Talk of no alcohol at NFL games this season.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

One cannot rob a cobbed knob.  It is by design, something that is given.

Good point. Kinda like trading Kiko for Shady - it was almost robbery, but both sides agreed, so...

• Like (+1) 1

Im surprised that to a great extent 2billsdrive posters are pretty calm/accepting of this if it is implemented. Are you Really Bills fans?? Im Kidding...kinda sorta haha

Me personally don't drink inside the stadium because I'll be damned if I gonna pay $13.00 for a beer im Cheap. I'm a fill up at the tailgate then sober through the game and hit the tailgate for maybe one waiting for traffic to subside kind of fan even better none after the game.

However one point (playing devils advocate)  is the NFL (theoretically) removing a choice that was before afforded the masses with zero input from said masses. Have the fans no say?

I mean they did cut off sales after (isnt it the third quarter or halftime) already in hopes of preventing  DUIs? That to me seems very reasonable. But to remove beer to alleviate folks from needing to stand in line for restrooms meh I dunno I think that's pretty weak. I could see it as more of a safety from DUI issue than safety from covid-19 issue but thats just me.

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

but can I bring my weed vaporizer?

Now, that's the real question.

I’m sure it’s just fine. You bring that along, I’m sure they won’t mind a little extra help with grounds care. 

:)

• Like (+1) 1

I am curious why it it necessary to have to drink at a game? For those people, is football not enjoyable without it? I'm just curious, not saying anyone is right/wrong or otherwise :) 

I hear people say they have to be able to drink at a game and I've always wondered why.

What’s next? No game after the tailgate? I’m not sure what’s worse!  @Gugny will be confused and distressed! 

I love the game experience at home, and I love it live. I’m guessing I’ll be catching it at home a bit more than usual this year. 

On 5/6/2020 at 11:29 PM, letsgoteam said:

I am curious why it it necessary to have to drink at a game? For those people, is football not enjoyable without it? I'm just curious, not saying anyone is right/wrong or otherwise :) 

I hear people say they have to be able to drink at a game and I've always wondered why.

Awesome question!!!!

I think bars should do the same thing, just stop alcohol sales so people don't get drunk and do stupid things.I mean why do you need to a drink to have fun at a bar?

And why do we need alcohol at restaurants? I mean, cant you enjoy a meal without a drink and glass of wine?

And i mean lets get honest, why do we need alcohol in our home? I mean, you cant enjoy the company of your family without a drink? Do they suck that much?

Cool, we got that worked out..i mean after all the 18th Amendment was ratified  right smack in the middle of the Spanish Flu ..so lets repeat history!

Listen, hate to be so snraky, bu the holier than thou "why do people need a drink at a game" with the requisite "bless your heart "at the end.

Yes, its freaking America, booze is legal.I LOVE having a beer during the games, and yes it is an essential part of the game for me

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Awesome question!!!!

I think bars should do the same thing, just stop alcohol sales so people don't get drunk and do stupid things.I mean why do you need to a drink to have fun at a bar?

And why do we need alcohol at restaurants? I mean, cant you enjoy a meal without a drink and glass of wine?

And i mean lets get honest, why do we need alcohol in our home? I mean, you cant enjoy the company of your family without a drink? Do they suck that much?

Cool, we got that worked out..i mean after all the 18th Amendment was ratified  right smack in the middle of the Spanish Flu ..so lets repeat history!

Listen, hate to be so snraky, bu the holier than thou "why do people need a drink at a game" with the requisite "bless your heart "at the end.

Yes, its freaking America, booze is legal.I LOVE having a beer during the games, and yes it is an essential part of the game for me

I’m right there with ya.  When we could, my wife would go out to a nice restaurant for date night and try a new drink.  Do we need to have a drink at dinner?  No, but it’s part of the fun for us. Same for a sporting event, family party, etc.  

no one has to get out of control, but I enjoy the right to have a drink. Not being able to have a beer at a football game would be a bummer. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Awesome question!!!!

Going to a Bills game is like attending a party. It’s a chance to meet up with friends and have a good time. The party atmosphere along the game itself is the reason I go. Without the party element, I can just stay home. That doesn’t mean I’m being irresponsible, or don’t care about the game itself, but it’s what tips the scale in favor of me buying a ticket. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, teef said:

I’m right there with ya.  When we could, my wife would go out to a nice restaurant for date night and try a new drink.  Do we need to have a drink at dinner?  No, but it’s part of the fun for us. Same for a sporting event, family party, etc.  

no one has to get out of control, but I enjoy the right to have a drink. Not being able to have a beer at a football game would be a bummer. 

it is either going to be "deemed"safe to go to a game or its not. I just cant see a " middle it" scenario. 

Weare still 4 months away from games ...lots can change

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

it is either going to be "deemed"safe to go to a game or its not. I just cant see a " middle it" scenario. 

Weare still 4 months away from games ...lots can change

Agreed.    If it’s still consider unsafe to go to a game, jut don’t have them. I’m not a fan of the water down version of a regular season game.  That’s not an alcohol specific comment either.  I don’t go to many games a year, so when I do I splurge. It just may not be worth it to go. We’ll see.  I’m hopeful. 

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Going to a Bills game is like attending a party. It’s a chance to meet up with friends and have a good time. The party atmosphere along the game itself is the reason I go. Without the party element, I can just stay home. That doesn’t mean I’m being irresponsible, or don’t care about the game itself, but it’s what tips the scale in favor of me buying a ticket. 

No doubt.  I get equally as excited to see the group I go with as much as I do seeing a good game. With families and work, it’s one of the few times a year some of us motivate to get together.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Dude, they released the 2020 schedule last friggin night complete with preseason games cmon!?

There’s no way the league knows what will happen, no one does. They are just moving ahead under the assumption of normal. I hope they are correct, that’s all I can say.

• Like (+1) 3

because I like it and it’s fun

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I couldn’t care less about alcohol sales INSIDE the stadium.  But take away tailgating, and..... ???

Thats what cracks me up...people thinking somehow if i drink before and right up to I go in, somehow will not need to pee once i get in the gate! If the gate is that magical, should be able to stop the virus at the gate too!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:04 AM, foreboding said:

Good idea. If people can't watch without being hammered, stay home.

Why do people take the extreme argument approach to things?  Where was there any talk about being hammered? Yes, it is true, some fans get totally hammered. Too many for my taste---and I've been one of them in the past. I almost never get hammered anymore, but I still enjoy a few cocktails while watching a game. In fact, many of the people you see at the Mafia tailgate party aren't hammered at all. But many seem to act like it when they are together.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, 3rdand12 said:

The Fans in the Stadium will do what Fans do. some how some way

Have fun and cheer. B word and throw batteries or dildoes. we always make do with what is given , then take a bit more to make it fun.
I am wait and see to be honest.

and to be real

Money finds a way to make more money. NFL will come up with something to entertain Fans

Well put. And one of the reasons I seriously doubt there will be an alcohol ban should there be games with fans.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:10 PM, Margarita said:

Im surprised that to a great extent 2billsdrive posters are pretty calm/accepting of this if it is implemented. Are you Really Bills fans?? Im Kidding...kinda sorta haha

Me personally don't drink inside the stadium because I'll be damned if I gonna pay $13.00 for a beer im Cheap. I'm a fill up at the tailgate then sober through the game and hit the tailgate for maybe one waiting for traffic to subside kind of fan even better none after the game.

However one point (playing devils advocate)  is the NFL (theoretically) removing a choice that was before afforded the masses with zero input from said masses. Have the fans no say?

I mean they did cut off sales after (isnt it the third quarter or halftime) already in hopes of preventing  DUIs? That to me seems very reasonable. But to remove beer to alleviate folks from needing to stand in line for restrooms meh I dunno I think that's pretty weak. I could see it as more of a safety from DUI issue than safety from covid-19 issue but thats just me.

Calmness is the right reaction at the moment, IMO, because there is NOTHING to see here. It was simply a remark by a guy.  A "I can see this happening" with NOTHING else to support it. It is Peter King, but in this case, he's just a guy who has a column. There is no mention of rumors or something like "Talking with NFL insiders, I believe they may be thinking,,," Nope. Nothing of the sort. Just a guy thinking hypothetically out loud, in public.

is it necessary?  For most people I'd say, "probably not".  But do you spend your life doing ONLY what is absolutely necessary, and no more? Pretty dull way to go about your life, IMO.  Much, if not most, of life's enjoyable moments probably can be categorized as "not necessary".

And just take a second to think:  Why are there thousands of sports bars, but very few sports coffee shops or sports ice cream parlors? Alcohol is an enjoyable part of many modern American's lives. Having a drink while watching a game is tradition, maybe even a habit.  People hate to change their habits and cling to tradition.

Plus, as you may not know, drinking can be fun.

• Like (+1) 3