NFL Schedule leaks

5 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Do you also like road playoff games over home field advantage?

No, but what does latter have to do with the former. My point, Sunday afternoon games are the best Bills experience. The odd-ball home game times are not conducive to that. 

18 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I think they'll get at least three...Thursday Night and Monday Night for sure and probably their first ever scheduled Sunday Night game.

I am pretty sure I attended a home Sunday Night game against the Titans the year after the playoff loss and a Sunday night game against the Jets the year before. Both were the home opener too I believe.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

I am pretty sure I attended a home Sunday Night game against the Titans the year after the playoff loss and a Sunday night game against the Jets the year before. Both were the home opener too I believe.

That was before Sunday Night Football was the primary game of the week and on NBC. It wasn't as much of a thing back then.

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That was before Sunday Night Football was the primary game of the week and on NBC. It wasn't as much of a thing back then.

Gotcha. 

Guess I missed the distinction in this thread between ESPN SNF and now.

8 hours ago, batmanfreek said:

We will get our usual Thursday as does the rest of the league and probably one Monday night game against the Jets. We may get a flex later in the season if we don’t collapse. 

While we did make the playoffs we still don’t have the media/league love outside of the same 2 people who pick the Bills every year.  Brady and the Bucs will get their share. Along with KC and Ravens.  You can count on Dallas getting their usual 3+ games and the 9ers, Seahawks, Pittsburg, saints and rams.  Browns because they are still a media darling. 

I am curious to see what the Giants get. They are a big market team and they are one of the NFL's darling franchises. They have basically sucked the past 7 years and this year figures to be no different with a new coach and shortened offseason program given the times. I bet they get at least 1 and maybe 2 primetime games. Also the Bears will get their share of primetime games as one of the teams not mentioned.

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It wouldn't be our first ever scheduled Sunday night game

The Patriots routed us in 07 if memory serves

Yes, it would be. First. Ever. Read my original post again.

The NE* (2007) and Pittsburgh (2019) Sunday Night games versus the Bills were not originally scheduled, they were flexed. The Week 11 2007 game was scheduled to be the 4-5 Bears at the 5-4 Seahawks but the NFL flexed in the 5-4 Bills to be the sacrificial lamb of the 9-0 Pats* during their regular season run to 16-0. You are correct about the rout (56-10), I am correct in stating that if the Bills are scheduled (not flexed) for Sunday Night Football when this year's schedule is released on Thursday, it will be the first time ever. Since 2006, when NBC gained the rights to the 'Sunday Night Football' package and it became the the crown jewel of the NFL schedule, the Bills have appeared only twice, both via flex, which is tied for the fewest ever appearances with the Browns, Jags, and Bucs (which will change this year due to Brady's arrival). Surprisingly, the Dolphins have only appeared three times, second fewest. By contrast, the Cowboys have appeared a ridiculous 47 times, the most by any team. Tied for second most at 38 appearances each are the Pats* and Eagles. So, if the Bills are scheduled on their own merit this year, it will mark an historic, franchise 'first'. Sad but true.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

If you are referring to 1999 vs the Jets and 2000 vs the Titans then, yes, the Bills were on Sunday Night but those games were carried by ESPN when 'Monday Night Football' was still considered the crown jewel of the NFL schedule. It wasn't until NBC started airing 'Sunday Night Football' in 2006 that the Sunday evening games were considered THE game of the week. The Bills appeared on ESPN's Sunday Night games 16 times between 1991 and 2005. 'Monday Night Football' on ABC was considered the 'must watch' game during that span. Now it is the Sunday night game and 'Football Night in America' on NBC. The Bills have only appeared on NBC's version twice, both via flex. 

9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm certain the players feel differently. And for every person who feels like CS does, there are 10,000 ready to fill the stadium on prime time. I don't need another Bills player to talk about how much they love playing at home for that crowd.

That said, I've learned to hate Bills prime time games because for years they have almost always ended badly. Cowboys game with Romo is a perfect example. Crap game, crap night, crap next day. Just crap.

But this team is different. By the time they took took it to the Steelers and Cowboys this past year, I no longer feel a sense of dread going into a prime time game. And with Brady telling everyone his Buccaneers are on his buckenhead, we no longer walk into the razor expecting our semi-annual gang raping.

Bring on prime time.

Hear hear.  I always pay for it the next day, but there's nothing like the anticipation and buildup to a primetime game -- and we finally have a team capable of rising to the challenge.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

This guy put this as a response to the original tweet saying that they put all the non conference games for each team up front in case they had to postpone the season. I swear if we have to play the Pats the 2nd to last game for the 4th year in a row, I'm gonna be annoyed. The schedule makers need to get more creative

Can somebody please explain the bolded part? I am missing the point. How does putting NFC games helps if season is postponed? I guess it makes some sense but I don't see it.

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Can somebody please explain the bolded part? I am missing the point. How does putting NFC games helps if season is postponed? I guess it makes some sense but I don't see it.

I believe that's a perceived 'contingency schedule'. The out of conference games would be front loaded in the event that the schedule needs to be contracted for a later calendar start. OOC games would be the first to be eliminated because conference games would be more important for playoff tiebreakers.

12 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I believe that's a perceived 'contingency schedule'. The out of conference games would be front loaded in the event that the schedule needs to be contracted for a later calendar start. OOC games would be the first to be eliminated because conference games would be more important for playoff tiebreakers.

Oh so frontloading NFC games would be with intention to cut them (i.e. don't play them and play shorter season) in case that NFL has to start later? That makes sense, thanks. Only I wouldn't call this as a solution in case that they want to postpone the season, but shorten the season.

I guess we need to wait two more days ?

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Oh so frontloading NFC games would be with intention to cut them (i.e. don't play them and play shorter season) in case that NFL has to start later? That makes sense, thanks. Only I wouldn't call this as a solution in case that they want to postpone the season, but shorten the season.

I guess we need to wait two more days ?

That was my understanding of why all of the OOC games would be at the beginning of the schedule. Maybe he should have chosen something other than 'postpone'. Might be a poor word choice or just semantics. Either way, like you said, we'll know in two days.

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

No, but what does latter have to do with the former. My point, Sunday afternoon games are the best Bills experience. The odd-ball home game times are not conducive to that. 

The only reason you think that, is because the bills have only won 1 of those night games at home over the last 20 years, and it was a meaningless game against the dolphins in 2012. I love 1pm games too, but having 1 or 2 night games at New Era Field would be a nice treat. The stadium looks amazing under the lights.

Edited by wagon127

9 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The only reason you think that, is because the bills have only won 1 of those night games at home over the last 20 years, and it was a meaningless game against the dolphins in 2012. I love 1pm games too, but having 1 or 2 night games at New Era Field would be a nice treat. The stadium looks amazing under the lights.

Well, that’s not the only reason, but to each his own. And I do agree, it is beautiful at night

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

https://twitter.com/nflschedule2020/status/1257868311196504064?s=21

Who knows if true but would be great. 

That would be interesting.

AFC home games aren't on FOX? Schefter doesn't know what he's talking about.

When the NFC team is the visitor they get their primary coverage network. I know they have relaxed that rule a bit, but that is normally how it is done.

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That would be interesting.

AFC home games aren't on FOX? Schefter doesn't know what he's talking about.

When the NFC team is the visitor they get their primary coverage network. I know they have relaxed that rule a bit, but that is normally how it is done.

Its a fake Schefter account.