RIP Don Shula

Basically what people have said in true integrity, and discipline.  He was always a person who demonstrated such high character, and evolved with his talent.  He completely changed his style of coaching when he was fortunate to draft Marino.

Im fortunate I’m old enough to say I’ve watched Shula teams, as well as those historic Brady/Manning games, etc. Something to talk to you’re kids about like my dad talking to me about Jim Brown, Bart Starr, Lombardi and so on.  I love his old stories of the NY Giants from the days of Frank Gifford and soon.

We’ll miss you Coach, even us staunch Bills fans who had to suffer through you kicking our buts for the entire 1970’s.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

A .658 career winning percentage!  Wow!  RIP coach.  And to think they replaced him with the Pork Faced Satan

Jimmy Johnson was a snake in the grass who got lucky with the Hershell walker trade and was a flame out in Miami. I really hated how Hizenga handled that whole ordeal and how he forced Shula into retirement.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

And to think they replaced him with the Pork Faced Satan

I had to go look up and remind myself of who you are referencing.............hilarious!

RIP Coach Shula, you brought a ton of fun to NFL Sundays in my youth.

Edited by Seasons1992

My earliest memories of watching Bills games are of my father screaming “stroke out Shula” at the TV. I learned early on in life to hate the Dolphins, Dan Marino, and the entire Dolphins Organization. 

What i didn’t know then, that i know now, is that greatness is often obscured by jealousy. Coach Shula set a standard that many greats since then have emulated. God speed Coach, May you rest in Power. 

Go Bills. 

Bad Breath Funny Quotes: top 15 famous sayings about Bad Breath Funny

As a Bills fan I always acted like I hated Coach Shula but in reality I respected him and the manner in which he approached the game.

I always admired how candid he would be even when other professionals and tv announcers just weren't. 

328-156-6 and no significant scandals that I'm aware of.

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Like Bum Phillips used to say, “He can take hizzin and beat yourin or take yourin and beat hizzin.”  Can’t think of a better way to say “great coach.” RIP, coach. 

• Like (+1) 3

In 32 seasons as a head coach, Don Shula had only two losing seasons. That is beyond incredible.

There is a legitimate case to be made that he is the greatest head coach of all time. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

In 32 seasons as a head coach, Don Shula had only two losing seasons. That is beyond incredible.

There is a legitimate case to be made that he is the greatest head coach of all time. 

And as I hinted.  He didn't need to cheat or have the Refs at his beckon call to win.

Or Rodger destroying the evidence in SpyGate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1