Favorite homemade sandwich?

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Salami on Vienna bread with Philadelphia Cream Cheese. 

I was driving my son to a hockey tourney this winter, stopped at a little deli for breakfast, and all they had left for “ready to go” sandwiches was a plain bagel with cream cheese and salami.

I did not sound good to me, but I got it anyway because I was starving.  It was really delicious!  Something about the combination of the salami and cream cheese.  

• Like (+1) 1

It all starts with the bread: a nice Italian sub roll/bread.  Build the sub with salami, capicola, prosciutto and provolone cheese.  Top the sub with lettuce, roasted red peppers, onions, spicy mustard and oil dressing.  Maybe not the healthiest but very tasty.

• Like (+1) 1

Crusty Italian bread or roll. Trusello's bread was always my favorite.  Hot capicola, spicy salami (Calabrese or Sicilian) and Imported Stravecchio Provolone.  No condiment whatsoever. Wash it down with good red wine or a cold beer.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Crusty Italian bread or roll. Trusello's bread was always my favorite.  Hot capicola, spicy salami (Calabrese or Sicilian) and Imported Stravecchio Provolone.  No condiment whatsoever. Wash it down with good red wine or a cold beer.

I dig it.

On 5/3/2020 at 1:18 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Probably leftover Thanksgiving turkey, Miracle Whip (fight me), salt and pepper, thick toasted bread. If there are cranberries around, I'll throw them on.

I do the same (with miracle whip and a little cranberry sauce), except I will add lettuce, tomato, havarti cheese, bacon, guacamole too.

——-

edit. Now that I have attempted to be a vegetarian, I am doing these great veggie subs all the time. 

Toasted Sub roll with mayo and guacamole (or hummus). Then melted provolone and raw spinach, green onions, green peppers, sprouts, cucumbers, and tomatoes. 

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I do the same (with miracle whip and a little cranberry sauce), except I will add lettuce, tomato, havarti cheese, bacon, guacamole too.

——-

edit. Now that I have attempted to be a vegetarian, I am doing these great veggie subs all the time. 

Toasted Sub roll with mayo and guacamole (or hummus). Then melted provolone and raw spinach, green onions, green peppers, sprouts, cucumbers, and tomatoes. 

Try a tomato sandwich.

I make them on hoagie rolls. Two decent sized tomatoes, mayo, salt and pepper.

Great in the summer.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

——-

emma stone | Trending Gifs | Page 2

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Try a tomato sandwich.

Great in the summer.

I am still struggling with my answer to this question (original post).  But I saw this and had to chime in.  My father makes tomato sandwiches with sliced tomatoes, sugar and mayo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I am still struggling with my answer to this question (original post).  But I saw this and had to chime in.  My father makes tomato sandwiches with sliced tomatoes, sugar and mayo.

Around here the tomatoes are already sweet enough. Don't need the sugar.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Try a tomato sandwich.

Great in the summer.

I will have to try this. I am a big fan of making a simple bruschetta on the grill in the summer. Tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella. 

7 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I will have to try this. I am a big fan of making a simple bruschetta on the grill in the summer. Tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella. 

Don't forget the balsamic in that case

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

miracle whip ? gag.

Helmans REAL Mayo 

When I was a kid we usually had Miracle Whip in the house. But I really don't understand mayo or MW. Mostly just tasteless oozing goo, IMO. Reminds me of puss, in a way.

And why is it always slathered on stuff? I think this is white peoples' (WASPS') way of "spicing things up".  :P*

*Horribly racist, I know. But I have a lot of white friends. ;)

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Animated Left Arrow Gif at Best Animations

Isn't MW basically mayo with added sugar?

Like lipstick on a pig. Mayo's ugly/trashy step sister.

14 minutes ago, The Dean said:

When I was a kid we usually had Miracle Whip in the house. But I really don't understand mayo or MW. Mostly just tasteless oozing goo, IMO. Reminds me of puss, in a way.

You need to start dating different girls, man.

• Haha (+1) 2