RIP Don Shula

10 minutes ago, arcane said:

The funny thing about this is that I've read about 5 different fan forums' threads on this topic today. They were uniform in their respect and admiration. Except for one fan base. 

I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about - the nicest comment in the thread was "I could say some things, but I won't, and will just say RIP." or something to that effect. It was downhill from there.

Scumbags over there in Bahhhhston 

To be fair, most of them have only been fans since 2001 so they probably don't even know who Shula was

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

To be fair, most of them have only been fans since 2001 so they probably don't even know who Shula was

They’re the worst fans and the most disgusting. God how I wish the pats relocated like they originally planned before kraft bought them. 

Some of you may know that I have lived down here in Miami since law school. I used to work with one of Don Shula's daughters and became good friends with her.  Because I grew up in Buffalo and am a lifelong Bills fan, she always knew that our friendship was genuine and had nothing to do with who her father was or the Dolphins.

In short, Don was a great guy and was extremely nice to me. I remember having a great conversation in his office, which was filled with an amazing amount of trophies, cool photos, and other memorabilia.  We talked about the Bills-Dolphins rivalry, how they beat us 20 games in a row, and that no matter how much us Bills fans disliked the Dolphins (as we now dislike the Pats), we always respected Coach Shula. He told me how impressed he was with us Bills fans and how much he respected us.

Coach Shula is a legend. May his memory be eternal.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

RIP Coach Shula.  Loved the fact that he migrated from Crash, Bash and Dash with Csonka, Kiick and Morris to Air Marino..

Favorite Shula quote was from Bum Phillips:

He can take his'n and beat your'n and he can take your'n and beat his'n

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Some of you may know that I have lived down here in Miami since law school. I used to work with one of Don Shula's daughters and became good friends with her.  Because I grew up in Buffalo and am a lifelong Bills fan, she always knew that our friendship was genuine and had nothing to do with who her father was or the Dolphins.

In short, Don was a great guy and was extremely nice to me. I remember having a great conversation in his office, which was filled with an amazing amount of trophies, cool photos, and other memorabilia.  We talked about the Bills-Dolphins rivalry, how they beat us 20 games in a row, and that no matter how much us Bills fans disliked the Dolphins (as we now dislike the Pats), we always respected Coach Shula. He told me how impressed he was with us Bills fans and how much he respected us.

Coach Shula is a legend. May his memory be eternal.

I was a grad student at Biscayne College/St. Thomas University.  My graduate assistant job was supervised by a priest who said daily mass in the chapel.  I rolled out of bed twice a week or so to make daily mass.  Don and Dorothy were always there.  He loved Fr. Gerry (the priest) and so I got to ride coattails in post-mass conversations. He gave me some great jabs during the losing streak but a man of faith, grace, class and generosity. 

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I was a grad student at Biscayne College/St. Thomas University.  My graduate assistant job was supervised by a priest who said daily mass in the chapel.  I rolled out of bed twice a week or so to make daily mass.  Don and Dorothy were always there.  He loved Fr. Gerry (the priest) and so I got to ride coattails in post-mass conversations. He gave me some great jabs during the losing streak but a man of faith, grace, class and generosity. 

Thank you for sharing.

So true!

I, like I'm sure many others on this board, was at Shula's last game.  The game was 12/30/1995.  The Bills beat the Dolphins 37-22.  To this date, it was the last time the Bills won a playoff game.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

Dude just seemed like a classy, good guy.  He seemed so relaxed and chill.  Players Must have loved playing for him.  I had a lot of respect for the guy Marv owned. ?  RIP to a great one. 

55 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I, like I'm sure many others on this board, was at Shula's last game.  The game was 12/30/1995.  The Bills beat the Dolphins 37-22.  To this date, it was the last time the Bills won a playoff game.  

Now that’s depressing. 

A true legend.

He will be forever linked to the Buffalo Bills for all the classic battles we shared in the late 80s and 90s(and yes I will give him his due for owning us during the 70s as much as that hurts)

Does not matter to me how much time goes by, those Bills Dolphins games during my childhood in the 90s will always be legendary to me.

RIP Coach, 90 years is a hell of a run

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dorquemada said:

A .658 career winning percentage!  Wow!  RIP coach.  And to think they replaced him with the Pork Faced Satan

I had forgotten that. So Satan replaced 2 icons in Landry and Shula.