What is the one spot on the roster that still has a hole?

I would say the LB spot left open by losing Lorenzo Alexander. I'm excited to see what Vosean Joseph brings but maybe we can bring in a vet on a minimal contract for a year? The rest of the defense and the rest of the team for that matter is about as close to set as it can be except this one spot I think. Milano on one end, Edmunds in the middle and maybe someone like Clay Matthews on a one year cheap deal? He had 8 sacks and 2 forced fumbles last year in 13 games. He's 34 and obviously not completely what he once was but on a one year minimal deal and bringing a veteran presence and solid production last year. Why not? We might feel good about what we have although we did have Kirksey come in for a visit so, who knows?

As ESPN kept reminding us during each Bills draft selection, Josh Allen was the third most pressured QB last season. That being said, I would think we still have something to plug on the Oline.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

As ESPN kept reminding us during each Bills draft selection, Josh Allen was the third most pressured QB last season. That being said, I would think we still have something to plug on the Oline.

This gets my vote as well. 

Tough to believe that this regime can't see the difference between an all pro OG and a journeyman as the former elevates the play of the players next to him. The one singular thing that was good about Rex Ryan was that he understood how important it is to build a top offensive line, hence Richie Incognito. 

I dunno, perhaps they expect development, growth, continuity out of the starters from last season. However, I just don't see it. One of the biggest flaws on last seasons offense was the ability to score in the red zone with the run game...besides the QB running it in.  Last season Singletary had 2 rushing TD's as did Gore. Allen had 9 himself and 510 yards rushing. This can't stand. Derrick Henry had 16 rushing TD's. Dalvin Cook had 13 rushing TD's.

Cam Newton has proved that running QB's don't last in this league.

The one thing to take note of is when Josh Allen doesn't have all that much pressure on him he performs so much better. This helps him gain confidence and will help with his accuracy. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

None, Zero, Nada

what House said.  Every team can always want more, but if it’s and buts we’re candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.  Our team is fine.

Would it be nice to have a TE, CB, RT, etc., etc., sure.  Every team has holes.  This is the most complete team we’ve had in a long time.  For those who go back to the mid 70’s, you know as me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This gets my vote as well. 

Tough to believe that this regime can't see the difference between an all pro OG and a journeyman as the former elevates the play of the players next to him. The one singular thing that was good about Rex Ryan was that he understood how important it is to build a top offensive line, hence Richie Incognito. 

I dunno, perhaps they expect development, growth, continuity out of the starters from last season. However, I just don't see it. One of the biggest flaws on last seasons offense was the ability to score in the red zone with the run game...besides the QB running it in.  Last season Singletary had 2 rushing TD's as did Gore. Allen had 9 himself and 510 yards rushing. This can't stand. Derrick Henry had 16 rushing TD's. Dalvin Cook had 13 rushing TD's.

Cam Newton has proved that running QB's don't last in this league.

The one thing to take note of is when Josh Allen doesn't have all that much pressure on him he performs so much better. This helps him gain confidence and will help with his accuracy. 

Quinton Spain in 16 and 17 was as good as anything Incognitio has produced. Now admittedly his last year in Tennessee and first year here was not that standard but was still pretty solid. As for finding an all pro guard.... it is not that easy. I think the Bills might have one on the roster but he is their starting left tackle. 

The Bills really only play Edmunds and Milano at LB.

If one of them goes down....................... LOOK OUT BELOW.

The perfect scenario for the OL is...........

LT Dawkins

LG Spain

C Morse

RG Ford (stepping up in his second year

RT Williams (returning somewhat close to forum)

with Feliciano being the interior backup and Nsekhe being the T backup.

Otherwise, this team is very strong top to bottom.

And if you have a really strong team, you don't worry about the punter so much.

54 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Shorter underneath routes, Motor out wide/behind the D-line like Thurman, problem solved. 

I believe Klein will play his Lb portion of the D and ST.  Replacing his pass rushing will be a bit of everyone.

i hope Joseph makes the team.  I like his violent hits.  Kinda reminds me of a slightly smaller young Bradham but more raw.....lol.  Whatever that means.  I feel he might need another year though. I’m counting on any productive playing time for him.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I would say the LB spot left open by losing Lorenzo Alexander. I'm excited to see what Vosean Joseph brings but maybe we can bring in a vet on a minimal contract for a year? The rest of the defense and the rest of the team for that matter is about as close to set as it can be except this one spot I think. Milano on one end, Edmunds in the middle and maybe someone like Clay Matthews on a one year cheap deal? He had 8 sacks and 2 forced fumbles last year in 13 games. He's 34 and obviously not completely what he once was but on a one year minimal deal and bringing a veteran presence and solid production last year. Why not? We might feel good about what we have although we did have Kirksey come in for a visit so, who knows?

I feel our biggest question mark is RT and it’s not really even close.  The only thing we know: Ford is the favorite and we have a bunch of experienced and inexperienced guys gunning for him.  Ford has to feel the heat. It’s going to be a competitive room, not doubt.  Hopefully someone can take the job and run.  I don’t care who it is, as long as they play well

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1