Talk of no alcohol at NFL games this season.

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Only if you are from New England. 

Anyone from there is corrupt and under the influence of the sith master.

It may not work but it will not hurt.

Kraft and BB are Smith Masters.  Never one, always, never more, never less (today).  Now that Brady is gone, Vader is back to Anicon.

Hate auto correct.  Yoda. 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

He didn’t say that. He said the NFL would encourage people over 70 not to come. Why is that hard to believe? It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Because it doesn’t make sense to me. The stats show that being 60, or even 50 plus can be really bad with this virus. 70 isn’t some magic number, and it’s just another random bit of nonsense someone threw out. They’ll also need to encourage anyone with pre existing conditions to stay home, regardless of age. For that matter, maybe they should just ask men to stay home since this virus is twice as deadly to men.

My point is that 70 isn’t some magic number. If all we need to do is protect people over 70, why not end this all, and just tell people 70 plus to stay home. Yes, older people are more likely to suffer complications from this virus, but 70 isn’t the magic number where it becomes dangerous. The virus becomes more fatal as age increases,  like anything else, but is being 62 any better than being 70? Not really. If age suggestions are in place for stadium admittance, that means there will be no fans this year imo. The point of prohibiting large gathering is to protect those vulnerable to the virus as well. If you have 70,000 thirty year olds gathered in a stadium passing germs, they bring them back into the community to pass on to the older folks as well. There won’t be fans if we are still this concerned with the virus in the fall imo. I’m not an expert by any means, but I just don’t see this scenario. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Americans act like spoiled toddlers when they’re told they’re not allowed to do things.

I’ll be a toddler on this one, because if all I hear is Covid 19 news 24/7 into the fall, I’ll need beer more than ever. There’s nothing I’d love more right now than the diversion of going to game and drinking beer. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It does seem reasonable but the rationale behind the booze ban in completely nonsensical.  It's ok to have 80k people together but cutting down on their bathroom trips will stop the virus?  That's just a manifestation of mini dictator morons with a bloated sense of their own intellect.  And I could give two craps about booze.  

We are all safe. There isn't a virus on Earth that could survive more than 5 minutes in the bathrooms at New Era Field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Or it’s a good place to build a robust immune system. 

This may rub some the wrong way, but......I always used to snicker at those who wiped down their shopping cart at the grocery store. I remember when the kids were young and went off to school, sharing germs until everybody got sick.

I never wiped my cart down because I felt like my immune system needed a workout, and I almost never get sick. My wife was more careful, got her flu shot every year, and usually got the flu. 

January was the most sick I’ve been since 1992. I coughed my lungs out and my torso felt like I’d been beaten! 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Americans act like spoiled toddlers when they’re told they’re not allowed to do things.

EXACTLY!!!! Ever serve this country? I did and guess what? Your ‘freedoms’ are infringed upon. Ever work for anyone else? Your ‘freedoms’ are infringed upon. 

Pretty sure they call it, in even mildly educated circles, as being decent and adhering to the hierarchy and societal norms. Neither are an infringement! ? 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

This may rub some the wrong way, but......I always used to snicker at those who wiped down their shopping cart at the grocery store. I remember when the kids were young and went off to school, sharing germs until everybody got sick.

I never wiped my cart down because I felt like my immune system needed a workout, and I almost never get sick. My wife was more careful, got her flu shot every year, and usually got the flu. 

January was the most sick I’ve been since 1992. I coughed my lungs out and my torso felt like I’d been beaten! 

Yup, rubbed the wrong way. 

Im pretty sure there’s a ‘That’s what she said’ joke there but I’ll leave it at that. ? 

• Thank you (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Because it doesn’t make sense to me. The stats show that being 60, or even 50 plus can be really bad with this virus. 70 isn’t some magic number, and it’s just another random bit of nonsense someone threw out. They’ll also need to encourage anyone with pre existing conditions to stay home, regardless of age. For that matter, maybe they should just ask men to stay home since this virus is twice as deadly to men.

My point is that 70 isn’t some magic number. If all we need to do is protect people over 70, why not end this all, and just tell people 70 plus to stay home. Yes, older people are more likely to suffer complications from this virus, but 70 isn’t the magic number where it becomes dangerous. The virus becomes more fatal as age increases,  like anything else, but is being 62 any better than being 70? Not really. If age suggestions are in place for stadium admittance, that means there will be no fans this year imo. The point of prohibiting large gathering is to protect those vulnerable to the virus as well. If you have 70,000 thirty year olds gathered in a stadium passing germs, they bring them back into the community to pass on to the older folks as well. There won’t be fans if we are still this concerned with the virus in the fall imo. I’m not an expert by any means, but I just don’t see this scenario. 

So my wife had a friend from high school that booked a flight in very early March to come visit us in south Florida mid-march. If the flight had been the next day I would have said heck no, she needs to cancel, but seeing it was a bit less than three weeks away, I just let it ride and things took care of themselves in terms of people not flying.

This will be the same way...lol at thinking there will be 70k screaming people in stadiums...screaming and spitting on all the people in the rows below them. I mean it's not impossible I guess, but I think setting your slim hopes on any season at all would be a better use of your time...lol and at the start of flu season where the beds are going to fill up from that already...(I know I may come across like I think this is funny, it's not, it really sucks...I have a 4 month old that I'm concerned that a lot of my family basically halfway across the country in rochester that I'm not sure when he will see them...genuinely could be years...unless we move north a ways, which is looking very likely).

Wait, I'm not taking my advice and just letting it ride...yeah we'll see, hopefully they let people drink, but whatever, I don't usually drink inside sporting events too much, because it makes me miss too much of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

EXACTLY!!!! Ever serve this country? I did and guess what? Your ‘freedoms’ are infringed upon. Ever work for anyone else? Your ‘freedoms’ are infringed upon. 

Pretty sure they call it, in even mildly educated circles, as being decent and adhering to the hierarchy and societal norms. Neither are an infringement! ? 

Yup, rubbed the wrong way. 

Im pretty sure there’s a ‘That’s what she said’ joke there but I’ll leave it at that. ? 

Patton Oswalt said it best:

”Anne Frank spent 2 years hiding in an attic and we’ve been home for just over a month with Netflix, food delivery & video games and there are people risking viral death by storming state capital buildings & screaming, “Open Fuddruckers!””

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

”Anne Frank spent 2 years hiding in an attic and we’ve been home for just over a month with Netflix, food delivery & video games and there are people risking viral death by storming state capital buildings & screaming, “Open Fuddruckers!””

God bless you, Coach!!!!!

I remember on my second deployment being gone through Thanksgiving and Christmas (and the first Bills vs Cowboys SB...OK, that was a blessing ?) and thinking how hard it was. By the third or fourth day I accepted it. What do I get from complaining? NOTHING!!!

Our mission mattered and the good of the many far surpassed my desire to be home. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Easy for guys like Oswalt to say when their livelihoods aren’t dependent on a business or going to work. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

At this point I'm still leaning towards there won't actually be a season this year

Totally agree. I feel that everyone just assumes that the NFL is teflon and September is so far away. Reality may tell a different story.  I'd be really surprised if the season starts on time. I just don't see it.

• Like (+1) 3