NFL Schedule leaks

52 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The idea, so they say, is that by scheduling NFC v. AFC games to start the year if COVID forces a change, those games are the easiest to be rid of without implications on the playoffs.

One thing I will say, if you rank our hardest opponents I’d say the 4 in the west are all pretty high on the list.. that first run will prove a great test!

So... are we rooting for virus or what?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

So... are we rooting for virus or what?

The rest of the division plays em too guys.  

This whole schedule is so much tougher narrative is overblown imo. Again , there's so much roster change (for other teams) and injuries , that it's just unpredictable. 

36 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This whole schedule is so much tougher narrative is overblown imo. Again , there's so much roster change (for other teams) and injuries , that it's just unpredictable. 

Eh. 6 of the opponents the Bills played last year picked in the top 11. Two of them were divisional opponents, so that’s 8 games. We went 6-2 against those teams. I don’t think it’s crazy to suggest that number will likely be lower next year.

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Eh. 6 of the opponents the Bills played last year picked in the top 11. Two of them were divisional opponents, so that’s 8 games. We went 6-2 against those teams. I don’t think it’s crazy to suggest that number will likely be lower next year.

#FireChans

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

As a general observation, the quality of the defenses they face in 2020 is about the same based on last year's DVOA rankings.  There is a 1 for 1 swap in similar team defenses.  SF for Bal, LAR for Phi, Sea for Dal, LAC for Cle, Ari for Was, Oak for Cin, Pit, Ten and Den remain.

It was the D that had the easier time with last year's schedule and will face a tougher one this year.  They faced a handful of QBs soon to be replaced.  I think the offense needs to score 400+ points to get 10+ wins and they are primed to do just that.  All this is to say that the schedule for 2020 does not seem so daunting to me and they should be the AFCE team best equipped to handle it.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

The NFL is smart to do this as I love the optimism of scheduling games like usual for September.  They basically have two contingency plans depending on the severity of the tomhanksvirus.  If they can't start the season until October they can push the four NFC games at the start of the schedule to the end of it in January.  If it can't start until November they can have a shortened 12 game season playing only AFC teams. 

I  expect us to have more home games in the first half of the season than the second half due to fear of January weather in Buffalo.

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

It really isn't that unpredictable. Maye covid makes it more unpredictable this year because of truncated offseasons.... but generally it is really not that hard to work out who will be good and who will be bad year to year. I remember the 2nd Rex season we played Arizona at home early doors and everyone thinking that was a really tough game and I said "nah, Arizona have missed their window they are going to struggle this year." Lo and behold they went 7-9. The reason a lot of fans say it is too unpredictable is they don't pay that much attention to the rest of the league aside from their own team. And that is fine, and understandable. And while you always miss on a couple (I missed on San Fran last year) I think generally you can tell who will and won't be good.

The NFC West teams are legit teams. That is the best division in football right now. Then add in the Superbowl Champs and there are 5 really tough games. I agree though that of the 4 AFC East teams the one best suited to ride that tougher schedule and win the division is Buffalo. But I remain where I have been most of the way since last season..... if the Bills want to make the post-season they will have to do it as divisional champs. Even with the extra wildcard I don't expect a wildcard team to come out of the AFCE this season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The NFL is smart to do this as I love the optimism of scheduling games like usual for September.  They basically have two contingency plans depending on the severity of the tomhanksvirus.  If they can't start the season until October they can push the four NFC games at the start of the schedule to the end of it in January.  If it can't start until November they can have a shortened 12 game season playing only AFC teams. 

I  expect us to have more home games in the first half of the season than the second half due to fear of January weather in Buffalo.

If the season does have a delayed start then that will make those playoff games at New Era in February an adventure trying to stay warm. Maybe have to snowmobile it to the game as well.

If they do NFC v AFC in weeks 1-4, and it is done with 2 home and 2 away back to back, which makes sense, we would likely be on the road to start as they won’t want to wait till week 3 to debut the Rams new stadium (especially since the rams will get the first game, not the chargers)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the season does have a delayed start then that will make those playoff games at New Era in February an adventure trying to stay warm. Maybe have to snowmobile it to the game as well.

Not if it was this year, Jan/Feb we got hardly any snow & temps were above average.  In fact this weekend we are supposed to get a polar vortex which they said will be the first of the season, which unbelievable we are in May.

Edited by Gordio

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If they do NFC v AFC in weeks 1-4, and it is done with 2 home and 2 away back to back, which makes sense, we would likely be on the road to start as they won’t want to wait till week 3 to debut the Rams new stadium (especially since the rams will get the first game, not the chargers)

Hadn't thought about this, good point 

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Why not just plan for an October start and play the super bowl at the end of February?

That way you can play a whole season and hopefully with more fans

You could play the Super Bowl in March. From a sports standpoint once the Super Bowl is over their is really nothing going on until baseball starts in April except for the couple weeks of March madness. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You could play the Super Bowl in March. From a sports standpoint once the Super Bowl is over their is really nothing going on until baseball starts in April except for the couple weeks of March madness. 

Exactly! 

I think most NFL fans would GLADLY wait until early to mid October for football if it meant a full season with at least some fans. That extra month of delay could make a ton of difference, given that there are multiple trials of half a dozen different vaccines going on all around the world right now, not to mention dozens of studies on effective treatments. 

In this environment,  where all of the world's greatest medical and scientific minds are focused on solving one problem, things are moving at light speed. A month is an eternity. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

As a general observation, the quality of the defenses they face in 2020 is about the same based on last year's DVOA rankings.  There is a 1 for 1 swap in similar team defenses.  SF for Bal, LAR for Phi, Sea for Dal, LAC for Cle, Ari for Was, Oak for Cin, Pit, Ten and Den remain.

It was the D that had the easier time with last year's schedule and will face a tougher one this year.  They faced a handful of QBs soon to be replaced.  I think the offense needs to score 400+ points to get 10+ wins and they are primed to do just that.  All this is to say that the schedule for 2020 does not seem so daunting to me and they should be the AFCE team best equipped to handle it.

Exactly. Facing Dalton, Eli, and Mariota isn’t gonna happen this year.

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Exactly! 

I think most NFL fans would GLADLY wait until early to mid October for football if it meant a full season with at least some fans. That extra month of delay could make a ton of difference, given that there are multiple trials of half a dozen different vaccines going on all around the world right now, not to mention dozens of studies on effective treatments. 

In this environment,  where all of the world's greatest medical and scientific minds are focused on solving one problem, things are moving at light speed. A month is an eternity. 

To add on to what you mentioned it would also shorten the offseason for the 2021 season. I hate the Monday after the Super Bowl knowing we have 7 months until the next regular season game or 6 if you count preseason.