about fixing that lockerroom and building culture. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Strethor said:

Ultimately killing Frank Gore rather than Bell bodes well for the Jets. I dont think he has enough left in the tank to make that strategy viable. Think it's much more about fixing that lockerroom and building culture. 

Do you really think that's what Frank Gore is all about -- building team cultures in his declining years?

• Like (+1) 3

Gore is a legend and seemed like an awesome mentor for singletary. 

With that said, I will be rooting for him to get as many carries as possible when we play him. He is beyond done as a player. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Wow. Why?

Well he already knows the offense and still wanted to play, and bills didn’t want him back. In shortened offseason probably the only place that fit.  Could see him getting bumped from the 53 though. 

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Do you really think that's what Frank Gore is all about -- building team cultures in his declining years?

If someone wanted to pay me a few Mil to come in and be a "good guy" and take a few carries, sure! I'd do it every year I could until the phone stopped ringing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, eball said:

I kind of do actually. It feels like Gore is one of those guys that will play until he doesn’t have a job. He doesn’t really care where. He’s kind of an “exception” guy. Gore is already in the HOF in my opinion but racking up more yards won’t hurt him. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I kind of do actually. It feels like Gore is one of those guys that will play until he doesn’t have a job. He doesn’t really care where. He’s kind of an “exception” guy. Gore is already in the HOF in my opinion but racking up more yards won’t hurt him. 

He apparently wanted Buffalo to re-sign him.

Gore at this point is nothing more than a locker room guy he is the NFL equivalent of the 19 year NBA vet who gets paid to sit on the bench and practice with the younger guys. I actually don't hate the move for the Jets, they need to clean up their culture a bit and Gore is the kind of vet that certainly helps and I think he is someone you would want around a young QB like Darnold. On the field I think the Bills got the last few drops of him out early last year (in particular the Titans game in which he basically closed the game out.) The last two thirds of the season Gore was done.