Favorite homemade sandwich?

21 minutes ago, The Dean said:

When I was a kid we usually had Miracle Whip in the house. But I really don't understand mayo or MW. Mostly just tasteless oozing goo, IMO. Reminds me of puss, in a way.

Those girls need to see a Dr.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

Grilled ham and cheese with leftover Easter ham...

A good grilled ham and cheese (or bacon and cheese) is a great thing. Really hard to beat. Bowl of tomato soup and you are golden!

• Like (+1) 2

Sliced off-the-bone ham.  Lightly seared on both sides.

Thick-cut hickory smoked bacon - on the crispy side.

Sourdough bread.  Spicy mustard on the inside; buttered on the outside.

Pepper jack and provolone cheese.

Thinly-sliced tomatoes, patted dry so they don't soak the bread.

Assemble sandwich.  Lightly toasted.  Creamy tomato bisque on the side.

Edited by Gugny

Charlie The Butcher thin shaved roast beef, homemade cheese sauce made with Yancey Fancy smoked gouda, a Thin Man Burning Money. Step to my WNY game, I dare ya!

48F8A407-7E6B-46F9-B804-467480E57C63.jpeg

pic won’t post right side up but you get the idea ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:18 AM, Seasons1992 said:

Probably leftover Thanksgiving turkey, Miracle Whip (fight me), salt and pepper, thick toasted bread. If there are cranberries around, I'll throw them on.

Amen, brother!

And if there is dressing left over, put that on the sandwich, too!

I was going to say peanut butter and bacon with lettuce. This may make people go "ewwww" but it is great.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Poleshifter said:

Amen, brother!

And if there is dressing left over, put that on the sandwich, too!

I was going to say peanut butter and bacon with lettuce. This may make people go "ewwww" but it is great.

When I was a kid I was at neighbors and the mom was going to make lunch. She asked what I’d like and I said mayonnaise and jelly. Prettier sure I was thinking peanut butter and jelly, but HEY, I was a kid. Anyways, that became my sandwich for a while. Sounds disgusting, but it kind of grew on me.  My next phase was cheddar cheese, pickles and yellow mustard. I’m MUCH better now! 

Peanut butter and bacon is classic, but I never tried lettuce on there. 

Oh, I also put cranberry (the lumpy stuff preferably) on the Thanksgiving leftover sandwich with the stuffing, and lots of mayo. That may be better than the actual meal! 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

When I was a kid I was at neighbors and the mom was going to make lunch. She asked what I’d like and I said mayonnaise and jelly. Prettier sure I was thinking peanut butter and jelly, but HEY, I was a kid. Anyways, that became my sandwich for a while. Sounds disgusting, but it kind of grew on me.  My next phase was cheddar cheese, pickles and yellow mustard. I’m MUCH better now! 

Peanut butter and bacon is classic, but I never tried lettuce on there. 

Oh, I also put cranberry (the lumpy stuff preferably) on the Thanksgiving leftover sandwich with the stuffing, and lots of mayo. That may be better than the actual meal! 

I'm glad you have heard of (or at least are not grossed out by) the PB & bacon idea.

The lettuce adds the moisture needed by the dry peanut butter.

• Like (+1) 1