Talk of no alcohol at NFL games this season.

After watching the video's of Bills Mafia diving off of small bridge type over passes onto tables it might be a good thing but maybe they could replace it with some gonna then their wings sales would go through the roof it's a win win !! 

I cant wait to see a world, where the CDC tries to claim that a porta-potty in the parkinglot, is less likely to get me sick, then a crowded nfl stadium selling beer to fans. I just dont see this happening. Its either going to be a full stadium, or no fans at all.

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

What’s the point of Golfing,Bowling, going to a football game and marriage without alcohol?

agreed.  i don't think i'd even bother to own a grill if i couldn't enjoy it with alcohol.  

• Like (+1) 2

in related news, citing civil rights controversies over his assistant "Black Pete" and animal rights protests over use of reindeer, Santa Claus, has decided it is a good time to resign.

In a statement released by his spokesperson, Mr Claus states, "People just don't want to deal with old white folks anymore, regardless of the gifts. I got sick of the constant complaining too: Reindeer droppings over the North Pole, contributing to mindless consumerism, all the environmental whining about packaging. It just isn't worth it any more. Jesus Christ called and offered me a few weeks off with pay to reconsider, but I'm really done this time."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I foresee a concession that is selling pre packaged food and beverages only. Nothing that is open to contact or air. So sealed food and beverages, like water, soda pop, and possibly beer. No open air food at all, so popcorn sales, etc...forget it. It will be sealed foods like pre prepared pizzas or dogs. Nothing that has been exposed to open air after cooking. 

17 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

All the "talk" I see here is simply a one-off, random piece of speculation by King. No rumor, no source---no talk. Just "I could see..."   And for now, at least, there is NOTHING to see here.

With that said, "I could see alcohol consumption at tailgate parties increasing significantly."

15 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Patton Oswalt said it best:

”Anne Frank spent 2 years hiding in an attic and we’ve been home for just over a month with Netflix, food delivery & video games and there are people risking viral death by storming state capital buildings & screaming, “Open Fuddruckers!””

And Patton Oswalt is an entitled rich dude who still has his health insurance, not worried about buying meds for his sick kids, not worried about his company going permanently out of business and the economy being in depression..and oh boy what a great environment for a mid 50's dude to find a new job...and MOST IMPORTANTLY...perfectly happy to see food delivery folks, truck drivers, people who work in food processing plants..all of them there low lives need to go out and work so that he can pontificate from his home about why is EVERYBODY not staying home.

In his world, the people who count are staying home, the people working now are replaceable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

All the "talk" I see here is simply a one-off, random piece of speculation by King. No rumor, no source---no talk. Just "I could see..."   And for now, at least, there is NOTHING to see here.

With that said, "I could see alcohol consumption at tailgate parties increasing significantly."

It is just a random piece, but when you connect it with the piece on what the Dolphins are planning for in terms of fans - a bigger picture begins to come into focus.

I am sure just like schools, hospitals, restaurants, etc - football teams are being asked to think about and model ways to play with No fans, 10% of capacity, 25% capacity, and even 50% and full capacity and protect players, other fans, and workers.  

It would not surprise me in the least if once they allow fans into the game - if we see a cap at between 10-25% capacity ~ 8 - 15,000 fans and that all parking is in stadium lots with little to no tailgating to maintain social distancing.  

I could also see a limit on what they will sell at the game with fewer vendors and more order/delivery type service to help restrict corridor traffic and specific plans for entering and exiting the stadium.

I really expect the 2020 season for fans to be nothing like what we have experienced in the past and maybe once things settle down the old routine can return.

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

And Patton Oswalt is an entitled rich dude who still has his health insurance, not worried about buying meds for his sick kids, not worried about his company going permanently out of business and the economy being in depression..and oh boy what a great environment for a mid 50's dude to find a new job...and MOST IMPORTANTLY...perfectly happy to see food delivery folks, truck drivers, people who work in food processing plants..all of them there low lives need to go out and work so that he can pontificate from his home about why is EVERYBODY not staying home.

In his world, the people who count are staying home, the people working now are replaceable. 

Multimillionaires on their 50 acre estates who spend their days riding around on their side by sides that cost more than most people's cars and lounging in their massive gardens can't understand why people who can't pay their bills and don't even have a porch for fresh air can't just stay in their apartments with the windows shut and watch TV for the next 6-12 months.

What's the big deal? You're being asked to swim in your half acre pool, eat scallops and steak for dinner, and watch the sunset over the mountains on the upstairs deck before hitting the hot tub.

You want to run your business? So selfish....

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1