NFL Schedule leaks

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

But it DOES make a lot of sense. It’s all about being the sport that owns our attention. All year ‘round.

Sure it makes sense. I would not argue that. If you look up 'attention whor*' in the dictionary, I believe you may just find the NFL shield. ?

Edited by ExWNYer

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I may have to try to find the audio. I went back and checked my texts from that day, and they do mention being the top requested team.

Either way, I disagree that the Cowboys and Pats were the draws. We had very high ratings for the Steelers game too. The common factor across all the highest rated regular season games last year was the Bills. It may have been people wanting to see how the young, upstart Bills do against those teams, but the Bills were the draw.

Bills-Steelers was NOT one of the highest rated games of the year, or even one of that week (Rams vs you guessed it, the Dallas Cowboys earlier that day had almost 5 million more viewers). Every single Dallas SNF game had higher ratings. I'm love that the Bills are getting respect and viewers, but they aren't a top draw quite yet. Hopefully they will be!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, nucci said:

even though people here trash him, Allen is considered an exciting QB around the league

Buddy of mine who is a Cowboys fan (and a former sports anchor in a SEC market) texted me during the Thanksgiving game to say how exciting Josh is to watch. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I may have to try to find the audio. I went back and checked my texts from that day, and they do mention being the top requested team.

Either way, I disagree that the Cowboys and Pats were the draws. We had very high ratings for the Steelers game too. The common factor across all the highest rated regular season games last year was the Bills. It may have been people wanting to see how the young, upstart Bills do against those teams, but the Bills were the draw.

The steelers game high ratings, were cleverly phrases as, "highest rated prime time program of that week." Most SNF games are the highest rated primetime program of the week. The bills vs. Steelers game ratings were not any higher then any other SNF game, i think they were on the mid to lower end.

Edited by wagon127
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 416BillsFan said:

Bills-Steelers was NOT one of the highest rated games of the year, or even one of that week (Rams vs you guessed it, the Dallas Cowboys earlier that day had almost 5 million more viewers). Every single Dallas SNF game had higher ratings. I'm love that the Bills are getting respect and viewers, but they aren't a top draw quite yet. Hopefully they will be!

Never said it was? Only that it got high ratings. And it did.

5 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The steelers game high ratings, were cleverly phrases as, "highest rated prime time program of that week." Most SNF games are the highest rated primetime program of the week. The bills vs. Steelers game ratings were not any higher then any other SNF game, i think they were on the mid to lower end.

Highest rated prime time is still a good selling point that stations notice.

I feel like the Bills are going to get a lot of 4 pm games based on their away opponents:

@ Arizona

@ Denver

@ Vegas

@ San Fran

Then home games against the two LA teams and Seattle.

Guaranteed 4 and potentially 7. Not a good season for anyone who likes 1 pm games

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One of the NFL scheduling guys was on WGR a couple weeks ago and said the Bills were the #1 most requested team for prime time games by the tv stations. They looked at the ratings for the Thanksgiving and Pats Saturday night games and see the Bills as the hottest ticket.

That said, I personally am not a fan of getting the Prime Time games since I'm an old fogey. I'll take 16 games at 1pm Sunday please.

But I expect the Bills to get at least 3 Prime Time games.

Same here!.. 

This guy put this as a response to the original tweet saying that they put all the non conference games for each team up front in case they had to postpone the season. I swear if we have to play the Pats the 2nd to last game for the 4th year in a row, I'm gonna be annoyed. The schedule makers need to get more creative

2 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

You mad, bro?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

Can you cite your source because I have ratings that show the Bill-Steelers games was the most-watched individual game that weekend with a 10.47 share, 18.1 MM viewers.  Perhaps you're referring to the Sunday 4pm ratings of 13.12 rating/23 MM viewers, but that's for ALL games shown, not just the Cowboys.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekly-sports-tv-ratings-12-9-12-15-2019.html

Further, Bills-Dallas drew a 13.53 rating, 32.6 MM viewers. Top rated football game.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekly-sports-tv-ratings-11-25-12-1-2019.html

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here are my predictions for prime time games, assuming a full season:

vs Patriots - Monday night

vs Pittsburgh - Sunday night

at Dolphins - Thursday night

Interesting predictions.

I don't see the Bills getting two prime time games at home.

5 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I think they'll get at least three...Thursday Night and Monday Night for sure and probably their first ever scheduled Sunday Night game.

That's the 'contingency schedule'. The out of conference games would be front loaded in the event that the schedule needs to be contracted for a later calendar start. OOC games would be the first to be eliminated because conference games would be more important for playoff tiebreakers.

It wouldn't be our first ever scheduled Sunday night game

The Patriots routed us in 07 if memory serves

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

It wouldn't be our first ever scheduled Sunday night game

The Patriots routed us in 07 if memory serves

I believe that was flexed, and I believe the poster means SNF games scheduled that way right from the start