Talk of no alcohol at NFL games this season.

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I quit reading when he said he could see a scenario with no fans over 70 allowed. It proves the entire article is a hack. 

Makes sense from an epidemological viewpoint, but a non starter from a legal point of view.  Age discrimination.

As for no alcohol at the games, I go for the football, no problem for me personally.  And, maybe I won't have to dodge the drunks when I do attend.

Edited by bigK14094

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Makes sense from an epidemological viewpoint, but a non starter from a legal point of view.  Age discrimination.

As for no alcohol at the games, I go for the football, no problem for me personally.  And, maybe I won't have to dodge the drunks when I do attend.

Yeah, I read the article slightly wrong, as someone pointed out. I guess they might “suggest” fans over 70 stay home. Just seems like an arbitrary number written by someone without much knowledge. I rarely see anyone over 70 at New Era anyway. I’d assume that crowd is more likely to be in a suite or something to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Once you give up freedom it's harder to get it back. 

Amen. If they don’t sell beer in the name of Covid 19, it will never come back. If people are good with it this season, it’s never coming back. 

47 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Patton Oswalt said it best:

”Anne Frank spent 2 years hiding in an attic and we’ve been home for just over a month with Netflix, food delivery & video games and there are people risking viral death by storming state capital buildings & screaming, “Open Fuddruckers!””

ahh, the old “Anne Frank had it worse” argument.  Right up there with “they don’t even HAVE the NFL in the Congo!!!”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll probably sneak in alcohol too!!

In your veins? Sneaky of you! 

It just means a more extreme search going in. Krafty might pay extra to go through the regular people  line.......just for the pat down!   :)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If this happens, there will be a lot of ziplock bags inside underwear.

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And also, people will be smuggling alcohol into the stadium!

Why stop there? I'm cruising for a cavity search!! ? :wub: Plenty of room in here to hide your stash, just have to hit the port-o-potty pregame :death:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Idiotic. Reasoning is to decrease trips to bathrooms?... people are just gonna drink more of whatever else is available. 

not to mention drink more pre game. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Patton Oswalt said it best:

”Anne Frank spent 2 years hiding in an attic and we’ve been home for just over a month with Netflix, food delivery & video games and there are people risking viral death by storming state capital buildings & screaming, “Open Fuddruckers!””

yeah, and some of those people at home just lost their jobs.  

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s a touring comedian.  Pretty sure he’s not getting gigs right now.

pretty sure he’s a millionaire who does not need to be working.  

Edited by RyanC883

5 hours ago, stuvian said:

Have fun at the games  by yourself. I'm sure you'll get a great seat 

Wow,  you wouldn't want to go to a Bills game if there wasn't alcohol!?

I can't believe that many feel likewise?  The games are great, beer is not essential to that.

And maybe a lot less fights too.

Win. Win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Wow,  you wouldn't want to go to a Bills game if there wasn't alcohol!?

I can't believe that many feel likewise?  The games are great, beer is not essential to that.

And maybe a lot less fights too.

Win. Win.

Except since alcohol was not available they would turn off water faucets (as they have done in past) and raise prices of bottled water.

Maybe add some specialty bottled water at $20 ea.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Age discrimination just needs a rational basis. Legally, that is a pretty easy hurdle.

I don’t really care about alcohol, and even if they do open up to 15,000 seats, I won’t be going to a game.  I can certainly enjoy it from my couch.  I don’t see how they can get away with the age discrimination as that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.  They can put in the tickets discouraging people over a certain age not to go, but they won’t Bam them.

Ban