way way way too early 2021 nfl draft SWAGS

Here are two mock drats from    https://walterfootball.com/draft2021_2.php who usually diss's the Bills. They have us falling short of getting into the AFC championship game.  They have us getting center of the offensive line studs in the first round AND an interesting combo RB/WR.  I like this idea. Someone who can run the ball put also can line up wide and outrun a linebacker or get single coverage or force a single coverage on one or both wideouts.  An extra 20 pages in the offensive playbook.

=========================================

billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Deonte Brown, G, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif
The Bills struggled when battling tough pass rushes last year, so they'll need to improve their offensive line.

Deonte Brown's strength is blasting open huge holes for his running backs, but he's also a solid pass protector.

billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Rondale Moore, RB/WR, Purdue Purdue_logo.gif
The Bills don't really have any needs, so they can afford to use a second-round pick on a versatile weapon.

Rondale Moore is a very intriguing weapon. He accumulated 1,367 yards as a freshman by both running and receiving. Some NFL team is going to figure out a great way to use the extremely talented 175-pounder.
=============================================================

27. billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Trey Hill, C, Georgia Georgia_logo.gif

The Bills grab an upgrade at center.

Hill was phenomenal for Georgia in 2019. He is a tough run blocker and shows the ability to handle pass-rushing defensive tackles one on one. Taking on a future top-10 pick in Auburn's Derrick Brown, Hill was very impressive, and team sources have said Hill was impossible not to notice while they scouted Andrew Thomas and Solomon Kindley. They feel Hill could be an early-rounder and the top center in his draft class. The 6-foot-4, 330-pounder is big for the position and moves well for a big blocker. He could also move to guard in the NFL.

19 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

19 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

The Bills don't really have any needs

Interesting takes there.

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

=============================================================

27. billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Trey Hill, C, Georgia Georgia_logo.gif

Not sure how much term Mitch Morse has left on his contract but think they would upgrade at guard or tackle first.

Edited by BfloBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I honestly don't think the Bills are anywhere close to replacing Mitch Morse.  I could see a gadget player on offense or a DB, or a replacement for Addison/Hughes.  I don't see Epenesa as that eventual replacement.  I think they would look for a guy who has more explosion and bend.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ll pay attention to mock drafts next February or March.  So much can or not happen by next year.  I appreciate the post, but it will drive me nuts to think that far ahead.

I like the "way too early" mocks because they give me a decent list of players to watch in College Football for the year. That is, IF there is college football this year. ☹️

53 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

Not sure how much term Mitch Morse has left on his contract but think they would upgrade at guard or tackle first.

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I honestly don't think the Bills are anywhere close to replacing Mitch Morse.  I could see a gadget player on offense or a DB, or a replacement for Addison/Hughes.  I don't see Epenesa as that eventual replacement.  I think they would look for a guy who has more explosion and bend.

His history of concussions means his career could be over at any moment. Less about the contract, more about the injuries.

I do agree we need a speed rusher to replace Hughes, but I understand the Center talk. Especially if we are drafting at #27+.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Never heard of him

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51af66728f5b1da2fe572

I’m irrationally biased towards guys that destroyed Ohio State. He was unreal that night. That kid will be a special pro imo. He’s as exciting with the ball in his hands as just about anyone. 

4 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Rondale Moore, RB/WR, Purdue Purdue_logo.gif
The Bills don't really have any needs, so they can afford to use a second-round pick on a versatile weapon.

?

Every team always has needs.   And 9 times out of 10, 'versatile weapon' means 'guy who has no position in the NFL'.