NFL Schedule leaks

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sweet

The “expected format” makes a ton of sense. It allows them to essentially just cut the first four weeks right out if they need to, with minimal effect on playoff standings. 

seems like a good idea, even if it means we may have to watch the Carolina Panthers get steamrolled in Kansas City on opening night (hopefully) 

Edited by FluffHead
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Love the idea of a front-loaded out of conference schedule as has been proposed...the Bills can lose those first four NFC games quickly so they don’t negatively impact their playoff chances. 

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

The “expected format” makes a ton of sense. It allows them to essentially just cut the first four weeks right out if they need to, with minimal effect on playoff standings. 

seems like a good idea, even if it means we may have to watch the Carolina Panthers get steamrolled in Kansas City on opening night (hopefully) 

Even if they don’t have to cut the games out, I like that the out of conference games are first because With the uniquely short/virtual offseason it’s like college where they are warm up games before the more important games. Gives teams a ramp up period of sorts. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

The week 11-14 is the the other AFC non division games. This year we play all of the AFC west 

It says inter-conference.  The AFC West is intra-conference.  I don't know why we play the NFC twice but there must be some reason.  Maybe we play the East again to cut down on travel.  That's probably it actually.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It says inter-conference.  The AFC West is intra-conference.  I don't know why we play the NFC twice but there must be some reason.  Maybe we play the East again to cut down on travel.  That's probably it actually.

We don’t. Its referring to playing the other division within your conference. It’s most likely a typo. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Well its safe to say that if they really use that format season will feel quite different. Not sure what to think about it, but whole situation is extraordinary so I am fine with extraordinary solutions.

As for the Bills this means very tough stretch at the beginning of the year, which is fine with me. Do you guys think that we get @SF and @ARZ in cosecutive games? If yes, how does it work? Do they stay on the West coast for the week or do they come home?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sweet

All makes sense. The only downside I see for the Bills is the games I really think we had an advantage in getting early were those where teams have had big turnover.... Miami, New England, Denver to an extent too. Maybe Arizona fits in there a little bit.... but Seattle, San Fran, LAR have plenty of continuity and I would expect them to be competitive right out of the gate. It makes sense from a league planning perspective and it makes me feel a Seattle opener as the FOX game of the day could well happen, but I do think we lose a bit of the advantage we might have had against some of those AFC teams.

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

We don’t. Its referring to playing the other division within your conference. It’s most likely a typo. 

The NFL has a lot of highly paid professionals.  I doubt it is a typo.  It would cut down on road trips for most NFL teams big time.  We'd be going to Philly and Wah instead of Vegas and Denver.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

All makes sense. The only downside I see for the Bills is the games I really think we had an advantage in getting early were those where teams have had big turnover.... Miami, New England, Denver to an extent too. Maybe Arizona fits in there a little bit.... but Seattle, San Fran, LAR have plenty of continuity and I would expect them to be competitive right out of the gate. It makes sense from a league planning perspective and it makes me feel a Seattle opener as the FOX game of the day could well happen, but I do think we lose a bit of the advantage we might have had against some of those AFC teams.

If they do this I hope all teams double up on roadies and home games.  4 weeks of ping ponging back and forth seems dumb.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

The NFL has a lot of highly paid professionals.  I doubt it is a typo.  It would cut down on road trips for most NFL teams big time.  We'd be going to Philly and Wah instead of Vegas and Denver.

It’s coming from a “random” twitter account. They’re not changing the schedule formula, just possibly “shortening it” if necessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really like this idea. I’ve always wanted the NFL to move towards a more organized and balanced schedule. For example, I’ve enjoyed the shift to late season divisional games. I’d also like to see a single bye week for all teams after Week 8. It’d quickly evolve into a new national holiday Sunday when fans everywhere use that weekend to take trips, etc....and would level the standings across the league.

That works out good if those weeks are postponed /excluded due to a late start to the season.

BTW I want the Seahags at 1pm not 4 :30 we get an advantage.

They get a normal 1pm start after 4  :(