Talk of no alcohol at NFL games this season.

55 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

If they really do limit seating capacity to 15% or 20% how many people even want to go at that point?  It is going to kill the gameday atmosphere anyway.  Watching the game from my mancave never sounded better

I would! One of the most fun games I ever attended was the Bills-Giants strike game. Me and about 8,000 of my closest friends. At Weichecs in Kaisertown till about 3:30 watching early game, in our seats about 4.10, sit where ever you wanted..we actually had a blast!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I would! One of the most fun games I ever attended was the Bills-Giants strike game. Me and about 8,000 of my closest friends. At Weichecs in Kaisertown till about 3:30 watching early game, in our seats about 4.10, sit where ever you wanted..we actually had a blast!

I was at that game as well. It was the ‘buffaloed Bills vs Lawrence Taylor. LT nearly won the game by himself!

instead, Todd Sclopy goes down in Bills folklore! ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I was at that game as well. It was the ‘buffaloed Bills vs Lawrence Taylor. LT nearly won the game by himself!

instead, Todd Sclopy goes down in Bills folklore! ?

NFL knew the Bills were a team on the come, scheduling a 4PM national game for them!

Thats when i was a youngin and could make it through the Sunday night games...that night the Skins scabs beat the Cowboy regulars!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/4/2020 at 7:56 PM, Logic said:

If people want NFL games with fans in the stands, they’re gonna need to be a little flexible. If they feel that disallowing alcohol will reduce concourse foot traffic and irresponsible behavior, then so be it. For me, if it’s between no fans at games or fans but no alcohol, the choice is easy. Wanting NOTHING to change about the game day experience is unrealistic.

Also, I love a good beer as much as the next guy, but if people honestly can’t enjoy a day of football without drinking alcohol — If it’s really THAT critical to their enjoyment of the game and they can’t go three hours without it — perhaps they have a problem.

Besides: the rule would only be no alcohol sold in the stadium. Just drink BEFORE entering, if it’s that important to you.

Exactly. Have one or two more at your tailgate before entering if it's that big of a deal. I'd rather do that than spend $12-plus a piece for beers in the stadium anyway.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

If they really do limit seating capacity to 15% or 20% how many people even want to go at that point?  It is going to kill the gameday atmosphere anyway.  Watching the game from my mancave never sounded better

Limiting seating capacity like that is going to drive ticket prices in the resale market through the ROOF. "Hey, there's only 15,000 seats available for this particular game... how bad do you want them?"

8 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Exactly. Have one or two more at your tailgate before entering if it's that big of a deal. I'd rather do that than spend $12-plus a piece for beers in the stadium anyway.

Limiting seating capacity like that is going to drive ticket prices in the resale market through the ROOF. "Hey, there's only 15,000 seats available for this particular game... how bad do you want them?"

I'm not sure if I agree but you could be right.  I'm not even talking about the drinking and partying aspect but just in general if they really do only allow 15,000 people in it is going to feel like a preseason game or more like a high school football game.  I think that would drive the excitement level away from having to be at the game.  There's already a huge population of Bills fans that prefer watching the games from home as it is now.

21 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I have given up all alcohol consumption, so it's OK with me.

First they came for the alcohol, and I did not speak out—
     Because I did not drink alcohol.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Social distancing tailgate question:  what's the ruling say if I have a Kiko Alonso jersey I would like to barter away.....?

Everything has it’s limits......

:)

59 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm not sure if I agree but you could be right.  I'm not even talking about the drinking and partying aspect but just in general if they really do only allow 15,000 people in it is going to feel like a preseason game or more like a high school football game.  I think that would drive the excitement level away from having to be at the game.  There's already a huge population of Bills fans that prefer watching the games from home as it is now.

I agree, and not to turn away from the topic, but the whole “new normal” thing doesn’t appeal to me either. I’ll be back at games when the stadium can be filled to capacity. I understand taking precautions, but I’m not capable of living life in fear, no matter how justified. I don’t want to go to a game with 15,000 people where everyone who crosses paths needs to remember the six foot rule, and treat each other as if they have the plague. I deal with it to buy groceries, I’d rather watch the game in the comfort of my home under a limited capacity situation. If 15,000 fans showed up, and it wasn’t due to the virus, I think it’d fun. I just don’t have any desire to go out to have a good time, only to be reminded how messed up the world is right now. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Social distancing tailgate question:  what's the ruling say if I have a Kiko Alonso jersey I would like to barter away.....?

I’d say social distancing need not apply, because Coronavirus is the least of your concerns. 

22 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, and not to turn away from the topic, but the whole “new normal” thing doesn’t appeal to me either. I’ll be back at games when the stadium can be filled to capacity. I understand taking precautions, but I’m not capable of living life in fear, no matter how justified. I don’t want to go to a game with 15,000 people where everyone who crosses paths needs to remember the six foot rule, and treat each other as if they have the plague. I deal with it to buy groceries, I’d rather watch the game in the comfort of my home under a limited capacity situation. If 15,000 fans showed up, and it wasn’t due to the virus, I think it’d fun. I just don’t have any desire to go out to have a good time, only to be reminded how messed up the world is right now. 

I’d say social distancing need not apply, because Coronavirus is the least of your concerns. 

I couldn't agree more.  The whole point of going to a football game is to get away from the rest of life's stress anyway and live in the moment.  If there is going to be a bunch of regulations and guidelines I just wouldn't enjoy myself.  Would rather watch the game at home on the big screen stocked up on beer.  Best seat in the house 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, Limeaid said:

Yea who minds losing some brain cells to fight Covid-19? 

Probably needs to be part of boilermakers to get enough percentage of alcohol. 

Geez, Boilermakers sound like my Dads generation !

How about some Depth Charges  : )

we do what we can.

Go Bills !

The Fans in the Stadium will do what Fans do. some how some way

Have fun and cheer. B word and throw batteries or dildoes. we always make do with what is given , then take a bit more to make it fun.
I am wait and see to be honest.

and to be real

Money finds a way to make more money. NFL will come up with something to entertain Fans

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wear a mask. Not because of the virus, but because you're attempting to commit a robbery.

• Haha (+1) 1