Talk of no alcohol at NFL games this season.

40 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Doesn’t alcohol kill germs? Maybe more alcohol is the solution?

If only we could find a way to, you know, get it inside of people.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is funny as hell, for many “fans” getting drunk is far more important than actual football, oh the gnashing of teeth, oh my “rights” are being violated, damn it hurts more when I use use my body to break tables when I’m not drunk, my azs hole boss is pissed off  that I come to work hungover every Monday, damn it I got rights to be obnoxious to anyone I wanna be obnoxious to, this is Merica damn it. For the love of god someone get me a beer... ?????

... meanwhile back at the ranch, our hero... ? 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

They should put some tents up and inject the fans with chlorox on the way in.

Only if you are from New England. 

Anyone from there is corrupt and under the influence of the sith master.

It may not work but it will not hurt.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I quit reading when he said he could see a scenario with no fans over 70 allowed. It proves the entire article is a hack. 

He didn’t say that. He said the NFL would encourage people over 70 not to come. Why is that hard to believe? It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Beer kills covid 19

Fact

I am living proof.

silliest idea ever to ban alcohol.

Yea who minds losing some brain cells to fight Covid-19? 

Probably needs to be part of boilermakers to get enough percentage of alcohol. 

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

Wonder how that would affect tailgating?

Probably zero effect.

The NFL can only effect sales in the stands,

It would be up to the county to suppress alcohol use in the parking lots.

This thread sounded intriguing. So I went to the site. It's an article written by some guy who looks like he's 15 years old on a country music radio station web site. This child riffs on some speculation he found in a Peter King column and makes it the main point. Not what I call reliable. 

Here is the quote that makes up the centerpiece of the little boy's column. Notice there is NO ATTRIBUTION. It's pure speculation. And the original quote is buried deep in Peter King's column ... but then maybe this little boy's understanding of the Buffalo market is better than what I give him credit for:
 "Icould see the NFL, if and when fans are allowed to come to games, advising anyone over 70 to not come. I could see alcohol being banned at games for the year. (Meaning, theoretically, fewer trips to crowded rest rooms through crowded concourses by patrons.)" 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

He didn’t say that. He said the NFL would encourage people over 70 not to come. Why is that hard to believe? It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

It does seem reasonable but the rationale behind the booze ban in completely nonsensical.  It's ok to have 80k people together but cutting down on their bathroom trips will stop the virus?  That's just a manifestation of mini dictator morons with a bloated sense of their own intellect.  And I could give two craps about booze.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If people want NFL games with fans in the stands, they’re gonna need to be a little flexible. If they feel that disallowing alcohol will reduce concourse foot traffic and irresponsible behavior, then so be it. For me, if it’s between no fans at games or fans but no alcohol, the choice is easy. Wanting NOTHING to change about the game day experience is unrealistic.

Also, I love a good beer as much as the next guy, but if people honestly can’t enjoy a day of football without drinking alcohol — If it’s really THAT critical to their enjoyment of the game and they can’t go three hours without it — perhaps they have a problem.

Besides: the rule would only be no alcohol sold in the stadium. Just drink BEFORE entering, if it’s that important to you.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It does seem reasonable but the rationale behind the booze ban in completely nonsensical.  It's ok to have 80k people together but cutting down on their bathroom trips will stop the virus?  That's just a manifestation of mini dictator morons with a bloated sense of their own intellect.  And I could give two craps about booze.  

You seem angry.