Auditor: Favre received welfare money for no-show speeches

Saw that article it's pretty crazy but who ever signed & sent out those checks should be hung in the square & let the people that the money could have helped throw tomatoes or potatoes at them !! 

At the very least they need to be fired !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

well 1 mil seems like something the state would catch pretty easily. Shame on that D-bag (the person((s)) whoever took said money)

Yea, no..having been involved in local and state government...the corruption is..astounding. This very article says it was almost 100 million and only the dumbest idiots who are way too egregious get caught. Even then, only a small handful actually get caught or face consequences. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

Saw that article it's pretty crazy but who ever signed & sent out those checks should be hung in the square & let the people that the money could have helped throw tomatoes or potatoes at them !! 

That is quite the extreme there

4 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

That is quite the extreme there

Hardly.  More like the bare minimum we should do to those who abuse their position to rip off the public.

If it was up to me they'd be facing a noose in the public square.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!! said:

Some dirt bag is going to prison for a long time. Thank God criminals are not very smart.

I've always said, "We only catch the stupid ones."  (Fortunately, there were enough of them around for me to have a 30 year career...)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Enough new season ticket sales occur that two entire sections of tarped seats are uncovered.

Social distancing comes naturally at a Jags home game. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, T master said:

Potatoes would hurt. Are they cooked potatoes?

On 5/5/2020 at 9:42 AM, papazoid said:

might have to return the money

"My agent is often approached by different products or brands for me to appear in one way or another. This request was no different, and I did numerous ads for Family First,'' Favre wrote.

"I have never received moneys for obligations I didn't meet. To reiterate Auditors White's statement, I was unaware that the money being dispensed was paid for out of funds not intended for that purpose, and because of that I am refunding the full amount back to the state of Mississippi.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29144016/brett-favre-repay-11-million-given-speeches-were-not-made

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/7/2020 at 7:40 AM, papazoid said:

"My agent is often approached by different products or brands for me to appear in one way or another. This request was no different, and I did numerous ads for Family First,'' Favre wrote.

"I have never received moneys for obligations I didn't meet. To reiterate Auditors White's statement, I was unaware that the money being dispensed was paid for out of funds not intended for that purpose, and because of that I am refunding the full amount back to the state of Mississippi.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29144016/brett-favre-repay-11-million-given-speeches-were-not-made

Thanks for the source. I knew I had read somewhere that he was giving back the money and that the auditors themselves stated that they've found no evidence that Favre knew. 

On 5/5/2020 at 10:35 AM, KD in CA said:

Hardly.  More like the bare minimum we should do to those who abuse their position to rip off the public.

If it was up to me they'd be facing a noose in the public square.

Is money fraud worse than killing people?

I think jail is probably enough, here...