Dolphins Reveal Plans for Attendance at Games This Year

Isn't every other seat empty and then staggering the empty seat for every other row, be enough for social distancing with wearing a mask???

EX: O Occupied  E Empty

Seat

1   2   3  4   5   6

O  E  O  E  O  E

E  O  E  O  E  O

O  E  O  E  O  E

E  O  E  O  E  O

That way nobody is breathing down other persons back.  This would create 50% capacity.  So you would only have to give up 1/2 the home games.

20 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Isn't every other seat empty and then staggering the empty seat for every other row, be enough for social distancing with wearing a mask???

Seat

1   2   3  4   5   6

O  E  O  E  O  E

E  O  E  O  E  O

O  E  O  E  O  E

E  O  E  O  E  O

That way nobody is breathing down other persons back.  This would create 50% capacity.  So you would only have to give up 1/2 the home games.

So what about families who are already in close contact.  Going to separate husbands/wives or parents/children?

11 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Some of the protocols for Bills games:

• No mild, or medium wings. Extra-spicy only.
  • Any table being jumped through either has to be disinfected, or burning for at least one minute.
  • Any alcohol being drunk through a woman's ass-crack has to be at least 100 proof.
  • All dildos thrown onto the field must be sanitized.
  • Any brawls in the stands must be conducted with gloves, and face-masks.
  • No Steelers fans.
  • No drinking the hand sanitizer.
  • Social distancing at urinals (no doubling up).
  • All visiting team's fans must genuflect at the statue of Ralph Wilson.

Thank you for this.  I only have one thing to add:  My experience with drinking hand sanitizer is that if you mix it with your favorite flavored vodka, you can stretch out an 8oz bottle for almost a week!  Gotta do my part with conserving in-demand critical supplies during this difficult time.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Nobody goes to that stadium anyways. 

"Nobody goes there any more, its too crowded..."

- Yogi Berra 

• Haha (+1) 1

They pipe in so much crowd noise that they should be fined. I go to a home Bills game and I can see every fan yelling. I go to a Home Miami game and it’s loud as hell but not one person is yelling. They need to be fined for how much crowd noise that they pump into that stadium. 

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I actually prefer the Buffalo Bills' plan.  I have posted it below:

6 inches of social distance at the urinal trough. 

I like it.  Quintupling the normal distance between guys at the trough in the restroom can only be a good thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder what the point was for revealing one team’s plan?  Maybe to float it out there and gauge fan response?  The issue they didn’t address is selecting which fans get to attend. 

4 hours ago, hjnick said:

Seat

1   2   3  4   5   6

O  E  O  E  O  E

E  O  E  O  E  O

O  E  O  E  O  E

E  O  E  O  E  O

The space between people would be about the same as the space between the O's you listed above. 

Stadium seating is pretty tight quarters. 

Not to mention that some seating is bleacher style. 

Considering they never have more than 15,000 fans left in that stadium when the 2nd half starts and most miss most of the 1st Q anyhow, how big of an issue is it for them to limit the 2nd Q to that as well?

This is, after all, the team that changed the seat colors from orange to something more muted to keep the absence of fans less noticable on TV.

5 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

So what about families who are already in close contact.  Going to separate husbands/wives or parents/children?

There is no great solution to this problem of social spacing.  Cause you have to worry about all of the seats around you, not just the ones beside you.

If the Bills had to limit capacity to 20K I hope they start with the 20K who have had seasons tickets the longest.  Add a rule that the account holder must be one of the people using the tickets and check ID at the gate.  That shouldn't add much time to entry if only 20K were going.

Offer that deal to the oldest 20K accounts and then see how many opt in.  

People who have stuck with the team the longest should have first dibs over someone who picked up seasons recently.  A split might work too, 15K based on seniority 5K based on a lottery.

Not much point selling individual games at this point.

13 hours ago, driddles said:

If the Bills had to limit capacity to 20K I hope they start with the 20K who have had seasons tickets the longest.  Add a rule that the account holder must be one of the people using the tickets and check ID at the gate.  That shouldn't add much time to entry if only 20K were going.

Offer that deal to the oldest 20K accounts and then see how many opt in.  

People who have stuck with the team the longest should have first dibs over someone who picked up seasons recently.  A split might work too, 15K based on seniority 5K based on a lottery.

Not much point selling individual games at this point.

Part of the lure of going to the bills game is getting the game day atmosphere.  Tailgating with friends, grilling out, as one article mentioned describing Orchard Park on gameday, "a high school football setting on steroids."  If they take the tailgate, take away 50K people in the stands you basically got the atmosphere of a poorly attended preseason game.  If that is the case I will gladly volunteer to have my tickets credited to next year & watch the games on TV.  

37 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Part of the lure of going to the bills game is getting the game day atmosphere.  Tailgating with friends, grilling out, as one article mentioned describing Orchard Park on gameday, "a high school football setting on steroids."  If they take the tailgate, take away 50K people in the stands you basically got the atmosphere of a poorly attended preseason game.  If that is the case I will gladly volunteer to have my tickets credited to next year & watch the games on TV.  

That's a big part of the day for sure, but it's not the only part for me.  I still want to see the game live if I can.  I've had seasons from 2004 so I don't think I'd make the first cut of seniority, but I'd find it easier to miss out to someone who has had tickets longer than me.