The Bills' suddenly deadly WR corps

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am very happy with the Starting 3. My hope is the depth can step up and start pushing the starting three

^this-if one of those guys goes down the Bills could be in trouble. Hopefully Knox and Singletary improve significantly which would lessen that blow, but past the first 3 receivers they’re still lacking

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

^this-if one of those guys goes down the Bills could be in trouble. Hopefully Knox and Singletary improve significantly which would lessen that blow, but past the first 3 receivers they’re still lacking

So are the vast majority of teams in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Can't argue that Josh Allen is the key, and I would say if he just stays where he was last year--minus a few head scratchers he throws in there just for the Monday highlight shows--this offense will be better.

However, I think the one area that will improve and will be the bigger factor in an improved offense is the run game. First, less Josh, more the backs. And now having two top backs (assuming Moss works out), will make a big difference. Let's face it, by the end of the season Gore was more a liability than a help. A full season of Singletary as #1, and a strong #2 guy, with an o-line that should be better as they get to year 2 of working together (remember, the o-line was completely overhauled last year), and the run game will improve. Becasue if that, it will give more opportunities in the passing game, and as long as Josh Allen doesn't regress, this offense will be much better. Why? = Better running attack to "matriculate the ball down the field." [You got to be a certain age to know where that comes from.]

On your first paragraph, I agree, especially if the dropped passes issue is fixed, hell, Josh would have been at sixty plus percentage on completions if only a third less passes were dropped, and that would likely result in more points scored, and more wins. Jmo of course. 

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I miss the WR group of Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, Ray Ray McCloud, Jeremy Kerley and Robert Foster with a TE group of Clay, Jason Croom and Logan Thomas. ?

Well, I wouldn’t say I was missing it...?

• Haha (+1) 2

Yes, it's on Josh now. Heck, it was on Josh last year and he showed good improvement with just Brown, Beasley, and Knox(who had many a game changing drop) added to the group. Now we've added a legit WR in Diggs and two rookies with solid potential in Davis/Hodgins. If Josh takes the same step forward from year 2 to 3 as he did from 1 to 2 then this offense is going to be hard to handle. Couple that with a good already, but seemingly improved defense, and we have a legit contender on our hands. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

And people thought he was good..

I think people underestimate how good Fitz could be.  That was our best passing offense Bledsoe and it featured 7th rounders and castoffs.

and the only issue with this core is they can’t ride all the rides at Disney world.  Would love to have some more size to them but they are a very good trio. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Yes, it's on Josh now. Heck, it was on Josh last year and he showed good improvement with just Brown, Beasley, and Knox(who had many a game changing drop) added to the group. Now we've added a legit WR in Diggs and two rookies with solid potential in Davis/Hodgins. If Josh takes the same step forward from year 2 to 3 as he did from 1 to 2 then this offense is going to be hard to handle. Couple that with a good already, but seemingly improved defense, and we have a legit contender on our hands. 

If Allen can’t led us to 24 points/ game (which is about average) this year, he’s never going to do it.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I miss the WR group of Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, Ray Ray McCloud, Jeremy Kerley and Robert Foster with a TE group of Clay, Jason Croom and Logan Thomas. ?

My goodness, that really was horrid. like, all time bad level

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am very happy with the Starting 3. My hope is the depth can step up and start pushing the starting three

This Davis kid looks like he might get on the field. Brings something different than the other 3. 

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

My goodness, that really was horrid. like, all time bad level

incredible how recently this happened and how quickly it changed. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I looked back at the wide receiver stats for the 2019 season to see where our WRs ranked in the three main metrics,  Yards / Receptions / TDs.  The Bills will have three different receivers who were all highly productive in 2019.  When you look at their ranks remember that there are 32 teams in the League and all three of our WRs rank inside the top 32 in every category except for Beasley falling to #38 in yards.     

*** Check out the rankings linked to below, they have numerous WR with the same number of TDs clumped together. I'm not sure how they assign individual ranks for WR with the same number of TDs.  That seems a bit arbitrary.

2019 NFL WR RANKINGS

YARDS          RECEPTIONS          TDs ***

Diggs            15                       31                      29

Brown           19                       22                      26

Beasley        38                       25                      27

We have gone from a team with arguably the worst WR corps, to one of the best units in the League in two years.  There are weapons all over this offense now who can score points.  Let's hope that Diggs can get similar production with Allen in Buffalo.  If Diggs is even close to his production last year, this offense is going to be exciting to watch.  I think the days of watching "defensive battles" every Sunday is over.

https://fantasyfootballers.org/wr-wide-receiver-nfl-stats/

I have been watching some of the 2018 season on replay and I realized that the best reciever on that team would be maybe our 5th best recieving option now and that truly that was the Shady and Josh show the last month of season.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

The WRs will help, but it’s all on Josh Allen.

It takes two to complete a pass and the Bills have ranked pretty high in drops during Josh's tenure so far, so it's at least as much on them as it is on him. Certainly he has room to improve, but he's better than his completion percentage would indicate, and that should show up in stats (and more importantly, wins) now that the receiving corps has been upgraded.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

The WRs will help, but it’s all on Josh Allen.

We were second on the league, behind Miami, in dropped passes!
     While Josh has to get the ball out faster AND hit the long ball better, it is most definitely not “ All on Josh Allen.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1