Utah coach on ESPN last night

4 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

He mentioned that in 2018 Zach led the nation in total yards from scrimmage.  That's pretty impressive, right?  

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Definitely.

Also, you have to give a lot of credit to Utah's coach, Kyle Whittingham, for the Utes being able to produce some very good teams and players during his time there.

Utah is not an area where people automatically think of great college football, even with Brigham Young's moment of dominance in the mid 80's, but the Utes have a come a long way and have become a top team in the Pacific 12.

Utah has been a good program for probably 20 years now

And I don't think that coach was correct about him leading the nation in yards from scrimmage in 18, that would have been Jonathan Taylor

Moss was 11th last year in yards from scrimmage

5 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

When asked about Zach Moss,

Hey he's on the Bills now so let's spell his name correctly please.  Zack Moss.  Zaccheus Malik Moss is his given name.

Zack Moss was a really solid pick. I think he will be a quality 4.3 to 4.5 ypc between the tackles runner. I think by the end of their first season together Moss and Singletary will be viewed as one of the best young RB duos in the league. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I had a top 5 RB list,  a lower list of okay players and Moss in between the two groups.   I thought we were screwed when we passed over Dobbins (taken next by the Ravens who are swooning over him here in the Baltimore area), because Moss was going to be gone before our next pick, regardless of how much we might move up.  Getting him in the third made everything good again.  Dobbins and somebody else at #86 is nowhere as good as Espensa and Moss.  I think we were damn lucky.

I think that a coming thing in the NFL is the small fast running back who is also a legitimate wide receiver.  Swift, Helaire and Gipson are such players. 

I can see why Beane was so anxious that he was willing to proactively trade up to prevent some other team from doing so.  Gipson is more of a gadget RB/WR that doesn't run between the tackles and is more WR we were told.  He is pretty tall to be a between the tackles runner.  The other two taken, Dillon and Vaughn, are lesser talents at this time.  Moss has shown much more as an all-around player.  If we had the typical war room video of the draft, I bet we would have seen lots of smiles, high fives and back slaps after pick #85 was made.  Lucky indeed.

2020 Drafted RBs.JPG

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 2

(As I said before the dual WR/RB may be the coming thing,, but)

What I want to see is if this kid could do the things that T.Thomas used to do.

The Bills hike the ball to Kelly in the shotgun.  3 WR and a TE.

The OLine sets up in pass blocking and the waltz partners push around while Jimbo drops back and looks downfield.

TT  helps block somebody and the saunders a few yards deeper than the LOS.

He talks to the linebacker:  "Hey, do you guys have submarine sandwiches in the locker room at halftime?"

"Shut up,  I'm busy now" is the reply" from the linebacker.

Kelly lobs a 6 yard pass and TT takes it  23 yards for much more.

That is what I want to see from Moss this coming year.

49 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought you were from Arizona? ?

Nope.  I've lived in 9 states, but never Arizona.  In Alaska  now.  I kept my online name.  I was John in CA, then John in VA, then Utah John. 

Grew up in West Seneca and WNY is still home.

21 hours ago, Happy said:

I don't remember that.  What did Jimbo say, if you don't mind?

I can’t remember exactly, but it was something to the effect that he told everyone that EJ would not be a successful QB in the NFL.

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

I can’t remember exactly, but it was something to the effect that he told everyone that EJ would not be a successful QB in the NFL.

Well, he was right.  Buffalo was definitely not the right environment for EJ, who had no chance of succeeding here, especially as a starter.  

I'm a little surprised at the number of coaches who warned on their former players as you and others in this thread have pointed out.

23 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I just sat there and ate a bunch of food...forgot what I was doing.

???

On 5/4/2020 at 9:01 AM, ExWNYer said:

You buried the lead...

Did people get cold food because you were waiting in your car for Utah's coach to finish his interview? ?

???      My laughing at this needed it's own beyond the normal reaction choices. ??

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/4/2020 at 9:55 AM, TC in St. Louis said:

I was driving around doing DoorDash last night, listening to ESPN radio, when the Utah coach came on for an interview.  They had 7 guys drafted.  When asked about Zach Moss, he said he thought he was the best running back in the draft (of course he would say that).  He said he can do everything.  Run inside, outside, pass block, catch passes, and he's just a great player.  He said he thought he would be a very productive NFL player for the Buffalo Bills.

Solid, Pete.  

Probably not worth its own thread.  

Clyde Edwards was the best but im happy with Beastmode Jr.

What is door dash?